+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pilot's status as a private licence-holder only, now the focus...

Pilot's status as a private licence-holder only, now the focus...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/827384...pilot-licence/

...couple this with someone else's post about David Henderson being on the tarmac at Nantes just before take-off and wondering whether there was a switch of pilots at the last minute.

David Henderson was apparently much more experienced with this type of aircraft and may also have had a commercial licence. It was his name reported as the pilot in early reports of the missing flight.

Re: Pilot's status as a private licence-holder only, now the focus...

The sorrow has now past, I guess the scum think its now time to find someone to blame

I've read enough here to make me think this tragedy should never have been allowed to happened.

https://www.pprune.org/accidents-clo...-island-1.html

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    The sorrow has now past, I guess the scum think its now time to find someone to blame
    I despise The Sun but other media outlets are also highlighting what seem to be a number of matters of concern regarding this tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I've read enough here to make me think this tragedy should never have been allowed to happened.

https://www.pprune.org/accidents-clo...-island-1.html
    I must have read over a hundred posts on that website. It's eye-opening.

Dave Henderson was not there. He has stated that and the French outlet that originally said he was based upon him previously flying this plane has withdrawn that statement. As have the sun and other UK papers who also at one point reported it.

However... he might be the plane owner as he seems to have a lot to do with the plane in the past. It’s also not yet confirmed who flew the plane to France, was it this pilot and was Sala on it that time. I suspect it was and he was

The private pilots license used on a US registered plane is not uncommon for ‘commercial’ flights is a long-standing and very poor loophole.

The reason the agent who organised it did not mention paying for the flight etc and put a story in the mail newspaper in the last few days is ‘probably’ to distance from the commercial arrangement and any charges that could be implied

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Dave Henderson was not there. He has stated that and the French outlet that originally said he was based upon him previously flying this plane has withdrawn that statement. As have the sun and other UK papers who also at one point reported it.

However... he might be the plane owner as he seems to have a lot to do with the plane in the past. It’s also not yet confirmed who flew the plane to France, was it this pilot and was Sala on it that time. I suspect it was and he was

The private pilots license used on a US registered plane is not uncommon for ‘commercial’ flights is a long-standing and very poor loophole.

The reason the agent who organised it did not mention paying for the flight etc and put a story in the mail newspaper in the last few days is ‘probably’ to distance from the commercial arrangement and any charges that could be implied
    Out of a sense of decency most posters have resisted the temptation to speculate about the possible contributory causes as to why the tragedy happened but I think it inevitable that things will change in the coming days when mourning turns into anger - and especially regarding one particular facet of this very sad affair. However, I won't break ranks on that subject myself at this juncture.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I must have read over a hundred posts on that website. It's eye-opening.
    Agreed, I read that thread and, although to my non expert eyes, there were some contributions from people who did not know as much about the subject as they thought they did, there was also a definite overall sentiment coming through from a group of people that, despite my earlier comment, know more about the subject than the media hacks who have been bombarding us with stuff in the last few days.

Its not about someone to blame its about accountability.
    The safety of everyone concerned including any search and rescue persons who also out themselves at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by fred keenor View Post
    Its not about someone to blame its about accountability.
    The safety of everyone concerned including any search and rescue persons who also out themselves at risk.
    Do you think the members of this board are well placed to seek out that accountability? Or do you think they are speculating over rumours and half-understood theories?

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Do you think the members of this board are well placed to seek out that accountability? Or do you think they are speculating over rumours and half-understood theories?
    You'd like to think there will be a proper investigation into this, and if any good can come of it, I hope there is a tightening up of rules so it doesn't happen again. With regards accountability, I agree and I'll wait for the authorities to deliver their verdict as at best we're getting half a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post

it is worse than " not uncommon " its fairly common, the pilot cannot take a direct payment for the flight

I mentioned this is another post at the start of this sorry episode but i deleted it as i didnt think was acceptable at the time

a client of mine is a BA snr pilot, as this started to unfold i texted him ( he was in Rio ) he replied that the plane type are made in the US and are great for city hopping in the US, if anything happens you can normally ditch on a small space, the planes should stay in the US, it should never have been used to do Sala's flight, never in a million years

I have a fairly good understanding of the conditions and what events that may have occured, and also the wider implications, but I will be keeping it to myself and waiting for the conclusion of the official investigations. As Bob stated above, the pilots forum discussion has some variable content, but if you are ok at processing data there is a lot of information in there.

I have a fairly good understanding of the conditions and what events that may have occured
    Of course you do.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Its news reporting.
    If the pilot had the wrong licence THAT'S NEWS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Of course you do.
    A pilot was in the exact same area an hour before and he reported the weather conditions. Furthermore, experienced pilots have been through everything that could have possibly gone wrong with this type of plane model, and what was more likely given the sequence of events. For example there was no mayday call, which would go against there being a controlled descent and an orderly ditching.

A pilot was in the exact same area an hour before and he reported the weather conditions. Furthermore, experienced pilots have been through everything that could have possibly gone wrong with this type of plane model, and what was more likely given the sequence of events. For example there was no mayday call, which would go against there being a controlled descent and an orderly ditching.
    Maybe you could present your findings to the AAIB. It would save them a fortune.

You’re just making assumptions from reading that pilots site but like RFG alluded to , you would save the AIB a considerable amount of time if you just sent them the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/827384...pilot-licence/

...couple this with someone else's post about David Henderson being on the tarmac at Nantes just before take-off and wondering whether there was a switch of pilots at the last minute.

David Henderson was apparently much more experienced with this type of aircraft and may also have had a commercial licence. It was his name reported as the pilot in early reports of the missing flight.
    I lent myself bus pass to some one sought of thing

Maybe you could present your findings to the AAIB. It would save them a fortune.
    You seem surprised that people can apply logic to assembled information.

Assembled assumptions. You have added 2 and 2 and come up with 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Assembled assumptions. You have added 2 and 2 and come up with 16.
    I haven't added any new information to the data that has already been assembled by a group of knowledgeable people. I've simply applied deductive reasoning to reach my conclusion.

So no point to an investigation then?

So no point to an investigation then?
    That is a false equivalence.

I haven't added any new information to the data that has already been assembled by a group of knowledgeable people. I've simply applied deductive reasoning to reach my conclusion.
    TBF they may know as much about planes as us lot on here know about running a football club.