+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This Daily Mail report answers a number of nagging questions....

This Daily Mail report answers a number of nagging questions....

...details about why Sala wanted to make his own flight arrangements and how City reacted; nothing conclusive about the insurances though - speculation that maybe the Club just didn't have time to conclude paperwork necessary in such cases.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...-training.html

I'm sure we've all read by now what sort of a boy Sala is and the respect and esteem as a person he'd made within Nantes FC. Total tragedy in so many ways.

Re: This Daily Mail report answers a number of nagging questions....

That report is well and truly planted by the agent to make clear the flight is non commercial and not owned by him. the use of an N reg plane and a part time pilot (OFTEN but not always without the correct ticket to fly the equivalent commercial flight) is not unusual if the flight is classified as private. Frankie Detorri had the same when he crashed and UK / European regs could do nothing about the clear commercial arrangement.

Re: This Daily Mail report answers a number of nagging questions....

Exactly what I've been thinking! I'm sure all of us have been in the situation where we are starting a new job and are desperate not to be late for work on the first day. Could that be why he took the fateful decision to use that non-commercial flight? It would explain it, especially as he reportedly had a scary journey on the first leg back to France. Why would you want to face that again unless you had a pretty good reason?