+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bangor v Caernarfon in Welsh cup on s4c now

Re: Bangor v Caernarfon in Welsh cup on s4c now

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    Same level as Merthyr although l think Merthyr would win Welsh prem
    Current Merthyr side? Can’t agree with that sorry, but it’s about the same level overall but with a handfull of players at a much higher level.

I know Merthyr were talking about joining the welsh premier league last year. Wonder if they will? With the money available for European qualification (£200k minimum I believe but much more with champions league games) it could make financial sense for them to do so. Was a long article written by a Merthyr fan as to why they should.

Crowds would likely go up aswell, a game v Barry would probably get over a thousand I’d say.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Current Merthyr side? Can’t agree with that sorry, but it’s about the same level overall but with a handfull of players at a much higher level.

I know Merthyr were talking about joining the welsh premier league last year. Wonder if they will? With the money available for European qualification (£200k minimum I believe but much more with champions league games) it could make financial sense for them to do so. Was a long article written by a Merthyr fan as to why they should.

Crowds would likely go up aswell, a game v Barry would probably get over a thousand I’d say.
    http://dialmformerthyr.blogspot.com/...irman-mao.html

This is the article that got all the attention last summer. Case even stronger now I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    http://dialmformerthyr.blogspot.com/...irman-mao.html

This is the article that got all the attention last summer. Case even stronger now I think.
    Watch Merthyr every so often. Although the question is being asked the appetite for trying to join the Welsh League doesn't appear to be there. The majority of supporters/trust owners are happy where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Watch Merthyr every so often. Although the question is being asked the appetite for trying to join the Welsh League doesn't appear to be there. The majority of supporters/trust owners are happy where they are.
    I can understand merthyrs reluctance to place any trust or faith in the FAW also.

The FAW tried to kill Barry and Llanelli off completely only 5 years ago and it took the high court intervening to save them and allow them to reform at the bottom.

Plus you look at what they have done to teams like Bangor who they relegated after they came 2nd last year and I doubt Merthyr would expect many favours if they were to look to join up.

Lots of crowd trouble, heard they gave 1,200 tickets to away fans, Saturday night kick off was madness, fighting in the streets even before the game, there was trouble between these two just a few years ago with flares and pitch invasions, there needs to be better planning if they meet again [if being the operative word the state that famous old club Bangor City are in - I hope they get over their problems and wish them all the best in the future].