+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 'Moment of Silence' at all Premier League games next week

'Moment of Silence' at all Premier League games next week

The Premier League have announced 'a moment of silent reflection' for Emiliano Sala and Dave Ibbotson at all EPL games next week.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...iano-Sala.html

They also say they will 'continue to support our friends at Cardiff City Football Club at this incredibly sad time'.

I wonder what support they have offered? I think the club have behaved superbly, but the only thing I have heard about relating to the EPL is their refusal to relax the transfer window deadline for Cardiff after this tragedy.

Re: 'Moment of Silence' at all Premier League games next week

I'm guessing this would have happened with or without EPL support.

Regarding this;
    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    They also say they will 'continue to support our friends at Cardiff City Football Club at this incredibly sad time'.
    We are judged by our deeds not by our words.

I wonder what support they have offered? I think the club have behaved superbly, but the only thing I have heard about relating to the EPL is their refusal to relax the transfer window deadline for Cardiff after this tragedy.
    Ken Choo speaking to Sky Sports this evening: "I just want to say, the Premier League and Arsenal have been incredibly supportive of our club and this situation."

The Premier League have announced 'a moment of silent reflection' for Emiliano Sala and Dave Ibbotson at all EPL games next week.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...iano-Sala.html

As tough as it seems, I don’t think the rules should be relaxed for us.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    As tough as it seems, I don’t think the rules should be relaxed for us.
    Relaxing the rules for one club alone would be likely to cause all sorts of problems, regardless of the circumstances. Besides which, any transfer made after 31st January would almost certainly require the football association of another country to bend their rules as well. With so much money at stake in the game these days, it's just not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Relaxing the rules for one club alone would be likely to cause all sorts of problems, regardless of the circumstances. Besides which, any transfer made after 31st January would almost certainly require the football association of another country to bend their rules as well. With so much money at stake in the game these days, it's just not going to happen.
    But what we can hope for is players sticking to their word when they give the manager the "100% I'm coming" message. I.e. Clyne.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    But what we can hope for is players sticking to their word when they give the manager the "100% I'm coming" message. I.e. Clyne.
    Did Clyne say that?

Ken Choo speaking to Sky Sports this evening: "I just want to say, the Premier League and Arsenal have been incredibly supportive of our club and this situation."
    Yes I saw that. I assume that relates to the tribute the club are planing for Emiliano Sala at the Emirates and at the CCS on 2nd Feb - and that the EPL as well as Arsenal would have to agree and work with Cardiff to make it happen.

It was a genuine question though. I wonder what support (apart from the tributes) the EPL have offered our club - what experience or resources they could provide. I never expected any flexibility on the January window deadline and can see the problems it would create, but that was the only reference I had heard when I made the OP that had anything to do with the EPL.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Did Clyne say that?
    According to Warnock, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    According to Warnock, yes.
    I don’t believe Warnock ever said that. He claimed Liverpool had promised him the player and said he was disappointed the player hadn’t phoned him when he moved to Bournemouth, but I don’t think he ever said anything about Clyne himself promising to come to Cardiff.

Relaxing the rules for one club alone would be likely to cause all sorts of problems, regardless of the circumstances.
    People say this but I just don't see what the problem is. You just allow one club to sign one striker. Let the club approach who they are interested in and let the players club and it's corresponding FA decide whether or not it can accommodate the request.

It's no skin off the EPL or FA's back to allow one club a one off approach to which ever club it may be. Nobody is obliged to accept but they could easily open the restrictions under specific conditions.

I don't see why people, especially our own fans, think it has to be so cut and dry. I can't think of any reasons off the top of my head at least. Loan signings go on in other leagues outside the window. I don't think it's ever caused the chaos people are talking about.

You could even put it to the other clubs in Premier League to decide.

It's just daft and unreasonable.

I don’t believe Warnock ever said that. He claimed Liverpool had promised him the player and said he was disappointed the player hadn’t phoned him when he moved to Bournemouth, but I don’t think he ever said anything about Clyne himself promising to come to Cardiff.
    Clyne did tell Warnock he was happy join us. Problem was, he was even happier to join Bournemouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Clyne did tell Warnock he was happy join us.
    Does that equate to ‘100% I’m coming’ as suggested earlier in the thread?

They could let us have another english loan until the end of the season though ,i can't see that being unpalatable to the Premier league in these unprecedented circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Clyne did tell Warnock he was happy join us. Problem was, he was even happier to join Bournemouth.
    I read it was Clyne’s Mrs didn’t want to come to Cardiff,she has obviously never been?

Sala's sister (and maybe other members of the family) will be private guests of Cardiff City at the Emirates on Tuesday. The club seem to be exemplary in the way they have handled this tragedy so far. Ken Choo impresses me more and more.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...-down-13907626

The search for the Argentine striker has been called off but his sister Romina has been in south Wales this week

Emiliano Sala's sister Romina broke down in tears as she visited the Cardiff City Stadium on Friday.

Tributes have been left at the home of the Premier League club after the plane carrying their £15m striker went missing on Monday.

Guernsey Police confirmed on Thursday that they had ended the search for Sala and pilot David Ibbotson with the chance of survival "very slim".

Sala's family have pleaded for officials to continue the search with the likes of Lionel Messi and Sergio Aguero following suit alongside fans from across the world.

Romina travelled to Cardiff this week and on Friday visited the hundreds of floral tributes, shirts and messages that have been left at the stadium.

She broke down in tears and had to be consoled as she stood next to the tributes in a heart wrenching moment.

Cardiff staff also paid their own tribute as they were led to the area by chief executive Ken Choo.

Speaking on Friday, Choo said: "It has been a tough couple of days and we still hope the search mission can continue and we can locate Emiliano.

"After the news the search has been called off yesterday, I think it’s right for the staff and all of us to lay some flower and make some prayers for his safe return.

"The mood is really sombre. I was at the training ground today as well as yesterday and the day before. It’s pretty flat and there is not much activity. Everybody keeps watching the news and praying and hoping for the best.

"We are taking this day by day because it’s not something we can plan. We just have to go with what the family wants to do next and hold their hand every step of the way.

"If they wish to make a trip to Guernsey or wherever they wish, then we will facilitate that. We have given them a plan on where we see things going and we have invited them to the Arsenal game which they will be at privately.

"We have extended the invitation to our next home game. They are as much our family as they are his."