+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Heartbreaking :(

Heartbreaking :(

Promised my 7 year old the home top with Sala on the back this weekend. After he signed I showed him his YouTube goals and he became super excited so I said we can buy him the top at the next home game.

Told him the news today (he’s been following it since Tuesday) and he said even though I’ll never see him play can I still have his name on a top... didn’t know how to answer. Was he ever allocated a number? Would the club print his name etc now? Told him I’d look into it.

Re: Heartbreaking :(

Number 27 I believe has been mentioned

As mentioned many times last few days; whatever the number, I hope it’s retired.

Well he used to wear 9 at Nantes, but 25, 26, 27 and 15 are the ones we had free.

I've seen 27 mentioned on here, but not sure if that was guess work or not.

I hope your son gets Sala on the back of his shirt

My son's gutted too, as he's been really excited about us getting our own Sala.
    I'm also thinking it would be a nice tribute to get him another shirt with Sala on the back.
    Let's hope there's an announcement regarding a squad number.
    What a tragedy - it's going to be a sad occasion at the Bournemouth match.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Lee View Post
    Promised my 7 year old the home top with Sala on the back this weekend. After he signed I showed him his YouTube goals and he became super excited so I said we can buy him the top at the next home game.

Told him the news today (he’s been following it since Tuesday) and he said even though I’ll never see him play can I still have his name on a top... didn’t know how to answer. Was he ever allocated a number? Would the club print his name etc now? Told him I’d look into it.
    I think it would be a hell of a tribute if loads of us had shirts, t-shirts etc with Sala 27 on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think it would be a hell of a tribute if loads of us had shirts, t-shirts etc with Sala 27 on them.
    Total waste of money. Put the money you would have spent on a T shirt to some use by supporting the Channel Islands Air Search charity or ask the club to pass on any profits from T shirt sales to the same (if a T shirt is what you want).