+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Film 19

Re: Film 19

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Thought i’d start one of my favourite threads for the new year and anyone who likes all out action films with some gruesome deaths check out the new film Polar on Netflix
    Watched it yesterday whilst doing the ironing ........ Bit gruesome and typical unrealistic type action film - Gets shot multiple times in his upper body, shot in the leg, stabbed over a dozen times and still walks into the final scene like nothings happened

Just got back in from watching Mary Queen Of Scots.

The atmosphere, the realism and cinematography (inside and outside scenes) all brilliant. It tells a familiar story pretty well. But I wasn't convinced by the Elizabeth-Mary relationship and whilst Saoirse Ronan was excellent, I thought Margot Robbie was disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Watched it yesterday whilst doing the ironing ........ Bit gruesome and typical unrealistic type action film - Gets shot multiple times in his upper body, shot in the leg, stabbed over a dozen times and still walks into the final scene like nothings happened
    after the eye incident you’d think it would be time to call it a day but a few bandages later he’s kicking arse again

Heisenberg

I've seen this film three times since October and it's one of the best films I've seen in a long time. Completely original, good societal message, incredible soundtrack and the most bizarre third act in history that somehow still works.

Even if you don't like it, you won't forget it in a while. 9/10 for me.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5688932/

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

I've seen this film three times since October and it's one of the best films I've seen in a long time. Completely original, good societal message, incredible soundtrack and the most bizarre third act in history that somehow still works.

Even if you don't like it, you won't forget it in a while. 9/10 for me.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5688932/
    Yes great film his white voice impression always makes me laugh

Lion on Netflix. It’s based on a true story of a little Indian boy called Saroo who gets lost and ends up hundreds of miles away from home. He is eventually adopted by an Australian couple. As an adult he wants to return to India but cannot recall the name of the village he lived in as a little boy. Eventually through Google Earth he traces where he lived as a little boy and returns home to try and find his mother.

Rarely has a film moved me quite like this. I cried like a baby. It is beautiful. It is utterly heartbreaking. The acting is excellent especially the little boy who played Saroo who was wonderful. I really recommend this film. 9/10.

Just watched, The Hate You Give.
    Or
    T
    H
    U
    G
    Get passed the first 15 minutes and what a cracking film.
    Highly recommended.
    8/10

https://youtu.be/3MM8OkVT0hw

Got to agree about Green Book, absolutely loved it, best we’ve seen in a long while👍

Just seen Green Book and thought it was brilliant, loved it, I don't think it will win anything at the oscars but just a great little movie. I thought the guy who played Freddy Mercury in Boheimian Rhapsody will be up there for an Oscar, Stan & Ollie was Okay Just, and Christian Bale in the Vice I thought was pretty shite. i been to the movies more in the last month than i have for years.

Green Book. Just got home from watching this. I thought Mortensen and Ali were excellent. A decent script with some gentle moments of humour. Thoroughly enjoyed it. A worthy 8/10.

Watched this last night on Vimeo:
    https://vimeo.com/142444429

An Open secret, looks into child abuse in Hollywood. Was eye opening and scary just how easy and open these child abuse rings are, The documentary also looks into how cases are covered up and dropped by studio influences to protect the image of Hollywood, Ironically Amy berg who made this was an upcoming film maker with academy award nominations, since this release there are reports that she has been ostracised from Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Watched this last night on Vimeo:
    https://vimeo.com/142444429

An Open secret, looks into child abuse in Hollywood. Was eye opening and scary just how easy and open these child abuse rings are, The documentary also looks into how cases are covered up and dropped by studio influences to protect the image of Hollywood, Ironically Amy berg who made this was an upcoming film maker with academy award nominations, since this release there are reports that she has been ostracised from Hollywood.
    This is in the wrong thread by the sound of it, don’t think I could watch it

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Just watched, The Hate You Give.
    Or
    T
    H
    U
    G
    Get passed the first 15 minutes and what a cracking film.
    Highly recommended.
    8/10

https://youtu.be/3MM8OkVT0hw
    Watched this last night in your recommendation. Thought it was outstanding.

As someone who spends a lot of time in the US, the impact was really powerful on me. Emotionally charged and the issue is as big today as I can ever remember it being.

https://youtu.be/vf7Sh23rk1M

Saw this trailer for Yesterday. Looks like it’ll be a big feelgood film, and make The Beatles the soundtrack of the summer

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Got to agree about Green Book, absolutely loved it, best we’ve seen in a long while��
    I thought that it was rather pastiche, as are many Hollywood films. The film should have been grittier, more profound and more thought-provoking on a number of levels. It was a cheap, cheesy hit and didn't really develop some of the themes that would have made it worthwhile. Filed away in the same drawer as The Shawshank Redemption....

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Lion on Netflix. It’s based on a true story of a little Indian boy called Saroo who gets lost and ends up hundreds of miles away from home. He is eventually adopted by an Australian couple. As an adult he wants to return to India but cannot recall the name of the village he lived in as a little boy. Eventually through Google Earth he traces where he lived as a little boy and returns home to try and find his mother.

Rarely has a film moved me quite like this. I cried like a baby. It is beautiful. It is utterly heartbreaking. The acting is excellent especially the little boy who played Saroo who was wonderful. I really recommend this film. 9/10.
    You would probably like 'The Lunchbox'

I’ve noticed this is on Netflix so will give it a go TBG

Just checked reviews of The Lunchbox. They are very good so this will be the next film I watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I thought that it was rather pastiche, as are many Hollywood films. The film should have been grittier, more profound and more thought-provoking on a number of levels. It was a cheap, cheesy hit and didn't really develop some of the themes that would have made it worthwhile. Filed away in the same drawer as The Shawshank Redemption....
    There are plenty of films with a hard hitting agenda that playbthe gritty role you are looking for, but they are arguably all far more pastiche than Green Book. I just viewed It from a perspective of how a relationship could develop between 2 people from ‘supposedly’ conflicting cultures that turned into a life long friendship.

Watch The Hate You Give to satisfy your gritty needs - I think you might enjoy it (although it is a little pastiche 😂)

Just checked reviews of The Lunchbox. They are very good so this will be the next film I watch.
    If you enjoyed Lion, you’ll enjoy The Lunchbox... not as good but good all the same

I remember this story on BBC news. Amazing

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    There are plenty of films with a hard hitting agenda that playbthe gritty role you are looking for, but they are arguably all far more pastiche than Green Book. I just viewed It from a perspective of how a relationship could develop between 2 people from ‘supposedly’ conflicting cultures that turned into a life long friendship.

Watch The Hate You Give to satisfy your gritty needs - I think you might enjoy it (although it is a little pastiche ��)
    I tend to steer clear of many Hollywood films as they are they so are cliché-ridden, especially the mainstream pleb-fodder stuff. I give anything with Morgan Freeman, Tom Cruise et al a very wide berth. I am more into European films and TV series, especially Scandi-dramas. And if Sidse Babett Knudsen is in anything.....

Any working streams online for Stan and Ollie? Got kodi Xenon build

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    If you enjoyed Lion, you’ll enjoy The Lunchbox... not as good but good all the same
    Just seen this. It was pleasant and Birmat Kaur is gorgeous. It is a bit slow though but an enjoyable diversion so a 7/10.