+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OGS

Re: OGS

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    Where they? We lost a few games early, to teams going into the playoffs. Draw against wolves and Blackburn if i remember correctly. Seven games in, it’s time to pull the panic button? He should been given to Christmas. At the very least, bring another manager in. Not a teacher prentending to be a manager.
    Yes 7 point in first 3 games then a hudson injury time own goal to lose at wolves. Not a bad start to the season actually.

However the norwich and boro home games were then shambolic. It was more of a sign of what was decided off the field i think.

My point remains though that this is only being discussed because of his 8 wins at man u and wouldn't have been discussed otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    His stints with Molde and Man U says otherwise.

By your logic Warnock isn’t a good manager because his record on the Prem is ****ing dog shite
    To be man united manager i think ole would be much better than warnock.

To be manager of cardiff after trollope, or Rotherham at the bottom of the championship, warnock was better than ole would have been.

It depends on the circumstances of the club i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Yes 7 point in first 3 games then a hudson injury time own goal to lose at wolves. Not a bad start to the season actually.

However the norwich and boro home games were then shambolic. It was more of a sign of what was decided off the field i think.

My point remains though that this is only being discussed because of his 8 wins at man u and wouldn't have been discussed otherwise.
    I have not seen Cardiff play anything near as good as we did first half against Norwich since. It collapsed, yes. But I do wish we could have built on that.

Off course it’s the only reason it’s being discussed.
    He was called a clown. Tactical inept and so on. He just did Poch and Emery on tactics. So maybe a few of you had it down wrong? 🤔

I have not seen Cardiff play anything near as good as we did first half against Norwich since. It collapsed, yes. But I do wish we could have built on that.

Off course it’s the only reason it’s being discussed.
    He was called a clown. Tactical inept and so on. He just did Poch and Emery on tactics. So maybe a few of you had it down wrong? 🤔
    Ah so it is an opportunity to say i told you so!

I get the point though as you are right there are lots of people waiting for them to draw a game and they will be on here saying they were always right about him being rubbish.

Would have to look at what people were actually saying at the time really. Also even if he wasnt good for us that doesn't mean he won't be good for man u.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Ah so it is an opportunity to say i told you so!

I get the point though as you are right there are lots of people waiting for them to draw a game and they will be on here saying they were always right about him being rubbish.

Would have to look at what people were actually saying at the time really. Also even if he wasnt good for us that doesn't mean he won't be good for man u.
    I told you so all the way. But he has a long way to go. If anything I think he has them overachieving 😉

Unfortunately for us OGS didn't come with Mike Phelan as assistant manager!

He wasnt just in charge here for 7 games though was he. He was brought in to save us from relegation and failed abysmally. He was in charge for 30 games and we won 9 and lost 16 of these - a win ratio of only 30% - enough to get most managers sacked. We were bottom three of the championship when he was sacked and playing like a bunch of strangers. Most of the players he signed were useless - Eikram, Berget, Cala, Macheda, Dickacoi, Le Fondre, Zaha etc etc. Burgstaller and Guerra hardly looked world beaters either. Some people are just trying to rewrite history, probably because they are closet Man Utd fans.

Always said the club were too hasty in getting rid of him 7 games into the new season...
    I have always said this, you could hardly count the second half of the PL season!

[QUOTE=J R Hartley;4945015]Always said the club were too hasty in getting rid of him 7 games into the new season.

If Slade could lead us to mid table I think once Ole got his big money signings settled we could have easily made the play offs.[/QUOTE.
    Even after 8 straight wins, I think you’ll find the majority of Man Utd fans, the ones that actually go to games, and not closet fans like yourself, don’t want him getting the job permanently. That in itself speaks volumes.

[QUOTE=William Treseder;4945110]
    Always said the club were too hasty in getting rid of him 7 games into the new season.

If Slade could lead us to mid table I think once Ole got his big money signings settled we could have easily made the play offs.[/QUOTE.
    Even after 8 straight wins, I think you’ll find the majority of Man Utd fans, the ones that actually go to games, and not closet fans like yourself, don’t want him getting the job permanently. That in itself speaks volumes.
    How did you come to that conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Always said the club were too hasty in getting rid of him 7 games into the new season.

If Slade could lead us to mid table I think once Ole got his big money signings settled we could have easily made the play offs.
    WRONG!

Their core fan base, their away following, want him to be given the job now.

From what I can see it’s the only the delusional African twitter followers, or Charles from Surrey, who want Poch rather than OGS.

OGS was, and is, an absolute legend at Man U. These 8 wins have in no certain terms put him in the frame for the job permanently

Stick to selling flowers kiddo

WRONG!

Their core fan base, their away following, want him to be given the job now.

From what I can see it’s the only the delusional African twitter followers, or Charles from Surrey, who want Poch rather than OGS.

OGS was, and is, an absolute legend at Man U. These 8 wins have in no certain terms put him in the frame for the job permanently

Stick to selling flowers kiddo
    Well if your information is correct, and you appear to know quite a lot about Man U, for a Cardiff City fan, then he should be a shoe in for the job.
    Think your gonna be disappointed. Stick to the fly fishing son.

[QUOTE=Wolff;4945111]
    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post

How did you come to that conclusion?
    Guess work. Like you.

[QUOTE=William Treseder;4945120]
    Guess work. Like you.
    I don’t do guess work. I do research, and guess my way from there 😂

He might be a good manager but he was god awful at signing players which was our downfall. If we gave him more time he still would've been stuck with that motley crew he brought in. Just look at the huge list he brought in and where the majority of the players are playing today. At Man Utd he just has to focus on the team he already has which is already good enough to finish in the top 5. Hopefully for man utd supporters if they do give him the keys he won't have full autonomy over transfers, but at that level the transfer market is vastly different than at a club like ours