+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is NW okay ??

Is NW okay ??

Neil's is very quiet, hope he's okay.

Re: Is NW okay ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Neil's is very quiet, hope he's okay.
    BBC report has Ken Choo saying he is quite distressed and went home early to his family today.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    BBC report has Ken Choo saying he is quite distressed and went home early to his family today.
    I'm not suprised for all his rants I think he has a big heart this will be hurting the man , in my humble opinion, as you get older, stuff like this somehow effects you ,than in your younger years.

I think this will be the end of NW's career. After his previous family illnesses with Mrs W, and now this, it's enough to turn anyone's head. He's 70, doesn't need to work financially so I wouldn't be surprised to see him pack it all in come the end of the season, if not sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    I think this will be the end of NW's career. After his previous family illnesses with Mrs W, and now this, it's enough to turn anyone's head. He's 70, doesn't need to work financially so I wouldn't be surprised to see him pack it all in come the end of the season, if not sooner.
    I can't a imagine him wanting to do another transfer window. But the guy loves the game so you never know.

I'd love for when he does retire from management to be offered a role at the club, think we have lacked proper football people behind the scenes at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I can't a imagine him wanting to do another transfer window. But the guy loves the game so you never know.

I'd love for when he does retire from management to be offered a role at the club, think we have lacked proper football people behind the scenes at times.
    Yes his knowledge and experience is enormous , and something we lack .

What awful circumstances for NW. As if his job wasn’t tough enough. Life is cruel.

NW would’ve seen everything football has had to throw at him but not this.
    If he’s gone to seek solace from his family then that’s good.
    He will have a stiff upper lip with the players I imagine and not give anything away but he wears his heart on his sleeve and I imagine he’s absolutely devastated to see a young man like Sala lost.

Warnock is a tough cookie but this is enough to break anyone, I’m sure he’ll carry on to the end of the season but think he might just say enough is enough and go home and nobody could ever judge him

Wouldn't it wonderful if we delivered a result on Tuesday in Sala's name .

I can only speak for myself but I'd run myself into the ground on the night in his memory .

I had already commented a few weeks ago on another thread that I wondered if this would be his last season , unfortunately this week’s events have strengthened that opinion.
    If we stay up after all this it will be his greatest achievement !

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'm not suprised for all his rants I think he has a big heart this will be hurting the man , in my humble opinion, as you get older, stuff like this somehow effects you ,than in your younger years.
    It certainly does. As the years go by they have a tendency to whittle away at your strength and resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    If you don’t like it you know where the ignore button is.

He must have met him twice tops
    Ffs. Why would he retire?

I’m sorry but this whole who’s hurting the most nonsense is really nauseating.
    Neil Warnock was involved in the whole sequence of events leading up to the tragedy, the ‘what ifs’ & ‘buts’ must be very tormenting. I have a mate who was involved in a lorry accident over 20 years ago, he was a passenger but should have been behind the wheel, the sequence of events on that fateful day led to his mate offering to drive, the driver died, my mate survived. It torments him to this day. We can’t change fate but by the same token we can’t change the notion that we could have. Have some compassion man, Neil Warnock must be torn to shreds as everyone involved in the lead up must be.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Neil Warnock was involved in the whole sequence of events leading up to the tragedy, the ‘what ifs’ & ‘buts’ must be very tormenting. I have a mate who was involved in a lorry accident over 20 years ago, he was a passenger but should have been behind the wheel, the sequence of events on that fateful day led to his mate offering to drive, the driver died, my mate survived. It torments him to this day. We can’t change fate but by the same token we can’t change the notion that we could have. Have some compassion man, Neil Warnock must be torn to shreds as everyone involved in the lead up must be.
    No he wasn’t. He wasn’t involved in the arranging of the plane. If he had been then understandable. He has nothing to feel guilty about.

Sala wanted to go back to France and he arranged it all with nothing to do with the NW or the club.

Sadly, had he gone with the clubs offer of catching a commercial flight then he would still be here today and tragedy avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    No he wasn’t. He wasn’t involved in the arranging of the plane. If he had been then understandable. He has nothing to feel guilty about.

Sala wanted to go back to France and he arranged it all with nothing to do with the NW or the club.
    I have some sympathy with your views on the overall reaction to the Emiliano Sala story. Tragic although it is, some of the stuff I've read on this and other message boards this week has been laughable, cringeworthy and downright embarrassing. However, I think you've got this one wrong.

Neil Warnock has been showing the strain in recent weeks. He said during one of his press conferences that he believed this would probably be his last January transfer window and the Sala situation will only have strengthened that belief. I have it on good authority (my partner, who was on the same flight) that Warnock was at Cardiff Airport last Friday to meet Sala when he arrived for his medical. I also think I'm right in saying the the manager flew directly to Nantes with Mehmet Dalman a couple of weeks ago to watch Sala in action, and I've got little doubt he was either on the same plane or a very similar one.

