+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Email exchanges about flight between Sala and Jack McKay

International

Re: Email exchanges about flight between Sala and Jack McKay

On another point, they said these were e-mails but the sky reporter clearly said they were whatsapp messages.
    If one of the phones involved in those exchanges is lost what is to prevent the owner of the other deleting messages in the thread that don not suit his/her agenda?
    Just asking?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The police are not involved because at this point there is no Criminal investigation going on. Merely fact finding to determine the cause of the accident and the events surrounding it.
    If any criminal act or negligence is uncovered then of course they would get involved.
    Computers emails, bank records, phone records etc can also be obtained by court order but that can only happen if and when anything goes to court.

On the subject of bank accounts, the pilot's may show incoming monies which might demonstrate he was paid for flying, perhaps not in this case but in the past on other flights, which could then show that as he was illegally [paid in the past there is a good chance this was the same. The facts might be "Similar but unconnected" and not good enough for a criminal case but could be used in a civil action as the balance of probabilities.
    That’s highly solicitor of you. I’m no detective, but dosent every investigation start with suspicion?
    I would say a few documents and lap tops should be taken care of before they go missing..

International

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    That’s highly solicitor of you. I’m no detective, but dosent every investigation start with suspicion?
    I would say a few documents and lap tops should be taken care of before they go missing..
    I'm with you on wanting it, but wanting it and being legally entitled to do it are two different things unfortunately.

I'm with you on wanting it, but wanting it and being legally entitled to do it are two different things unfortunately.
    I don’t know your laws. But I know in my country those documents would be safe the minute information of an agent, using a commercial company regularly, and the pilot. Flying a round trip like that without a commercial Licence. And I’m not surprised if it is the top of the ice berg.

Probably not the time for a witch hunt. I understand in these circumstances people need someone to blame but sometimes there is no one person, more of a collection of unfortunate incidents.

From what I understand there is nothing illegal about the flight, certainly not yet disclosed to the public.

Think this one will go on for years, almost impossible to know what went wrong and why without the aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Maybe im being unfair and city have some absolute gems of late developers on their books in the mckay twins.

However the evidence above gives me a gut feeling there has been something odd about both of their movements over the years. I maybe missing something like i say (and accept i haven't seen either play) but there is absolutely nothing in their records that make me think they were both worth giving 2 and a half year professional contracts at the age of 21.
    A professional contract means nothing. Both of them could be on £100 a week or less for all we know. They were probably taken on because of their potential, to see if we could develop them. Dont see anything odd about that. They must have had potential when they were younger but could have lost their way, which is a quite common occurance.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    A professional contract means nothing. Both of them could be on £100 a week or less for all we know. They were probably taken on because of their potential, to see if we could develop them. Dont see anything odd about that. They must have had potential when they were younger but could have lost their way, which is a quite common occurance.
    Call me cynical but I don’t believe that for a second

I read somewhere that without proper digital forensic examination, this messages can not be used to speculate. So until the digital forensics have done their work, I understand it’s best left behind. Specially since speculating can not be used as digital forensic evidence in a court of law.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    Why haven't the Police haven't seized any computers, phones or paperwork? Something stinks here.
    On what grounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    Bizarre isn't it.
    No. It's not a criminal investigation. Why would they be involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    On what grounds?
    Something stinks!

The police are not involved because at this point there is no Criminal investigation going on. Merely fact finding to determine the cause of the accident and the events surrounding it.
    If any criminal act or negligence is uncovered then of course they would get involved.
    Computers emails, bank records, phone records etc can also be obtained by court order but that can only happen if and when anything goes to court.

On the subject of bank accounts, the pilot's may show incoming monies which might demonstrate he was paid for flying, perhaps not in this case but in the past on other flights, which could then show that as he was illegally [paid in the past there is a good chance this was the same. The facts might be "Similar but unconnected" and not good enough for a criminal case but could be used in a civil action as the balance of probabilities.
    The initial investigation will be conducted by the Air Accident Investigation Branch (AAIB). There will be no police involvement until an allegation of criminality is made. Booking a flight on a plane is not criminal, However, if someone booked a flight knowing a plane wasn't suitable and that the pilot wasn't qualified, that may indicate negligence at a criminal level, which would then trigger a police investigation. As the plane seems to have come down near the Channel Islands, I would assume any investigation would be conducted by The Sates Of Guernsey Police.

My first comment on this tragedy that has actually had me feeling guilty and I am just a stupid fan that lives in Jersey.

