+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OGS

OGS

Always said the club were too hasty in getting rid of him 7 games into the new season.

If Slade could lead us to mid table I think once Ole got his big money signings settled we could have easily made the play offs.

Re: OGS

Well he's certainly got his multi million pound team playing , who let's be fair dont need much coaching , just guidance and motivation.

Like a lot of top managers their okay in high value clubs with massive support structures and finances, where they fail is at clubs with little to offer, its then down to the real world of man management, squeezing something out of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Well he's certainly got his multi million pound team playing , who let's be fair dont need much coaching , just guidance and motivation.

Like a lot of top managers their okay in high value clubs with massive support structures and finances, where they fail is at clubs with little to offer, its then down to the real world of man management, squeezing something out of nothing.
    Didn’t he build up a new team like three times at Molde? Think he sold players somewhere arround 20 millions. Which is insane at that little club! And at the same time they beat Sevilla, fenerbache, celtic, Ajax and Zenit in Europa League? I would call that squeezing something out of nothing. Actually, if that’s true, I think you will struggle finding anything like it in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Yes, it’s all down to the players, the same players who Jose couldn’t get a tune out of for the last 12 months. Nothing to do with OGS man management.

He’s making Pogba look like the world class player he is, Martial finally looks a top player, one that raised eyebrows when signed for 50m a few years ago, and Marcus Rashford, when played in his right position, looks like he could be the next big thing, but hey, nothing to do with man management.

Neil Warnock could have man managed them better no doubt 🤪

Ole deserves credit for the way Manu are playing and their results imo. But if you do so then I think he also has accountability for helping us finish bottom. We can’t just rewrite history to conclude he’s always been a good manager whatever the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Ole deserves credit for the way Manu are playing and their results imo. But if you do so then I think he also has accountability for helping us finish bottom. We can’t just rewrite history to conclude he’s always been a good manager whatever the circumstances.
    BULL. SHIT.

We were torpedoing to the bottom of the league at a massive rate of knots before he come in.

Nick Knowles couldn’t even salvage us.

He should have been given more time in the championship NQAT

Next people will be saying Robbie Fowler should have had more time with us because he was good when he was a youngster at Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Next people will be saying Robbie Fowler should have had more time with us because he was good when he was a youngster at Liverpool.
    So you think it sensible building and invest in a new squad under a manager, abandon it after seven games, and bring in ****ing Slade? 👀
    Looking at it, I think that resembles more to your example.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Here he comes mun. My own personal little Barry George

Don’t shoot, Barry😘

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    So you think it sensible building and invest in a new squad under a manager, abandon it after seven games, and bring in ****ing Slade? 👀
    Russell ****ing Slade 😩😩😩

He was going to be our new Wenger 🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    BULL. SHIT.

We were torpedoing to the bottom of the league at a massive rate of knots before he come in.

Nick Knowles couldn’t even salvage us.

He should have been given more time in the championship NQAT
    So at the very best he showed no ability to improve us. And arguably made us worse. But he’s not accountable in any way.

I know you feel this is a topic you’ll get bites from but I’ve given my pennethworth.

Funny how lots now seem to be saying ole should have been kept by us.

I didnt see any of those posts in 2015, 2016, 2017 or 2018. Sure people can send me some threads of people saying this though?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    So at the very best he showed no ability to improve us. And arguably made us worse. But he’s not accountable in any way.

I know you feel this is a topic you’ll get bites from but I’ve given my pennethworth.
    Nothing to do with bites Pooh bear.

He was given a war chest in the summer and should have been backed for more than 7 games.

Tan expected to be walking the league but the championship and bedding in a load of new signings doesn’t work like that,

If Captain ****wit could get us to 12th then one does wonder what OGS could have done if they had let him get on with it with the likes of Guerra and Burgstaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

I didnt see any of those posts in 2015, 2016, 2017 or 2018. Sure people can send me some threads of people saying this though?
    Was posting in Bluebirds forum then but the forum now sadly deceases to exist thanks to Tannis Abraham’s.

