+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Email exchanges about flight between Sala and Jack McKay

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Email exchanges about flight between Sala and Jack McKay

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The police are not involved because at this point there is no Criminal investigation going on. Merely fact finding to determine the cause of the accident and the events surrounding it.
    If any criminal act or negligence is uncovered then of course they would get involved.
    Computers emails, bank records, phone records etc can also be obtained by court order but that can only happen if and when anything goes to court.

On the subject of bank accounts, the pilot's may show incoming monies which might demonstrate he was paid for flying, perhaps not in this case but in the past on other flights, which could then show that as he was illegally [paid in the past there is a good chance this was the same. The facts might be "Similar but unconnected" and not good enough for a criminal case but could be used in a civil action as the balance of probabilities.
    The initial investigation will be conducted by the Air Accident Investigation Branch (AAIB). There will be no police involvement until an allegation of criminality is made. Booking a flight on a plane is not criminal, However, if someone booked a flight knowing a plane wasn't suitable and that the pilot wasn't qualified, that may indicate negligence at a criminal level, which would then trigger a police investigation. As the plane seems to have come down near the Channel Islands, I would assume any investigation would be conducted by The Sates Of Guernsey Police.

International

Re: Email exchanges about flight between Sala and Jack McKay

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    The initial investigation will be conducted by the Air Accident Investigation Branch (AAIB). There will be no police involvement until an allegation of criminality is made. Booking a flight on a plane is not criminal, However, if someone booked a flight knowing a plane wasn't suitable and that the pilot wasn't qualified, that may indicate negligence at a criminal level, which would then trigger a police investigation. As the plane seems to have come down near the Channel Islands, I would assume any investigation would be conducted by The Sates Of Guernsey Police.
    I thoug
    ht that was basically what I said.