+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It’s ironic

It’s ironic

A lot of posters on here, myself included, were giving the club a lot of stick, for what appeared to be a lack of urgency and interest in the January window.
    All the time, it seams they were doing the ground work and behind the scenes negotiations, to bring Sala here. It’s difficult to predict how it would have panned out, but it appears we were about to unveil a real gem of a player. Level headed, Kean, humble, and raring to go.
    Fate has sadly scuppered it,

Re: It’s ironic

Bollocks. It’s heartbreaking and tragic what has happened. No doubt a fine human being, and having the best days in his career scoring goals. But the criticism stands, he was a long shot fitting in to City long ball tactics. But don’t make that out to make him a legend. He is a legend becouse we lost a soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    Bollocks. It’s heartbreaking and tragic what has happened. No doubt a fine human being, and having the best days in his career scoring goals. But the criticism stands, he was a long shot fitting in to City long ball tactics. But don’t make that out to make him a legend. He is a legend becouse we lost a soldier.
    Your normal service has resumed then.

But the criticism stands, he was a long shot fitting in to City long ball tactics.
    He looked pretty good at meeting crosses and chasing through balls, which is the type of play where Patterson thrived for a short while, so your assessment seems short-sighted, or maybe you are just being nasty and looking for attention?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Your normal service has resumed then.
    I’m sorry! Was this another condolence post? If so, my deepest sympathies. But if making it out the club are anywhere near doing ground work and Sala the obvious missing piece? I’m sorry, I stand by my point.
    Dosent take away either his dignity or accomplishment as a footballer.. And certainly not the tragedy that it all is..

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He looked pretty good at meeting crosses and chasing through balls, which is the type of play where Patterson thrived for a short while, so your assessment seems short-sighted, or maybe you are just being mean?
    Not at all. I supported Blakey with his assessment, and still do. Sadly we wil never find out, will we.

Not at all. I supported Blakey with his assessment, and still do. Sadly we wil never find out, will we.
    Personally, I think he was well suited to our style of play that employs two wingers, with Camarasa and others providing through balls. He was a willing chaser with good heading ability, and also capable of meeting low crosses on the ground.

Personally, I think he was well suited to our style of play that employs two wingers, with Camarasa and others providing through balls. He was a willing chaser with good heading ability, and also capable of meeting low crosses on the ground.
    But we don’t do crosses or through balls down channels, do we? We hit it long on a target having the wingers trying to pick up second balls. But I support your view on good header and meeting low crosses. He had a fine season doing just that, the poor guy.

But we don’t do crosses or through balls down channels, do we? We hit it long on a target having the wingers trying to pick up second balls. But I support your view on good header and meeting low crosses. He had a fine season doing just that, the poor guy.
    We are capable of providing the crosses and through balls, but we've never had a striker who was suited to this type of role, and now we still don't have one

I never mentioned him being a legend. It’s just the more I’ve heard of his personality and playing style, the more I feel he would have been a great addition to the squad. That’s only my opinion though. No need for the aggressive reply.

We are capable of providing the crosses and through balls, but we've never had a striker who was suitable for this kind of role, and now we still don't have one
    We do, and we did. Watched the Newcastle game two times. Let there be no mistake, the orders were hit them high and long! Even with players ready to recive the ball close range we resorted to this. But it was my hope also, we would mix and change it, all though highly unlikely with Sala on board. A better version of Madine Blakey said. And we didn’t try that much either.

To any non cardiff fans reading these boards due to recent events, can I just reassure that Wolff is by far the least representative and least intelligent Cardiff fan and that the rest of us for the most part have some empathy and intelligence. Strike rate of over 1/3, many of those headers, incredibly hard working and 6'2. Yeah, I think its safe to say he was a talented player that we would have been lucky to have and suited our style, whatever that means. Not that it matters, any member of our club should be treated the same. He'll always be city, with me.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I never mentioned him being a legend. It’s just the more I’ve heard of his personality and playing style, the more I feel he would have been a great addition to the squad. That’s only my opinion though. No need for the aggressive reply.
    No aggression attended mate! Also got to know more of him as a person this last week. Top bloke and human being. I just don’t think the two subjects belong together, the club doing fine work or him being the missing piece. He should be honored somehow, as a legend and symbol. But not for something that never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC27 View Post
    To any non cardiff fans reading these boards due to recent events, can I just reassure that Wolff is by far the least representative and least intelligent Cardiff fan and that the rest of us for the most part have some empathy and intelligence. Strike rate of over 1/3, many of those headers, incredibly hard working and 6'2. Yeah, I think its safe to say he was a talented player that we would have been lucky to have and suited our style, whatever that means. Not that it matters, any member of our club should be treated the same. He'll always be city, with me.
    You just have to look at completed crosses or through balls our last five games, and you would know this one isn’t the sharpest tool in the box either.. What do you think? Your on live tv?

You just have to look at completed crosses or through balls our last five games, and you would know this one isn’t the sharpest tool in the box either.. What do you think? Your on live tv?
    Our completed crosses, lower due to the lack of a real striker. Again not relevant, he's a bluebird and will always be, and this wasn't the time for criticising the club's signing of him. As the rest of it, make a point that makes sense. Grow up.

He looked pretty good at meeting crosses and chasing through balls, which is the type of play where Patterson thrived for a short while, so your assessment seems short-sighted, or maybe you are just being nasty and looking for attention?
    Bingo!

Wolff is right I’m afraid to say. We don’t get crosses in the box for a striker to feed off.

Our “wingers” are choosen on their defensive ability these days it seems and I can’t remember the last time we played a neat triangle with 3rd man runners and got the winger in behind the full back to got a cross in.

He appeared to be a very pleasant, level headed and fine human being as you say. Unlike you of course, who appears to be an attention seeking waste of space of a human being, who insults the memory of such a fine young man by trying to use him as a pawn in your quest to discredit the manager, players and club generally at every opportunity.

FFS

This was a thread that claimed Sala was gonna change our fortunes and Wolff disagreed. Get over yourself

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    FFS

This was a thread that claimed Sala was gonna change our fortunes and Wolff disagreed. Get over yourself
    OP literally said he didn't know how it would affect our season....

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC27 View Post
    OP literally said he didn't know how it would affect our season....
    He said it appeared we were gonna unveil a real gem of a player.

Now never seen the lad play but I'm not gonna change everything I said on here before the tragedy took place.

Unfortunately we'll never know now, but I honestly think we needed 4 or 5 players to turn our season around.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    He appeared to be a very pleasant, level headed and fine human being as you say. Unlike you of course, who appears to be an attention seeking waste of space of a human being, who insults the memory of such a fine young man by trying to use him as a pawn in your quest to discredit the manager, players and club generally at every opportunity.
    This In bucketloads , I fear Wolff is a bit of a sociopath and I worry for him .

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    This In bucketloads , I fear Wolff is a bit of a sociopath and I worry for him .
    O my.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    If this isn't a load of cock goble, I don’t know what is.. The two do not go hand in hand, which is pretty much the point..