+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: ARSENAL 2 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

FT: ARSENAL 2 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Match officials:

Referee: Mike Dean
    Assistants: Darren Cann, Dan Robathan
    Fourth official: Kevin Friend

Life goes on. Cardiff are back in action on Tuesday at The Emirates.

How they react is anyone's guess at the moment.

The Emiliano Sala search, recovery, investigation, enquiry, legal implications etc etc is going to go on for a long time. Quite simply an unbelieveable situation that family, friends, fans and clubs have never encountered before.

So we go on - as fans we support the team.
    The players have to be professional and play the games.
    The manager will be expected the lead his players and continue further transfer business.
    The executives, police and authorities have to deal with the aftermath of this tragedy in a sensitive but efficient way to find out what happpened and why.

And of course the family of Sala, there are really no words to comfort them at this time. Just to say our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Re: ARSENAL v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Etheridge

Manga Bamba Cunningham
    Bennett
    Arter Gunnarsson Camarasa
    Murphy Niasse Reid

Can't bring myself to put Peltier in the team, he was utterly useless at Newcastle. The Paterson project is over as well, time to give Reid a run in the squad.

Watching arsenal vs Man Utd they’re hopeless at full back so whenever we get the ball we need to play it down the wings in space as there’s only the 2 cb’s back there and they’re not exactly very good we need to utilise Murphy, Reid or niasse and not such aimlessly punt it upfield, I’d be very disappointed if he starts pato upfront when it’s been proven arsenal really struggle against pace

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Can't bring myself to put Peltier in the team.
    We may as well throw the towel in if we play him imo

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    We may as well throw the towel in if we play him imo
    Felt sorry for him at Newcastle. Neil had him man marking Christian Atsu (I think), and it was just absolutely dreadful to watch for the full 90. He's nowhere near up to standard, and I imagine he himself knows that. Should've given Coxe a run out at Newcastle, there's no way he would have done any worse.

Should've given Coxe a run out at Newcastle
    In hindsight you're right but I can see the logic in not pitching him in with so much to play for and a realistic chance of getting something from that game. Arsenal away however is a totally different proposition, even with our 'A' game we'll do well to get anything at all. I'm not a great believer in protecting young players confidence by not playing them. At every stage of development there's a light bulb moment when you realise you've actually made a step change, that's where the confidence comes from and you kick on to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by TeesBlue View Post
    In hindsight you're right but I can see the logic in not pitching him in with so much to play for and a realistic chance of getting something from that game. Arsenal away however is a totally different proposition, even with our 'A' game we'll do well to get anything at all. I'm not a great believer in protecting young players confidence by not playing them. At every stage of development there's a light bulb moment when you realise you've actually made a step change, that's where the confidence comes from and you kick on to the next level.
    Of course. Mind I'd have taken Alex Smithies at right back prior to the Newcastle game over Peltier

The lineup tomorrow could be a bit of a strange one. Mind, saturday will be cringeworthy, particularly with no Arter, or Morrison. Bamba is a booking away from a ban also. Fackin hell.

Etheridge

Coxe Manga Bamba Cunningham

Mendez-Laing Reid Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Etheridge

Mendez-Laing Reid Murphy
    PACE.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Etheridge

Mendez-Laing Reid Murphy
    Assuming the Sala situation hasn't completely disrupted training, no room for Niasse? Looked OK at Newcastle given he'd had no time to adjust to our style of play or his team mates.

Of course. Mind I'd have taken Alex Smithies at right back prior to the Newcastle game over Peltier

The lineup tomorrow could be a bit of a strange one. Mind, saturday will be cringeworthy, particularly with no Arter, or Morrison. Bamba is a booking away from a ban also. Fackin hell.
    Fortunately you are wrong about Bamba. Cautions needed go up to 10 after 19 games. Sol is on 4, Harry on 6 and Victor 5.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Fortunately you are wrong about Bamba. Cautions needed go up to 10 after 19 games. Sol is on 4, Harry on 6 and Victor 5.
    Oh excellent news then, at least someone knows what they're talking about

Oh excellent news then, at least someone knows what they're talking about
    Thank you. Haven't had a compliment like that in years. 😚

On the subject of the team, have we discounted Jazz at right back. I think he's fit and he could do no worse than Pelts.

Thank you. Haven't had a compliment like that in years. ��

On the subject of the team, have we discounted Jazz at right back. I think he's fit and he could do no worse than Pelts.
    Yeah forgot he existed in all honesty. I'd rather Coxe get a run out personally. In a nothing to lose game its a rare opportunity to field him. That being said, Richards would be a better option come saturday, if we haven't signed anyone. I think I'd be a better option than Peltier, at least I'd just completely ignore Warnock's request to man mark whichever winger it is Peltier is asked too.

Imagine having Niasse, Reid and Murphy on top for this one. Not going to happen though, and I suspect a thrashing..

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    Imagine having Niasse, Reid and Murphy on top for this one. Not going to happen though, and I suspect a thrashing..
    Should be our front 3 for every game going forward. With Mendez Laing rotating occasionally. They are blatantly our 3 best options up top, and Niasse has only touched the ball about 5 times for us.

Jazz is apparently on the move so it looks like Pelts at right back. God forbid.

Jazz is apparently on the move so it looks like Pelts at right back. God forbid.
    Where did you hear that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBWuDhIv9B0

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Where did you hear that?
    https://twitter.com/TheLeckwithMole/...365803520?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Brilliant.
    Shame they didn't double check what Damour's first name is before printing.

MY EYES!!!!! PELTIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, Paterson on top..

Niasse and Reid up front. Paterson starts. I hope to god he's not out wide again.