+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Manager who nailed relationships

Manager who nailed relationships

I know folk hate him but the man nailed players and respect for those who were there for him great moment where he waited patiently for his Portugal players at the Euros to descend the stairs .

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...35649233141755

Re: Manager who nailed relationships

You do wonder how he would have handled todays modern players / superstars.

Even towards the end of his reign he had to adapt and there was talk he got out at the right time as he could see where it was heading re: player and agent power.

Certainly the greatest British manager of all time, and I doubt we will ever see another British manager be so successful in our lifetime.

Unless there’s a dramatic change in the way the big 6 operate then British managers won’t get a chance at a top club.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Even towards the end of his reign he had to adapt and there was talk he got out at the right time as he could see where it was heading re: player and agent power.

Certainly the greatest British manager of all time, and I doubt we will ever see another British manager be so successful in our lifetime.

Unless there’s a dramatic change in the way the big 6 operate then British managers won’t get a chance at a top club.
    It’s unbelievable to think he was probably one game from getting sacked all those yrs ago.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    It’s unbelievable to think he was probably one game from getting sacked all those yrs ago.
    He'd had two and a half years in the job until that point-That certainly wouldn't happen now.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Yes, your first para is probaly spot on , I think he was of his time ,now you can see how these superstar's can get you removed, ask Jose he's been chased out of three big clubs, by big ego players .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes, your first para is probaly spot on , I think he was of his time ,now you can see how these superstar's can get you removed, ask Jose he's been chased out of three big clubs, by big ego players .
    I don’t know if you can completely take the blame away from mourinho, he has to take a lot of blame for losing the dressing rooms. Especially at Chelsea after the scene he caused with the physio.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I don’t agree with that I think he’s fecked off a lot of people with his own ego, it’s odd that it keeps happening to him