+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Film 19

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Film 19

Thought i’d start one of my favourite threads for the new year and anyone who likes all out action films with some gruesome deaths check out the new film Polar on Netflix

Re: Film 19

Watched Stan And Ollie the other night and really enjoyed it. It was very well acted and thought it was quite sympathetically done.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    Watched Stan And Ollie the other night and really enjoyed it. It was very well acted and thought it was quite sympathetically done.

You just beat me to it

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    You just beat me to it
    Glad we both agreed - I would say 8/10 too.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    Glad we both agreed - I would say 8/10 too.

Took my dad to see Stan and Ollie last week. Dad recalls seeing them live back in the 50’s and said they were terrible. He was a big fan so I thought he might like this film.

It was a bit sugar coated but both Coogan and John C Reilly were superb. Very enjoyable and worth an 8/10.

Roma on Netflix. This is up for ten Oscars. It’s beautifully and lovingly filmed but God it’s dull and self indulgent with literally nothing happening. Avoid 4/10.

Mystic River. Saw this last night. Brooding and well acted and without the typical Hollywood happy ending. Decent 7/10.

Mystic River. Saw this last night. Brooding and well acted and without the typical Hollywood happy ending. Decent 7/10.
    Is that the old one with Sean Penn and Kevin Bacon? Set in Boston?

Good film that.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Is that the old one with Sean Penn and Kevin Bacon? Set in Boston?

Good film that.
    Yep that’s the one...it dates back to 2003.

Don’t know if Green Book made it into the 2018 version of this thread but saw it last night and loved it. May already be the best film I’ll see this year. 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Don’t know if Green Book made it into the 2018 version of this thread but saw it last night and loved it. May already be the best film I’ll see this year. 9/10
    Planning to see this soon.

Yep that’s the one...it dates back to 2003.
    Some really good performances. Tim Robbins too. I like gritty films like that.

They don’t sugar coat any films set in Southie that’s for sure.

Some really good performances. Tim Robbins too. I like gritty films like that.

They don’t sugar coat any films set in Southie that’s for sure.

Yep Robbins was very good. An excellent cast.

Yep Robbins was very good. An excellent cast.
    Just read it was directed by Clint Eastwood.

His new one in the cinema at the moment looks good. The Mule.

It’s got decent reviewś. Not sure my missus will like it. Green Book is a film I want to see next and StraightOuttaCanton’s review suggests it’s worth it. My missus will probably like it too.

Anything with Clint attached to it will be a good film, looking forward to the mule but he must be some age now

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Clicked on this thread just to reccomend Green Book, watched it the other night and it was fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Clicked on this thread just to reccomend Green Book, watched it the other night and it was fantastic
    Whats it about?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    Whats it about?
    Just googled it, looks a bit crap from the description?

Definitely recommend green book one of the best films I’ve seen in a long time

Saw The Favourite last week and really enjoyed it. Olivia Coleman was brilliant and Rachel Weisz was 😍
    Went to see Mary Queen of Scots on Friday and thought it was visually superb but verbally plodding.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Anything with Clint attached to it will be a good film, looking forward to the mule but he must be some age now
    Saw this last week. Clint is marvellous but he’s getting as good as playing an old man as he used to be at playing it super cool.

It’s a bit feelgoody but there’s no harm in that as far as I’m concerned and it’s got some beautifully soft comedy running all the way through it.

It’s a solid 7/10 but don’t think it’ll have anybody raving about it’s brilliance.

Watch it though

Netflix goodie if you’ve not discovered it.

Animal Kingdom with Ellen Barkin. It’s a bit Sons Of Anarchy-‘esque’ but very very good