+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is NW okay ??

Re: Is NW okay ??

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Bieslas not doing a bad job at Leeds is he
    I mentioned this the other week but like you said it’s as if we’re a non league side thrown in to the premier league

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Did you not see the job poch done at Southampton? People who claim pep or any world class manager would struggle are just kidding themselves
    Pochettino is obviously an excellent manager now at Spurs who are a rich club but Southampton are not Cardiff City - they were already in the Premier League when he took over. They had the backing of a rich owner who had spent money in the summer before Pochettini arrived (£40m). He spent another £40m on four players after he arrived. They finished 14th the season he arrived and 8th the following season. People who think Guardiola or Pochettino would do as well at a club like ours are just kidding themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Why do you think it is that the boards and owners at established Premier League clubs have never given him a job?
    Probably because of pre-existing prejudices against him, like the ones you are exhibiting - it doesnt mean he couldnt do it though does it.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Probably because of pre-existing prejudices against him, like the ones you are exhibiting - it doesnt mean he couldnt do it though does it.
    Ah, right, so everyone is prejudiced against Neil Warnock, including the owners of Premier League clubs. That has nothing to do with the style of play his teams have generally produced over the years or his record at Premier League level. It's just they don't like him.

I wonder how you'd feel about him is he wasn't Cardiff City's manager?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Did you not see the job poch done at Southampton? People who claim pep or any world class manager would struggle are just kidding themselves
    Did you see the job Pep did in his first year at Man City? Pep has never previously or since had to manage with full-backs are old and/or limited as he did that year and if he didn't have the resources to replace them, as we wouldn't have if in a similar position, then his second year at Man City would have been interesting.

It's been an incredibly difficult January really for the football management side of things: accusations against Bellamy, captain almost dying, struggles on the pitch, struggles to get signings in, a tragedy where authorities have said chances of positive outcome are remote....I'm sure there has been more too, but with all that going on it wouldn't surprise me if Warnock is going to question how much longer he'll be involved in football this summer. Hopefully the rest of our season helps him decide after a positive chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Did you see the job Pep did in his first year at Man City? Pep has never previously or since had to manage with full-backs are old and/or limited as he did that year and if he didn't have the resources to replace them, as we wouldn't have if in a similar position, then his second year at Man City would have been interesting.

It's been an incredibly difficult January really for the football management side of things: accusations against Bellamy, captain almost dying, struggles on the pitch, struggles to get signings in, a tragedy where authorities have said chances of positive outcome are remote....I'm sure there has been more too, but with all that going on it wouldn't surprise me if Warnock is going to question how much longer he'll be involved in football this summer. Hopefully the rest of our season helps him decide after a positive chapter.
    Good post again.

Add to that some disappointing results and a load of injuries and January has been a catalogue of catastrophies, bad luck and disasters.

Personally I just hope he hasn’t lost his passion for the game over what has happened as he’s been brilliant for this club and deserves to finish on a better note than this.

Without him driving us forward then the season on the pitch will most likely get worse and worse.
    I fear for us on Tuesday

If that makes me a sociopath then so be it
    Not a sociopath just cynical.

What happened came as a shock and the ensuing events just increased the sense of loss.

I didn't cry or anything, but I did feel gutted. Just things like seeing his photo posted with those lads outside the ground. The way it happened. His age.

"Grief", on which ever level we are talking is not something that can be logically evaluated and rationalised. Going by your summation people would only feel something for family members and close friends. It's equally as strange to grade things like this as it is to go overboard.

I also feel that the heightened sense of grief might be accentuated due to the focus of the media and the presence of family members. It'd be pretty rough for his family (who are in Cardiff) if we all just said " He's a stranger. No biggie".

So ye, you are being cynical.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

It was hardly his fault Mancini and pellegrini spunked loads of money on shit, its blatantly obvious how much players have improved under him, I’m not saying he could take over Newport and have them in the champions league in the next 5 years but he would improve them no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Not a sociopath just cynical.

What happened came as a shock and the ensuing events just increased the sense of loss.

I didn't cry or anything, but I did feel gutted. Just things like seeing his photo posted with those lads outside the ground. The way it happened. His age.

"Grief", on which ever level we are talking is not something that can be logically evaluated and rationalised. Going by your summation people would only feel something for family members and close friends. It's equally as strange to grade things like this as it is to go overboard.

