+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sala Search - GoFundMe page - Search back on after €300,000 raised

Sala Search - GoFundMe page - Search back on after €300,000 raised

Re: Sala Search - GoFundMe page

Adrien Rabiot has donated 25,000 euro

Quote Originally Posted by Super Roger Gibbins View Post
    Adrien Rabiot has donated 25,000 euro
    Good on him hopefully some other footballer can stump up some substantial amounts to get it done asap.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Good on him hopefully some other footballer can stump up some substantial amounts to get it done asap.
    I’ve no doubt some very well known Argentinians will.....

I wonder how much a day of searching would cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I wonder how much a day of searching would cost.
    Someone posted about a charity which does searching and took part in the search and I'm sure it said on their website about 160k a year to keep going. I suppose it depends on resources uses.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Someone posted about a charity which does searching and took part in the search and I'm sure it said on their website about 160k a year to keep going. I suppose it depends on resources uses.
    https://www.ci-airsearch.com/

I’ve chosen not to make a single post about since the news broke - everyone does their own thing.

I know if I was connected to the events personally I’d want closure.

If somebody (Beef or Blue Matt I guess) would be willing to collect funds to make a collective donation on behalf of CCMB I’ll willingly send money via paypal.

Would do it as an individual but for some reason it feels appropriate to be part of a body of people who would have written about his contributions on the field in the months ahead (good and bad no doubt).

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...earch-15729722

Search has resumed. Hopefully they can find some trace of the boys or the plane.

Serious questions may need to be asked if the private search is successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Are you being serious? Your comment is So disrespectful to the original search team.
    Do you think for one minute they did it half arsed?

Wow, I've stayed away from becoming embroiled in any of these threads but I have to strongly disagree with you on your comments. Both CIAS & the RNLI are run by volunteers and funded by donations. These people have given up their time and risked their lives in their efforts. Having lived on the Isle of Man for some years and having relatives involved in the Manx equivalent, I know that given the resources available, the people involved will have given 100% in order to find any trace of the plane. The probability is that a private search will have more funding, resources and professionals available.

International

I know a young men who went missing some while ago. I'm sure he's still alive. Do you think all these people with their own commitments will subscribe to a fund raiser to search for him?

If it cost £250K a year Messi could fund it himself or 10 years without blinking. He called for the search to go on let him do it. He doesn't need my hard earned shekel.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I know a young men who went missing some while ago. I'm sure he's still alive. Do you think all these people with their own commitments will subscribe to a fund raiser to search for him?

If it cost £250K a year Messi could fund it himself or 10 years without blinking. He called for the search to go on let him do it. He doesn't need my hard earned shekel.
    Nobody’s asked you to contribute, have they?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Nobody’s asked you to contribute, have they?
    There are a lot of weird feckers on this message board.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    There are a lot of weird feckers on this message board.
    Yup, and you're one of them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Yup, and you're one of them!!!
    My Daddy is bigger than your Daddy na na na naa na.

What do you want? A volunteer to lose their life whilst looking for Sala and the pilot? Will that be a thorough enough search for you?

It’s not a cosy game of hide and seek, its like looking for a needle in a hay stack in dangerous and life threatening conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    What do you want? A volunteer to lose their life whilst looking for Sala and the pilot? Will that be a thorough enough search for you?

It’s not a cosy game of hide and seek, its like looking for a needle in a hay stack in dangerous and life threatening conditions.
    I agree.

Sad to say it, but the only possible reason I can see for sending out another search party would be for closure on this terrible tragedy. If they'd have been picked up by anyone at all, we would have known by now. If they'd managed to get to some rocks, which have all been searched as far as I'm aware, there's no way they'd still be alive, same if they were to find a life raft.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Wow, I've stayed away from becoming embroiled in any of these threads but I have to strongly disagree with you on your comments. Both CIAS & the RNLI are run by volunteers and funded by donations. These people have given up their time and risked their lives in their efforts. Having lived on the Isle of Man for some years and having relatives involved in the Manx equivalent, I know that given the resources available, the people involved will have given 100% in order to find any trace of the plane. The probability is that a private search will have more funding, resources and professionals available.
    Top post that is all i can say

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I agree.

Sad to say it, but the only possible reason I can see for sending out another search party would be for closure on this terrible tragedy. If they'd have been picked up by anyone at all, we would have known by now. If they'd managed to get to some rocks, which have all been searched as far as I'm aware, there's no way they'd still be alive, same if they were to find a life raft.
    I can understand the family wanting closure. That’s the worst part until they find a body, or part of it.

However I think Cardiff fans on Twitter abusing and demanding the Guernsey Police and rescue services continue the search should keep their noses out of it.

It said on the Millwall v Everton game earlier that they were going to wear black arm bands but the family requested that they did not do this because they have not been confirmed dead.

I can understand the family wanting closure. That’s the worst part until they find a body, or part of it.

However I think Cardiff fans on Twitter abusing and demanding the Guernsey Police and rescue services continue the search should keep their noses out of it.
    Absolutely. In all of this, the wishes of the families of Sala and the pilot take total precedence.

Re: Sala Search - GoFundMe page - Search back on after €300,000 raised

https://twitter.com/davidlmearns/sta...282074112?s=21

Check this out. Anyone questioning the actions of the rescue services need to realise exactly what they have been up against.

Look how dangerous that sea looks.

Easy for people to say the search must continue from the warmth and safety of their home.

I hope no-one else loses their life as a result of this search.

Re: Sala Search - GoFundMe page - Search back on after €300,000 raised

https://twitter.com/davidlmearns/sta...282074112?s=21

Check this out. Anyone questioning the actions of the rescue services need to realise exactly what they have been up against.

Look how dangerous that sea looks.

Easy for people to say the search must continue from the warmth and safety of their home.

I hope no-one else loses their life as a result of this search.
    Maybe these people would like to volunteer themselves but I very much doubt it, they done an amazing job over 3 days but unfortunately nothing was found and chances are they may never be found