+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Millwall v Everton trouble

Millwall v Everton trouble

Back to the 70s. (Or maybe Millwall never left them)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47018231

Re: Millwall v Everton trouble

There was trouble at Shrewsbury v wolves as well in the wolves end, my friend is a wolves fan and posted video on Facebook, looked scary stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Back to the 70s. (Or maybe Millwall never left them)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47018231
    Friendly banter ?

I think the video in that page is a great advert for bringing cavalry back into the armed forces. Or maybe they just didn't want it enough.

Didn't Millwall win the Family club of the Year award recently?

So embarrassing

Surely in this day and age, these arseholes can be identified or a good majority of them can be. You just treat them like kids then, by getting them to attend classes every time their team plays home or away to do some colouring in. If they don’t show up, warrant for arrest, then clink. Football hooliganism has always been based on and relied on safety in numbers.
    Last edited by William Treseder; 27-01-19 at 11:16. Reason: Grammer

Millwall and the people of the area surrounding the football club are a different breed altogether. Even the women!

On the one video theres a woman from the flats above who can clearly be heard screaming for the Millwall lads to get stuck into them.

I seen another young girl, maybe 18/19, on twitter tweeting how she had just stepped out of the house to police lights both directions and Millwall fans in balaclavas chasing Everton fans. I was expecting her to say she was scared or disgusted but no, she was “absolutely buzzing” 😳

There’s a video circulating of chanting inside the ground yesterday “I’d rather be a **** than a Scouse”

And one of the worst videos I’ve seen on YouTube a toddler, no older than 3, in a car, being encouraged by his family to chant “Millwall, **** em all” and then at the end shouts “**** off you black cunts” to roaring laughter from the adults. What chance has that kid got.

It’s almost like they all take extreme pride in the reputation they have. The people of the area not just the hooligans.

They are a different species.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Millwall and the people of the area surrounding the football club are a different breed altogether. Even the women!

On the one video theres a woman from the flats above who can clearly be heard screaming for the Millwall lads to get stuck into them.

I seen another young girl, maybe 18/19, on twitter tweeting how she had just stepped out of the house to police lights both directions and Millwall fans in balaclavas chasing Everton fans. I was expecting her to say she was scared or disgusted but no, she was “absolutely buzzing” 😳

There’s a video circulating of chanting inside the ground yesterday “I’d rather be a **** than a Scouse”

And one of the worst videos I’ve seen on YouTube a toddler, no older than 3, in a car, being encouraged by his family to chant “Millwall, **** em all” and then at the end shouts “**** off you black cunts” to roaring laughter from the adults.

It’s almost like they all take extreme pride in the reputation they have. The people of the area not just the hooligans.

They are a different species.
    That part of the world seems to be like the land that time forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    That part of the world seems to be like the land that time forgot.
    You can try and snazz it up with regeneration and calling the area Surrey Quays but it dont change a thing with the attitudes that are engrained in the locals.

You can try and snazz it up with regeneration and calling the area Surrey Quays but it dont change a thing with the attitudes that are engrained in the locals.
    The club itself has got to take a bit of blame for allowing some of the racist chanting.

The club itself has got to take a bit of blame for allowing some of the racist chanting.
    Absolutely. I’m all for them using the Millwall v the rest of the world attitude to their advantage but to have hundred or so people chanting that there is something quite fundamentally wrong with club allowing that. It wasn’t like it was one or two singing, the whole section was!

Harris manages on the very edge and I sometimes thinks he crosses that line whipping the fans up.

How many of that lot go to Millwall games throughout the year or do they just turn up on the big occasion to make trouble? There's probably cross-over between the two groups and they're the ones who should feel most embarrassed and Millwall should be most embarrassed by, the rest are just criminals trying to ruin the day.

Has everyone forgotten Chelsea V Cardiff? February 13, 2010?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Has everyone forgotten Chelsea V Cardiff? February 13, 2010?
    And your point is caller?
    Hooligans of any club are total arseholes.
    If it wasn’t for them poisoning Football in the 70’s/80’s, then 96 Liverpool fans would still be alive today.

And your point is caller?
    Hooligans of any club are total arseholes.
    If it wasn’t for them poisoning Football in the 70’s/80’s, then 96 Liverpool fans would still be alive today.
    I thought Hillsborough was caused by negligence?

Heysel on the other hand was caused by hooliganism.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I thought Hillsborough was caused by negligence?

Heysel on the other hand was caused by hooliganism.
    Why wete the fences erected? If they weren’t there, nobody would have died that day.

Why wete the fences erected? If they weren’t there, nobody would have died that day.
    I'm not suggesting the fences were not a factor, nor that hooliganism played a role for the fences being put up. What I am suggesting that poor event and crowd management were to blame a prominent role in the Hillsborough tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I'm not suggesting the fences were not a factor, nor that hooliganism played a role for the fences being put up. What I am suggesting that poor event and crowd management were to blame a prominent role in the Hillsborough tragedy.
    You are correct. On the fateful day, it was police negligence that was the cause of so many deaths. My point is, if it wasn’t for the hooligan element at the time, those fences wouldnt have been there, so imo, the hooligans of all clubs around that period, also have blood on their hands. This never gets brought up though.

Did anyone see the Everton fan who got his face slashed on Twitter?

He’s been offered free plastic surgery but seems to be getting a load of grief because he went looking for trouble.

Surely even if you’re stupid enough to go looking for a fight you aren’t expecting to get stabbed?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Did anyone see the Everton fan who got his face slashed on Twitter?

He’s been offered free plastic surgery but seems to be getting a load of grief because he went looking for trouble.

Surely even if you’re stupid enough to go looking for a fight you aren’t expecting to get stabbed?
    No you don’t deserve to get slashed in the face but he was hardly an innocent bystander. He was one of the first to break through the ranks for Everton and ran straight into them.

What did tickle me was other hooligans were saying to stop showing his face on social media you’re doing the polices job for them and the guy tweeting 2 pictures of his own, one under his own Facebook account .

You are correct. On the fateful day, it was police negligence that was the cause of so many deaths. My point is, if it wasn’t for the hooligan element at the time, those fences wouldnt have been there, so imo, the hooligans of all clubs around that period, also have blood on their hands. This never gets brought up though.
    You realise they still have fences, big ones in some cases, all over Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    You realise they still have fences, big ones in some cases, all over Europe?
    What’s that got to do with it? The fences at Hillsborough we’re put up as a direct consequence of hooliganism.

No you don’t deserve to get slashed in the face but he was hardly an innocent bystander. He was one of the first to break through the ranks for Everton and ran straight into them.

What did tickle me was other hooligans were saying to stop showing his face on social media you’re doing the polices job for them and the guy tweeting 2 pictures of his own, one under his own Facebook account .
    I’m not saying he isn’t a scum bag or an idiot

But **** the state of his scar I don’t think he deserved that.