I also feel that the heightened sense of grief might be accentuated due to the focus of the media and the presence of family members. It'd be pretty rough for his family (who are in Cardiff) if we all just said " He's a stranger. No biggie".

So ye, you are being cynical.
    I don’t think it’s cynical to suggest people who have never met this person, and never heard of him a month ago, are being totally irrational when they are coming out with stuff like “I will never, ever get over this” or that “My heart is broken in two and I will never forget you until the day I die”.

You think that’s normal behaviour? And anyone who doesn’t is being cynical?

International

I don’t think it’s cynical to suggest people who have never met this person, and never heard of him a month ago, are being totally irrational when they are coming out with stuff like “I will never, ever get over this” or that “My heart is broken in two and I will never forget you until the day I die”.

^^ this.
    As I said, whilst it was a shock, a lot of this faux grieving is totally OTT

I think that some people react in the way you describe because they feel that they have to. There does seem to be a lack of emotional intelligence when awful things like this happen, most people aren't like it, but it isn't really worth articulating that you don't really feel anything apart from sympathy for the victims family, and maybe a moment of reflection.

I was shocked when i heard the news, because it was shocking, but it didn't upset me because i have never built a relationship with Sala, i don't know him, we've never shared anything. Maybe there are a number of reasons why people feel that they need to express themselves in such an emotive manner, maybe it's to do with other things that have happened in their life-i don't really know-What is slightly disturbing is the anger aimed towards those who question the reasoning of those who decide to make public their feelings. Some people were on here constantly relaying how they felt during the tragic events, i don't quite understand that behaviour. Does tragedy give people a common bond, especially those who are isolated or who may be struggling? I don't know, It's all very sad on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think that some people react in the way you describe because they feel that they have to. There does seem to be a lack of emotional intelligence when awful things like this happen, most people aren't like it, but it isn't really worth articulating that you don't really feel anything apart from sympathy for the victims family, and maybe a moment of reflection.

I was shocked when i heard the news, because it was shocking, but it didn't upset me because i have never built a relationship with Sala, i don't know him, we've never shared anything. Maybe there are a number of reasons why people feel that they need to express themselves in such an emotive manner, maybe it's to do with other things that have happened in their life-i don't really know-What is slightly disturbing is the anger aimed towards those who question the reasoning of those who decide to make public their feelings. Some people were on here constantly relaying how they felt during the tragic events, i don't quite understand that behaviour. Does tragedy give people a common bond, especially those who are isolated or who may be struggling? I don't know, It's all very sad on so many levels.
    You say others lack emotional intelligence.

Then you go straight on to talk about how as you personally didnt have a connection with sala and you've never shared anything with him- you can't understand how others are feeling and it didn't upset you at all.

Maybe those who were feeling sad weren't only thinking about themselves and how it affected them personally?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    The OP was simply

"Neil's is very quiet, hope he's okay."

I think it was fairly clear what that was referring to. It was others (some of whom proudly no longer even support the club ao what it has to do with them i do not know) who then used it as an excuse to talk about his throwaway brexit comments or criticise his previous premier league record!

Neil is on record on saying him.and his wife both read these forums. Hope he realises the comments from some in this thread and in other threads are in no way representative of the fans of the club- he will see that next Tuesday and Saturday anyway of course but just for the time being.....
    Totally agree with you FD 👍

You say others lack emotional intelligence.

Then you go straight on to talk about how as you personally didnt have a connection with sala and you've never shared anything with him- you can't understand how others are feeling and it didn't upset you at all.

Maybe those who were feeling sad weren't only thinking about themselves and how it affected them personally?
    Are you saying that i don't possess Emotional intelligence, i don't understand-Sorry. I have no idea what people were thinking, i just find it a little strange when people feel the need to broadcast in quite strong terms how they have been affected by events that have very little to do with them, and will not impact their life. Like i said, i was shocked and i did reflect for a minute or two, but couldn't feel any form of grief because of the reasons i pointed out in my original post.

Surely best just to accept that people deal with sensitive things like this differently and leave it at that.

TBH I feel like I shouldn’t even be posting this as it should just be left to everyone to deal with this awful tragedy in their own way without being questioned or any need to justify it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Surely best just to accept that people deal with sensitive things like this differently and leave it at that.

