Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
I agree with TOBW where folk as they age, and I'm one , leave some lefty credentials behind , as I've matured and understood the world has a broader view ,theirare a lot us in the UK that require a third way .

I took an on line test once about all things political and came out as a Social Conservative / Democrat eeek .

I generally think the old Tory world of the awful Thatcher years and before have gone , they are more socially minded, but not enough in my view . I think that battle rages within the Tory party and in the country as a whole, as most want a social caring country , however that has to come with a firm balance of what/how we fund , how efficiently we allocate it , and regulate its distribution, ensuring its not wasted by inflated management / sundry spends , as I believe tax payers are happy to pay if they get the correct values and not poor management and outputs .

I'm sure I will get the usual insults after posting this suggesting I'm a Tory , because I actual challenge behaviours , and don't sit comfortable with the current Labour party views and behaviours .

Its a pity the coalition has gone, as I thought some good stuff came from that , like the triple lock , deficit halved as a share of GDP ,giving full control to folks pension pot , same sex marriage , downside was NHS /social care funding ,Universal Credit .

Great post Chris Lee ,nice to see some other views, it can be lonely on here , luckily I can manage it , lol ,
This Tory party is more right wing than Thatcher , no question at all