I had a PPL. Private pilots licence.

Pilots regularly fly without pay to keep their hours up. If you don’t fly enough hours you lose your licence. Their fuel money expense is covered by their passengers it’s a win win thing that all private pilots do and understand.

Did the pilot have IMC rating. Instrument meteorological conditions licence.

One licence is VFR only. In laymans terms you fly in clear skies only.

You can even fly at night with a VFR and night rating.

Flying VFR is relatively easy.
    Flying IMC is difficult and requires permanent concentration. .

Something stinks!
    There is nothing in law that allows them to seize computers, emails, texts etc just because someone thinks "something stinks".

There is nothing in law that allows them to seize computers, emails, texts etc just because someone thinks "something stinks".
    Thought that was the very basis of sucspision.

Thought that was the very basis of sucspision.
    Then misunderstand how a criminal investigation works.

Then misunderstand how a criminal investigation works.
    Every time i watched Colombo, it started with sucspicion. Maybe i dont.

Every time i watched Colombo, it started with sucspicion. Maybe i dont.
    I hate to tell you this, but Columbo was a fairy tale. I bet you think all murderers break down and admit the whole story when someone says "You did it! I know you did!" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    My first comment on this tragedy that has actually had me feeling guilty and I am just a stupid fan that lives in Jersey.

I had a PPL. Private pilots licence.

Pilots regularly fly without pay to keep their hours up. If you don’t fly enough hours you lose your licence. Their fuel money expense is covered by their passengers it’s a win win thing that all private pilots do and understand.

Did the pilot have IMC rating. Instrument meteorological conditions licence.

One licence is VFR only. In laymans terms you fly in clear skies only.

You can even fly at night with a VFR and night rating.

Flying VFR is relatively easy.
    Flying IMC is difficult and requires permanent concentration. .
    Correct. Can easily imagine the pilot was offered and expenses paid trip to Nantes and took it up . In those circumstances may well have felt obligated to fly that evening. Ultimately however, whether the pilot had the correct rating or not, he shouldn't have flown in that plane in those conditions..

I hate to tell you this, but Columbo was a fairy tale. I bet you think all murderers break down and admit the whole story when someone says "You did it! I know you did!" as well.
    Yes. I have heard that happens from time to time. Not trough either? Here I’ve been going arround thinking investigatostarted with sucspicion and murderes confessing. Silly me!

And a comment on the liferaft.

Learning to fly in Jersey you were recommended to get the heavy liferaft from the back of the plane to the seat behind you in case you need it.
    Flying in Jersey or any Channel Island you are always over water so it becomes second nature. If you are likely to ditch which in good conditions is relatively straightforward you are taught to remove a shoe and use it to wedge the plane door open closing the door on the shoe holding it closed as you ditch. This is to ensure the door doesn’t crumple closed on impact. This is all 100% genuine stuff.

Imagine where the liferaft might have been if Sala had a lot of personal luggage he was bringing.

It’s simply terrifying.
    I just hope the pilot was fully qualified. The pilot is in charge. He decides if it is safe to fly.

As a bare mimium at this time of year , with sea temperatures as they are they should have been wearing full immersion suits.

Even then he still shouldn’t have attempted it.

Yes we have arranged a flight for you Elimiano, you have to wear a full immersion suit whilst flying.
    Does anyone who is sane think this level of aircraft was suitable, if this conversation had taken place.

It seems that every few hours some more information (amongst misinformation and speculation) comes out about the events leading up to the tragedy.

This latest BBC report says that Mark McKee was acting for Nantes in the transfer negotiations - I previously understood he was a broker or middleman for his father's agency bringing Cardiff and Nantes together.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47013474

If that is the case, and Mark McKee made the initial arrangements for the flights (via David Henderson whose role and movements are another story) to and from Nantes, would he still be regarded as an agent for Nantes when making flight arrangements on the back of the transfer deal? I assume his relationship with Nantes ended when the contract was signed (unless he is on their payroll) but maybe not. It may explain why Cardiff has reportedly frozen payments to Nantes whilst they complete the internal club investigation.

[QUOTE=fred keenor;4945197]Yes we have arranged a flight for you Elimiano, you have to wear a full immersion suit whilst flying.
    Does anyone who is sane think this level of aircraft was suitable, if this conversation had taken place.[/QUOTE

It’s incredible that it was allowed to happen, and their now appears to be a race from those involved to be absolved from responsibility.