+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well done County.

Re: Well done County.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    I used to watch County with my father in the 60's/70's occasionally when City were away and have always wanted them to do well. I then went to watcb them a couple of times when they got back in the League and was surprised to read regular references in their programme to 'our biggest rivals down the road' which was sheer delusion considering where we have usually been in relation to each other status-wise.
    I also went to see them once last season and they were one of the most manic hostile crowds I'd been in.
    Same here matey. In the 70s when City were playing away, my dad occasionally took me to Somerton park to watch Cewnty play.I know a lot of their 'fans' hate us, but it's only the chavvie retarded types that I have come across that do. I can't get wound up by their 3rd city, small town attitude. I guess they are still my 2nd team although I haven't been to watch them play for forty years

City fans must have made up a fair percentage of the crowd back then my dad used to take me to all the evening kick offs back in the late sixties early seventies,remember Len Hill who l used to think was the luckiest bloke in the world footballer in the winter cricketer in the summer and they had a centre forward think is name was willie Brown great days and was never aware of any hatred for the city in those days

I used to jump on a number 30 on many occasions late 60s/early70s if I couldn’t get to a City game away. Never had a problem, rivalry between us & them never occurred to me.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I used to jump on a number 30 on many occasions late 60s/early70s if I couldn’t get to a City game away. Never had a problem, rivalry between us & them never occurred to me.
    Yes and me , used to get on at the Bluebell stop ,also went used to go to the to see the Speedway (Crumpy Neil Street Reider Eide ,Steve Gresham ,Bob Coles.)

man city at home if they can get past boro in replay

nice few quid in the kitty for them

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    One season, then we went up.
    Then we played them a few times in division 4 before we went up again and they went bust.

Personally I’d like to see us work with them more with loan players etc.. benefit both clubs.

Hereford and the Bristol clubs are/ we’re bigger rivals to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    man city at home if they can get past boro in replay

nice few quid in the kitty for them
    In other words, Boro put out a full strength side, win the replay comfortably so they get the gate receipts.

Somerton Park April '83 had to go in the home end. We lost 0-1, Tynan or Aldridge! My first experience of being in a hostile anti-City crowd.

I'm another who used to alternate City & Cewnty games in the 70s/80s.

Never viewed them as rivals, more annoying little brother.

Bristol City will forever be our rivals (for my generation)

Excellent result yet again by County in the cup.