+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: FT: ARSENAL 2 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: ARSENAL 2 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Not when his instinct is attacking. He's not a right back while he's got a hole in his arse.
    His international manager thinks he is mind and I reckon he could definitely make a decent wing back. That said, I think it is easy to under rate Paterson when he plays in advanced positions because, for example, he doesn't look or play like a "proper" number ten. He certainly has his limitations, as was shown by those two second half chances mentioned earlier, but I do think he is a better passer of the ball than he is given credit for and, although I'm no great fan of the idea, I'd say he was picked to play on the right because it was hoped that he would win a lot of headers which could start attacks (I would say Paterson did his bit in that department). I think Reid has been under used this season and have sympathy with him over that, but Paterson was a far more effective number ten than Tomlin ever was last season and, although this is an indictment on others as much as it is a positive on his part, he has been our most effective striker so far - we would be doing a bit better than we currently are if we had eleven players who are as effective as Callum Paterson is.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Stick him back at right back. The guys started to believe his own hype as a forward player. Those two left foot shots 2nd half were so frustrating because they were 2 excellent positions wasted.
    Reid threw his arms up in frustration at one of those wasted attempts, Paterson responded by giving him a verbal volley in return. I noticed Paterson doesn't seem to take kindly to any of his teammates pointing out his shortcomings.

There was one incident in the second half when Paterson was racing for a ball near the touchline with an Arsenal player, the ball breaks Paterson's side and he would have been in a position to take the ball upfield, however, he was more intent on giving the Arsenal player a hefty shove into touch rather than concentrate on the ball - he gave away a needless freekick instead of initiating a counter-attack.

He needs resting, but Warnock seems to love his "characters" doesn't he..

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Reid threw his arms up in frustration at one of those wasted attempts, Paterson responded by giving him a verbal volley in return. I noticed Paterson doesn't seem to take kindly to any of his teammates pointing out his shortcomings.

There was one incident in the second half when Paterson was racing for a ball near the touchline with an Arsenal player, the ball breaks Paterson's side and he would have been in a position to take the ball upfield, however, he was more intent on giving the Arsenal player a hefty shove into touch rather than concentrate on the ball - he gave away a needless freekick instead of initiating a counter-attack.

He needs resting, but Warnock seems to love his "characters" doesn't he..
    That one where Reid had his arms up was particularly frustrating. A more natural forward player might easily have played a simple pass through to Reid who would have been clear on goal.