TBH I feel like I shouldn’t even be posting this as it should just be left to everyone to deal with this awful tragedy in their own way without being questioned or any need to justify it.
    Fair enough, although that should work both ways. It's ok to examine peoples behaviour on both sides of the argument, as long as it's civil. I'm not telling people they were wrong, i'm saying that i don't understand it.

Unfortunately, it seems there are plenty of people who believe everyone should react exactly as they do, and if they come across anyone who doesn’t do that they start dishing out abuse, which is more than a little ironic under the circumstances.

Fair enough, although that should work both ways. It's ok to examine peoples behaviour on both sides of the argument, as long as it's civil. I'm not telling people they were wrong, i'm saying that i don't understand it.
    That’s fair enough. You said you didn’t understand it as you personally had no connection with sala so you weren’t upset.

I was just saying not everybody needs a personal connection with someone to be upset by something, especially something as shockingly tragic and ‘close to home’ as this.

Of course he will get stick from time to time. I crticised him myself after both the clyne and brexit comments.

However all that seems like ancient history now, and i really dont know why people would want to bring any of that into this thread. That clearly was not what the thread was started for.

Especially as the one thing we do know for sure is warnock had to go home early this week to spend time with his family as all this had hit him hard. Just doesnt feel ‘on’ to be using a thread hoping he is well to talk about any managerial shortcomings he may have.
    It’s a football message board on the internet. It’s here primarily for people to exchange opinions about the football club, its players and its management. Discussions like the one in this thread are completely normal on such forums.

To be honest, I reckon Neil Warnock has had more than enough to deal with this week. I very much doubt he’s had the time or the inclination to read this message board, and if he has I’m confident that nothing he’ll have read will have upset him on account of the fact that none of it has been in the least bit offensive.

That’s fair enough. You said you didn’t understand it as you personally had no connection with sala so you weren’t upset.

I was just saying not everybody needs a personal connection with someone to be upset by something, especially something as shockingly tragic and ‘close to home’ as this.
    Respect your views, i was talking about the incredibly emotive posts where people brought it right back to themselves. I find that slightly disturbing. I can understand those people who were upset for a brief amount of time, or shocked, but the over extenuation and life comparisons does seem a bit indulgent and self centred. That's my opinion, i don't want to have a row with anyone!

They have a point but I think sometimes there is a slightly 'hipster' tone to some posts about how people are over-reacting. Just making sure that everybody doesn't forget that we are amongst posters who think differently to the crowd. I don't want to argue the point it's just an impression I get sometimes.

I’ve always found you a decent guy and the post wasn’t aimed at you in particular.

I was just finding the whole debate a bit distasteful and pointless.

It started off with concern over Warnock, which I think is well founded and has taken quite a strange twist.

Personally having met him a few times I find him engaging and full of spirit, but this has got to be difficult for him to take as he’s also come across as a down to earth, intelligent and caring person with a big heart ( contrary to the way the press paint him).

I really hope that he can at least find the energy to see the season out.

With some of the nonsense he’s been coming out with lately maybe it’s a good thing

I wouldn't be surprised if he announced his retirement before the end of the season. He always fronts-up with interviews, no matter what, but hasn't given any comment, even indirectly, to the press recently. He must be going through torment over this whole situation and instead of being heartless a little sympathy, compassion and understanding wouldn't go amiss.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    They have a point but I think sometimes there is a slightly 'hipster' tone to some posts about how people are over-reacting. Just making sure that everybody doesn't forget that we are amongst posters who think differently to the crowd. I don't want to argue the point it's just an impression I get sometimes.
    I think it comes across like this as it’s always been in response to others and how they are feeling.

Like I haven’t seen anybody actually start a thread to say they aren’t upset about what happened to sala. But in replies to people who are upset- this is exactly what some people have said and done. To show the contrast perhaps like you say.

I’ve always found you a decent guy and the post wasn’t aimed at you in particular.

I was just finding the whole debate a bit distasteful and pointless.

It started off with concern over Warnock, which I think is well founded and has taken quite a strange twist.

Personally having met him a few times I find him engaging and full of spirit, but this has got to be difficult for him to take as he’s also come across as a down to earth, intelligent and caring person with a big heart ( contrary to the way the press paint him).

I really hope that he can at least find the energy to see the season out.