+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cardiff consider legal action over the Emiliano Sala plane disaster as they face £14m loss

Re: Cardiff consider legal action over the Emiliano Sala plane disaster as they face £14m loss

I would have thought the salary is no longer payable if he’s deceased.
    Otherwise we would just pay players £10m up front for 3 years work whether they turn up or not.
    Can’t see that happening somehow.

Re: Cardiff consider legal action over the Emiliano Sala plane disaster as they face £14m loss

Paying a deceased players salary does seem odd but football contracts are so skewed in favour of players nothing would surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Paying a deceased players salary does seem odd but football contracts are so skewed in favour of players nothing would surprise me.
    The problem is, presumed dead and legally declared dead are two different things.

The people paying out, insurance companies, etc. have only one vested interest and that's to pay out as little as they legally get away with. If there's a small print loophole they'll find it.

They are not personally involved with Sala, his family, Nantes or even Cardiff City.

They are faceless and will do their best to minimise their costs, which in turn increases ours.

I feel that over the fullness of time, there may be some legal changes, policies, procedures and best practices are likely to change in so many of the areas that we've seen bad practices, negligence and complacency.

Sadly to Sala's loss there may be a tranche of changes for the better. Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    My employment contract pays a lump sum to Mrs Monk and a small pension if I die whilst employed by them.

..bet she loves being called mrs monk

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ..bet she loves being called mrs monk
    Don't tell her.