Those things have got to be playing on his mind. Warnock has always been a hands-on type of manager where his players are concerned, so I'm sure this tragedy has hit him very hard. He must be thinking over and over again how he and the club could have done things differently. He'll know far more about the situation than you or I. It'll be a terrible time for him and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he brought forward his retirement, which I'm sure is inevitable in a few months anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I have some sympathy with your views on the overall reaction to the Emiliano Sala story. Tragic although it is, some of the stuff I've read on this and other message boards this week has been laughable, cringeworthy and downright embarrassing. However, I think you've got this one wrong.

Neil Warnock has been showing the strain in recent weeks. He said during one of his press conferences that he believed this would probably be his last January transfer window and the Sala situation will only have strengthened that belief. I have it on good authority (my partner, who was on the same flight) that Warnock was at Cardiff Airport last Friday to meet Sala when he arrived for his medical. I also think I'm right in saying the the manager flew directly to Nantes with Mehmet Dalman a couple of weeks ago to watch Sala in action, and I've got little doubt he was either on the same plane or a very similar one.

Those things have got to be playing on his mind. Warnock has always been a hands-on type of manager where his players are concerned, so I'm sure this tragedy has hit him very hard. He must be thinking over and over again how he and the club could have done things differently. He'll know far more about the situation than you or I. It'll be a terrible time for him and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he brought forward his retirement, which I'm sure is inevitable in a few months anyway.
    Warnock must be going through hell.I have already posted that I would not be surprised if he called it a day now and quite frankly I would not blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Fair enough. When you put it like that then I understand where Warnock might be coming from.

I just hope NW doesn’t feel personally guilty because all he is guilty of is trying to bring him to CCFC to improve a football team.

I’m probably a little cold to it all because I just can’t get my head around the over reaction by some on here, and Twitter, who are behaving like they’ve lost a child, sibling or parent when in reality it’s a stranger who they hadn’t even heard of a month ago.

If that makes me a sociopath then so be it

Best thing you can all do is let people deal with it in their own way and not judge or try to second guess how someone must be feeling.

This is a horrible tragedy and individuals all handle it in their own way.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Top post SP 😉👍

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That's really nice, isn't it? Why do you think that you can say something like to him? Because his view isn't populist? Correct me if i'm wrong, but show me where he has got as personal as you have in any of his posts.
    I'm with tuerto on this.
    And I Tend to side with Mr Hartley about all the faux angst and wringing of hands too. It can be seriously OTT at trmes.
    No one had ever met him or knew anything aboutr him in reality. |He could have been J Saville before he was exposed for all they knew. When I pointed out that if it had been an 86 years old man who a poster had known all his life no one would have cared a jot. I was deemed to be offensive but it is still true today as it was then

Don't misunderstand me, I am shaken and stunned by these events but if that plane had been flying my next door neighbour home no one would care and someone would be applying for his job in the morning.

Enough is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I'm with tuerto on this.
    And I Tend to side with Mr Hartley about all the faux angst and wringing of hands too. It can be seriously OTT at trmes.
    No one had ever met him or knew anything aboutr him in reality. |He could have been J Saville before he was exposed for all they knew. When I pointed out that if it had been an 86 years old man who a poster had known all his life no one would have cared a jot. I was deemed to be offensive but it is still true today as it was then

Don't misunderstand me, I am shaken and stunned by these events but if that plane had been flying my next door neighbour home no one would care and someone would be applying for his job in the morning.

Enough is enough.
    This. Just been reading through a couple of threads and just couldn’t believe what I was reading. I don’t always agree with polo especially the ole thread but he’s been unfairly treated in this this thread and for all the people who are giving it the big one that he’s biting have got him wrong he loves arguing

I'm with tuerto on this.

Enough is enough.
    I’m sure if your next door neighbour had signed to play for us and was tragically killed on his way to his first training session with us, it would have had the same coveridge.

International

I'm with tuerto on this.

Enough is enough.
    There is a huge chunk of my original post gone missing from this so I am reposting it with the missing part in RED in order to give more clarity to my comment,

And I Tend to side with Mr Hartley about all the faux angst and wringing of hands too. It can be seriously OTT at times.
    It reminds me of an occasion on here some years ago when a celebrity died and there was such an outpouring of grief and anguish on here that was completely disproportionate.
    No one had ever met him/her or new anything about him/her in reality. |He could have been another J Saville before he was exposed for all they knew. When I pointed out that if it had been an 86 years old man who a poster had known all his life no one would have cared a jot I was deemed to be offensive. I was rebuked for my comment by MM.
    But it is still true today as it was then.

Enough is enough.

I'm with tuerto on this.

Enough is enough.
    In this thread, Hartley has had his Mental Health, parenting, Character and Happiness questioned, as well as someone referring to him as an alcoholic. He hasn't been abusive at all. For the record, i don't agree with his thoughts on Warnock, although that doesn't mean that i feel the need to personally abuse him-Bringing another posters kids into an argument is a disgrace-It's certainly quite at odds with the empathy and concern that has been on display over the last few days.