+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pilot's status as a private licence-holder only, now the focus...

Re: Pilot's status as a private licence-holder only, now the focus...

So here's my take (after poring over all the available data for at least five minutes):

Dodgy pilot + dodgy aircraft + dodgy weather = accident waiting to happen.

Good luck with recovering the £15m.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I haven't added any new information to the data that has already been assembled by a group of knowledgeable people. I've simply applied deductive reasoning to reach my conclusion.
    2 days ago the press had announced the wrong pilots name ffs.

I haven't added any new information to the data that has already been assembled by a group of knowledgeable people. I've simply applied deductive reasoning to reach my conclusion.
    Deductive reasoning . Right. It's a messageboard. The people on here supposedly know a lot about football and there's an awful lot of tripe on here. We were going to have an investigation but Pilot45445 in Buckinghamshire has analysed internet reports and has concluded all of the facts himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Deductive reasoning . Right. It's a messageboard. The people on here supposedly know a lot about football and there's an awful lot of tripe on here. We were going to have an investigation but Pilot45445 in Buckinghamshire has analysed internet reports and has concluded all of the facts himself.

That is a false equivalence.
    Not really. You've used all the assembled information and reached a conclusion. What's the point in all that time and money in repeating the exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    2 days ago the press had announced the wrong pilots name ffs.
    I didn't source any info from the press!

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Not really. You've used all the assembled information and reached a conclusion. What's the point in all that time and money in repeating the exercise.
    Obviously legal jurisdiction and enforcement power, plus the authority to modify existing laws.

Obviously legal jurisdiction and enforcement power, plus the authority to modify existing laws.
    Woosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If you lack the ability to evaluate information then that's your problem.

As regards the second pilot it would appear from today's Daily Mail

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-10-HOURS.html

that Henderson's passport (the second pilot) was scanned at Nantes, the original flight plan filed in his name and Sala, Ibbotson and Henderson all passed through security at the same time. Henderson denies being there, refuses to answer questions and has deleted his facebook account. Furthermore his explanation is somewhat lame saying security must have made a mistake. These are factual matters that have yet to be fully explained but on the face of it must give rise to speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    As regards the second pilot it would appear from today's Daily Mail

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-10-HOURS.html

that Henderson's passport (the second pilot) was scanned at Nantes, the original flight plan filed in his name and Sala, Ibbotson and Henderson all passed through security at the same time. Henderson denies being there, refuses to answer questions and has deleted his facebook account. Furthermore his explanation is somewhat lame saying security must have made a mistake. These are factual matters that have yet to be fully explained but on the face of it must give rise to speculation.
    speculation is putting it mildly...

None of those things are part of an investigation. They are post-investigation. You've done that for them. Get on the phone.

None of those things are part of an investigation. They are post-investigation. You've done that for them. Get on the phone.
    Now you are trivialising things.

Now you are trivialising things.
    I just think it's shameful that all that work you've put it might be wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    He should be on CCTV if he was there.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The same paper that is also running a story saying the plane is at the bottom of a 600ft trench. Clearly lots of evidence for that

I stated another pilot had provided a weather report from the same area an hour earlier indicating icing conditions were present, and that no mayday call was sent, which would cast some doubt on whether a smooth decent and successful sea landing occured. You and your sidekick on the other hand have spent the whole time trying to ridicule what should be a serious discussion, without adding anything useful.

I stated another pilot had provided a weather report from the same area an hour earlier indicating icing conditions were present, and that no mayday call was sent, which would cast some doubt on whether a smooth decent and successful sea landing occured. You and your sidekick on the other hand have spent the whole time trying to ridicule what should be a serious discussion, without adding anything useful.
    How can you prove the veracity of that information?

With all due respect you have jumped to your conclusion based on unverified information that people have posted on a message board.

If I created an account on airportreceptions.com and said I was at the airport and saw the plane was fine and the weather was ok but the pilot was pissed would you believe that?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    How can you prove the veracity of that information?

With all due respect you have jumped to your conclusion based on unverified information that people have posted on a message board.

If I created an account on airportreceptions.com and said I was at the airport and saw the plane was fine and the weather was ok but the pilot was pissed would you believe that?
    Are you saying Jersey air traffic control are releasing unvarified information?

Are you saying Jersey air traffic control are releasing unvarified information?
    No I'm suggesting that you claim to be well versed in this tragedy by reading tweets and message board posts.

It does not make you an expert witness.

We are all speculating. The only people that will be fully holding the facts will be the investigation team when they have completed their work.

No I'm suggesting that you claim to be well versed in this tragedy by reading tweets and message board posts.

It does not make you an expert witness.

We are all speculating. The only people that will be fully holding the facts will be the investigation team when they have completed their work.
    You don't have to be an expert witness to read statements from the local air traffic control, it was established very early on that there was no mayday call from the pilot when the plane disappeared from the radar at 2300ft. This is 100% fact.

You don't have to be an expert witness to read statements from the local air traffic control, it was established very early on that there was no mayday call from the pilot when the plane disappeared from the radar at 2300ft. This is 100% fact.
    But you said you have a good knowledge of the conditions and the events that have occurred and their wider implications.

You weren't there, you have no first hand knowledge and are not even working off hearsay. It appears that your assumptions are based off message board speculation.

But you said you have a good knowledge of the conditions and the events that have occurred and their wider implications.

You weren't there, you have no first hand knowledge and are not even working off hearsay. It appears that your assumptions are based off message board speculation.
    If icing wasn't the reason for the pilot requesting a descent from 5,000ft to 2,300ft, what else could it have been?

If icing wasn't the reason for the pilot requesting a descent from 5,000ft to 2,300ft, what else could it have been?
    He was scared of heights?