+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff's remaining signings

Cardiff's remaining signings

According to WOL, the right back situation is this:
    "Cardiff have been looking at Monaco's Almamy Toure, while they have been linked in France with a swoop for 20-year-old Toulouse star Kelvin Amian, who is rated in the £8m-plus bracket.

But our understanding is that the real target is with a high-profile club in Germany. Warnock thought he had landed his man, but then revealed the player's wife did not want to come to Cardiff and the deal suddenly fell through.

Warnock responded 'She should talk to Victor Camarasa's wife', making a point of emphasising what a fantastic city the Welsh capital is.

The manager still hopes the player's wife will do a U-turn and he will be able to land his man, whose name has yet to enter the public domain.

The pedigree of his club, however, is not in doubt and the fact he plays for them has to be a plus."

One of you lot can have a go at figuring out who this fella is.

As for midfield;
    "Cardiff's main midfield target throughout January has been Nice's £8m man Adrien Tameze. The Bluebirds thought they had this deal over the line, too, but a last minute complication hindered matters.

Whilst acknowledging the move had fallen through, Warnock always felt it could be revived.

Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman watched Tameze in action last week and Cardiff were hoping to reopen negotiations with Nice.

The Bluebirds view the 24-year-old — who is highly-rated by his Nice manager Patrick Vieira — as a key acquisition to their midfield, with Aron Gunnarsson, Harry Arter and Victor Camarasa out of contract at the end of the season.

Tameze is viewed as the perfect modern-day midfielder. Crucially, he is a good passer of the ball and would be on the same wavelength as Camarasa.

Cardiff know they have to start controlling possession and games more in the closing months of the season."

Apparently this deal fell through as he wouldn't take wage reduction in case of relegation clause. If he wants to come and fight sign him, if not, move on I say.

Finally, the most sensitive issue of a striker:
    "Cardiff have also been looking at a gifted Brazilian who plays in Belgian football and would cost around £15m. A glut of other leading clubs have also been after the striker, including Arsenal, Newcastle, West Ham, Fiorentina and Valencia.

The player in question is much younger than Sala and the question Warnock is asking is whether he would be ready for the hurly-burly of a Premier League relegation dogfight.

Cardiff were previously linked with Sheffield Wednesday front-runner Fernando Forestieri, who could cost £14m.

He has not been quite so successful in front of goal this season, but at 29 is more battle-hardened."

Zohore might feature tomorrow, but what a gamble relying on him would be. Can anyone think of who this Brazilian is? I've tried to look, haven't a clue.

Re: Cardiff's remaining signings

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jupi...018&land_id=26

Those are the current Brazilian players in Belgium, you'd assume it is Wesley that's being referred too. After a quick google, it would appear he is a bit of a unit, in the athletic sense. 22 years old, scored 10 in 27 games this season.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC27 View Post
    According to WOL, the right back situation is this:
    "Cardiff have been looking at Monaco's Almamy Toure, while they have been linked in France with a swoop for 20-year-old Toulouse star Kelvin Amian, who is rated in the £8m-plus bracket.

But our understanding is that the real target is with a high-profile club in Germany. Warnock thought he had landed his man, but then revealed the player's wife did not want to come to Cardiff and the deal suddenly fell through.

Warnock responded 'She should talk to Victor Camarasa's wife', making a point of emphasising what a fantastic city the Welsh capital is.

The manager still hopes the player's wife will do a U-turn and he will be able to land his man, whose name has yet to enter the public domain.

The pedigree of his club, however, is not in doubt and the fact he plays for them has to be a plus."

One of you lot can have a go at figuring out who this fella is.

As for midfield;
    "Cardiff's main midfield target throughout January has been Nice's £8m man Adrien Tameze. The Bluebirds thought they had this deal over the line, too, but a last minute complication hindered matters.

Whilst acknowledging the move had fallen through, Warnock always felt it could be revived.

Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman watched Tameze in action last week and Cardiff were hoping to reopen negotiations with Nice.