2015 and 2016. Such a great time in our history with Captain Slade at the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    So you think it sensible building and invest in a new squad under a manager, abandon it after seven games, and bring in ****ing Slade? ��
    No I don't think it was sensible. Ole should have been sacked at the end of the previous season.

He’s got a £75m player and a £95m player playing better than before and now he’s a messiah.

He was a joke here. I would not trust him signing new players and hope he does get the Utd job so they’ll plummet.

2015 and 2016. Such a great time in our history with Captain Slade at the wheel.
    Maybe. But most people blamed ole at least partly for that. It was clear what the club needed to do to save us from going straight down again and the club collapsing.

There certainty were not big calls for him to return. And in 2017/18 during our promotion season nobody was posting saying ole should never have been sacked.

All im saying is this has been sparked by his 8 games at man u, and absolutely has not been a consistent view point. Its people rewriting history to try and prove they were right.

If ole wins the champions league 5 times with united there will be loads of people claiming they had always said ole should have been given more time at city- when in reality had he not come back from molde nobody would have mentioned him again.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    He’s got a £75m player and a £95m player playing better than before and now he’s a messiah.

He was a joke here. I would not trust him signing new players and hope he does get the Utd job so they’ll plummet.
    Hahaha

One of the cretins waiting in the wings for him to lose his first game no doubt.

Win 8, 9, 10 in a row but as soon as he loses his first game you will be on here like a Pound Stretcher Graeme Souness claiming he’s not up to it.

Maybe. But most people blamed ole at least partly for that. It was clear what the club needed to do to save us from going straight down again and the club collapsing.

There certainty were not big calls for him to return. And in 2017/18 during our promotion season nobody was posting saying ole should never have been sacked.

All im saying is this has been sparked by his 8 games at man u, and absolutely has not been a consistent view point. Its people rewriting history to try and prove they were right.

If ole wins the champions league 5 times with united there will be loads of people claiming they had always said ole should have been given more time at city- when in reality had he not come back from molde nobody would have mentioned him again.
    Straight down again??? We were 14th when Slade come in ffs

Straight down again??? We were 14th when Slade come in ffs
    And 17th when ole was sacked. But the performances were more worrying.

What i mean is the club had so many players to move out asap to save the club from collapsing and it did need someone like slade to see us through that short period.

That's not to say ole wont go.on to be a world xlass manager at man u but he was the wrong man for us at that time.

What i mean is the club had so many players to move out asap to save the club from collapsing and it did need someone like slade to see us through that short period.

That's not to say ole wont go.on to be a world xlass manager at man u but he was the wrong man for us at that time.
    Yea we had too many players but save the club from collapsing???

Most of the players moved out were brought in that January or the summer??!?’

Tan, getting a load of shit because of the rebrand, and expecting to be walking the league because he threw some money at it, pressed the panic button.

There was absolutely no way we were going down.

By the time Slade come on we had won half of our games ffs!!!

Where they? We lost a few games early, to teams going into the playoffs. Draw against wolves and Blackburn if i remember correctly. Seven games in, it’s time to pull the panic button? He should been given to Christmas. At the very least, bring another manager in. Not a teacher prentending to be a manager.

Hahaha

One of the cretins waiting in the wings for him to lose his first game no doubt.

Win 8, 9, 10 in a row but as soon as he loses his first game you will be on here like a Pound Stretcher Graeme Souness claiming he’s not up to it.
    I actually don’t want him to fail. I think all Cardiff fans like Ole as a person but looking at just Cardiff City stint he is not a good manager

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I actually don’t want him to fail. I think all Cardiff fans like Ole as a person but looking at just Cardiff City stint he is not a good manager
    His stints with Molde and Man U says otherwise.

By your logic Warnock isn’t a good manager because his record on the Prem is ****ing dog shite