+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It’s ironic

Re: It’s ironic

****ing dreadful thread tbh.

The search for his body was called off less than 12 hours ago and there's a thread discussing whether he'd have fitted into our style of play. Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post

The search for his body was called off less than 12 hours ago and there's a thread discussing whether he'd have fitted into our style of play. Jesus.
    I didn't mean it to come across that way, I was defending the legacy of a fine young man and a talented football player, who came to Cardiff to make a difference and not just make up the numbers. Now we will never know, but as a person and a player he had already won me over. This is the worst moment since Gary Speed left us, and I am absolutely saddened by what has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    O my.
    I think you're on the wrong messageboard. The Man Utd board with the OGS love-in can be found at: http://www.redcafe.net/

In the mean time perhaps you could explain when you've seen Sala play to be able to come to the same conclusion as Blake did? Otherwise dismissing the ability of a young lad who has just died, without having seen him play, could make you come over as a bit of an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    We are capable of providing the crosses and through balls
    If only we'd had a top striker against Huddersfield and Newcastle to get on the end of the endless crosses and through balls that tormented their defences.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If only we'd had a top striker against Huddersfield and Newcastle to get on the end of the endless crosses and through balls that tormented their defences.
    Our wingers stopped putting in aimless crosses a while back, they now prefer to take on their man in the hope of getting into a shooting position or moving a little closer to other teammates, but like I said they are more than capable of getting in crosses if the tactics require it. Unfortunately it's a pointless tactic with what we currently have available up front.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    FFS

This was a thread that claimed Sala was gonna change our fortunes and Wolff disagreed. Get over yourself
    Did he really need to begin his reply with the word "bollocks" at a time like this though?

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post

Unbelievable, isn't it. We have a small amount of idiots, unfortunately.

This entire thread is cringeworthy, I sincerely hope Mike bins it.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I think you're on the wrong messageboard. The Man Utd board with the OGS love-in can be found at: http://www.redcafe.net/

In the mean time perhaps you could explain when you've seen Sala play to be able to come to the same conclusion as Blake did? Otherwise dismissing the ability of a young lad who has just died, without having seen him play, could make you come over as a bit of an idiot.
    The heading of the thread says «ITS ironic» Not «ITS tragic» it goes on saying we who criticized the club, should think twice becouse of this. If you people are so dumb you can’t seperate the two, and thinking somehow this has any impact on Salas memory or his ability as a footballer, you are just blatant crazy. Every poster saying anything about his ability talks about his ability to get in the box, low and high. And if are so dumb not to recognize that I talk about - WE DO NOT PLAY THAT WAY!” , did you get it now? I’ll take you to the cleaners every day talking about football, but with that opening. Why bother..

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Unbelievable, isn't it. We have a small amount of idiots, unfortunately.
    I wouldn’t call it small..

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    This entire thread is cringeworthy, I sincerely hope Mike bins it.
    Don’t worry I’m sure Gestapo Matt will be along soon to bin another thread for no reason at all.

Perhaps they should suspend all threads for a month until all the grief hipsters say it’s acceptable to talk about football again.

Some of you seriously need to get a grip.

And maybe some should realise that there is a time and a place for "no nonsense" messageboard personas and the day a search is called off for a missing Cardiff City player is not it.

Speaking for myself, I think you and Wolff talk a lot of sense when it comes to football and I don't mind the additional stuff which tends to come with both of your contributions, but just because people are reacting differently to you doesn't mean that they are wrong - "grief hipsters" and "faux grief" are, for want of a better word, provocative terms at the best of times, but the people responsible for these tributes are not doing it to play up to some social media identity they want to portray.

sala tribute.jpg

It is illogical to think so many would feel this way about somone who has just lost their life in a tragic accident that they never knew or had even met ! And yet they do !!

BUT the emotional attachment we all have to our football club is illogical! Fans spend hundreds/thousands of pounds and time following their club up and down the country , travelling thousands of miles, in awful weather to watch 90 minutes of football with no guarantee of seeing a goal never mind a win and yet we do it !!
    !! So if people want to do a dignified show of respect by laying flowers or club scarfs,shirts then they should be allowed to without judgement!

Some may not feel the need and that is fine too but with all that has happened this week, can we just try and act in a dignified manner ?

Watching and listening to Ken Choo just about holding it together whilst having to give those emotional interviews moved me deeply , he deserves a lot of respect for his empathy and sympathy whilst dealing with a terrible situation.

I wish I hadn’t started this thread now. I must have made a clumsy attempt at putting my point over. All I meant was, the more I’ve read and seen of Sala, the more I believe we were on the verge of seeing a great addition to our squad, and not just in playing terms. Apologies if I offended anyone by suggesting they can’t still be angry with the clubs recruiting policy and style of play.

I’m not sure the term ‘’grief hipster’ is understood by the poster using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I’m not sure the term ‘’grief hipster’ is understood by the poster using it.
    Maybe anyone who wants to use the those words should put them on a tshirt and walk around CCS for a couple of hours rather than bang them out from behind the safety of a computer screen.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Did he really need to begin his reply with the word "bollocks" at a time like this though?

I agree with you on that, but people do seem to go on the attack both here and on Twitter at anyone who says anything which isn't to do with mourning.

Everyone agrees that the whole event has been tragic and football has paled into insignificance but jumping on everyone who is not in sackloth and ashes gets me down.

On Twitter there are fans ramping up every day for what is appropriate for everyone to do. Last night we had to "leave a light on", today it will be something else.

I'm not trying to project a tough guy persona, I just wish people would pay a tribute and then let the families mourn and the experts investigate rather than people thinking they're Colombo.