+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It’s ironic

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: It’s ironic

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Personally, I think he was well suited to our style of play that employs two wingers, with Camarasa and others providing through balls. He was a willing chaser with good heading ability, and also capable of meeting low crosses on the ground.
    But we don’t do crosses or through balls down channels, do we? We hit it long on a target having the wingers trying to pick up second balls. But I support your view on good header and meeting low crosses. He had a fine season doing just that, the poor guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    But we don’t do crosses or through balls down channels, do we? We hit it long on a target having the wingers trying to pick up second balls. But I support your view on good header and meeting low crosses. He had a fine season doing just that, the poor guy.
    We are capable of providing the crosses and through balls, but we've never had a striker who was suited to this type of role, and now we still don't have one

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    We are capable of providing the crosses and through balls
    If only we'd had a top striker against Huddersfield and Newcastle to get on the end of the endless crosses and through balls that tormented their defences.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If only we'd had a top striker against Huddersfield and Newcastle to get on the end of the endless crosses and through balls that tormented their defences.
    Our wingers stopped putting in aimless crosses a while back, they now prefer to take on their man in the hope of getting into a shooting position or moving a little closer to other teammates, but like I said they are more than capable of getting in crosses if the tactics require it. Unfortunately it's a pointless tactic with what we currently have available up front.