+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Search called off for Emiliano Sala

Search called off for Emiliano Sala

With Guernesey Police's latest announcement, all parties involved I guess come to a certain sense of closure.

I'm sure this club and its fans will never forget this horrible tragedy. All of our thoughts go out to his family

sala2.jpg

Re: Rest in Peace Emiliano Sala

RIP

RIP bluebird, we never got to meet but your memory will live on forever here.

RIP also to Mr Ibbotson.

RIP Sala, forever a bluebird

Once a bluebird, always a bluebird.

RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    The fact that his body might never be found must be so hard for his family to take. Can't even properly bury their son. Can't even begin to imagine what they're even going through

Re: Search called off for Emiliano Sala

Rest in peace Emiliano and David.
    This week will never ever be forgotten about.
    Fly high Bluebird.

just not right

but r.i.p sala... in our dreams you scored an incredible goal for us...

r.i.p david the pilot and thoughts go out to the family

so sorry

As mentioned above, it would have at least been something if the bodies had been found - sadly, that's very unlikely to happen now.

So sad and such a waste.

RIP to Emilio Sala and David Ibbotson, commiserations to your family and friends.

As I said in the other thread, all this is so reminiscent of the disappearance of Glenn Miller over the English channel all those years ago. Unless some traces of the plane/debris are found then the conjecture and/or conspiracy theories will continue for years to come. So sad for the families involved if that is the case, as they can never have closure. Also all the more sad that perhaps it was indeed the fact that he didn't want to be late on the first day of his new job (I'm sure we've all been in that position) that he made the fateful decision to use that flight.

What a tragic loss and horrible circumstances with our young striker obviously terrified.

You cannot begin to imagine the shock, grief and pain for the families and friends involved. Last week the excitement and elation and now this awful ending.

RIP Emilio Sala and David Ibbotson.

A sad chapter in the City history books but never to be forgotten.

I hope us fans, the club and the broader football community can do something to help those grieving.

RIP Emiliano and the pilot. For me with no bodies, there is no closure. God bless the families and loved ones .

I think we all knew it would probably end like this. I find it incredibly sad looking at his photos, with his happy smiling face. A young lad far from home who had made good of the exceptional talent he had. I find myself surprised it has upset me so much, but when you read all about his development, his family and the fact that everyone that knew him, echoed that he was such a lovely guy.

So very sad for all concerned including the pilot and his family.

I can’t stop thinking about the incident and what their poor family must be going through. RIP both xxx

RIP to both.

Such a sad story.

RIP both - never to be forgotten