The Bluebirds view the 24-year-old — who is highly-rated by his Nice manager Patrick Vieira — as a key acquisition to their midfield, with Aron Gunnarsson, Harry Arter and Victor Camarasa out of contract at the end of the season.

Tameze is viewed as the perfect modern-day midfielder. Crucially, he is a good passer of the ball and would be on the same wavelength as Camarasa.

Cardiff know they have to start controlling possession and games more in the closing months of the season."

Apparently this deal fell through as he wouldn't take wage reduction in case of relegation clause. If he wants to come and fight sign him, if not, move on I say.

Finally, the most sensitive issue of a striker:
    "Cardiff have also been looking at a gifted Brazilian who plays in Belgian football and would cost around £15m. A glut of other leading clubs have also been after the striker, including Arsenal, Newcastle, West Ham, Fiorentina and Valencia.

The player in question is much younger than Sala and the question Warnock is asking is whether he would be ready for the hurly-burly of a Premier League relegation dogfight.

Cardiff were previously linked with Sheffield Wednesday front-runner Fernando Forestieri, who could cost £14m.

He has not been quite so successful in front of goal this season, but at 29 is more battle-hardened."

Zohore might feature tomorrow, but what a gamble relying on him would be. Can anyone think of who this Brazilian is? I've tried to look, haven't a clue.
    http://eurorivals.net/players/wesley:club-brugge.html

https://www.90min.com/posts/6240261-...-wesley-moraes

Read the article now and was glad to come across this line;-

"Cardiff know they have to start controlling possession and games more in the closing months of the season."

If it is Wesley, we're in a queue with some big hitters from Spain, Italy & maybe Arsenal. If Unai Emery is genuinely interested the lad must be talented.

Personally I'd take him of Forestieri any day, especially as the price is same / similar.

I would pay 14million for forestieri as long as Barry Bannon was included in the deal.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Read the article now and was glad to come across this line;-

"Cardiff know they have to start controlling possession and games more in the closing months of the season."
    I dont understand this line. Does it mean we are going to change the way we play? Or do we think additional signings will help us achieve more possession? Becouse we really have a lot of options every game keeping it, but somehow it looks like the players are instructed not to 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    I dont understand this line. Does it mean we are going to change the way we play? Or do we think additional signings will help us achieve more possession? Becouse we really have a lot of options every game keeping it, but somehow it looks like the players are instructed not to ��
    I'd say that it's the combination of the tactics employed by Warnock over the last 12 months or so and the lack of ability in our midfield, I'd also say that some of the players look completely startled at times, when they receive the ball, they don't look at all comfortable. When we've played in the way that we have then it's no surprise to witness a severe lack of confidence in possession, added with a lack of movement-Willingness-options. The only way that this will change (in my opinion) is if we bring in 'Footballers' or players who are comfortable on the ball. Warnocks style of play has become counter productive, it worked in the Championship but it isn't going to work at this level, maybe there has to be a balance between football and long ball. It's not just that we are playing badly, it looks like players have forgotten how to play-Most of them were never that versed with the ball at their feet but i can't believe how bad some of them look right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'd say that it's the combination of the tactics employed by Warnock over the last 12 months or so and the lack of ability in our midfield, I'd also say that some of the players look completely startled at times, when they receive the ball, they don't look at all comfortable. When we've played in the way that we have then it's no surprise to witness a severe lack of confidence in possession, added with a lack of movement-Willingness-options. The only way that this will change (in my opinion) is if we bring in 'Footballers' or players who are comfortable on the ball. Warnocks style of play has become counter productive, it worked in the Championship but it isn't going to work at this level, maybe there has to be a balance between football and long ball. It's not just that we are playing badly, it looks like players have forgotten how to play-Most of them were never that versed with the ball at their feet but i can't believe how bad some of them look right now.
    I get what you are saying and tend to agree. Some of them have no business being in the premiership, and I can understand how difficult it is having a second to make a decision before pressed. But we have what we have regarding players. But it’s more than that. Several times against Newcastle they had both time, space and even 3 or 4 easy options to keep the ball and play. They chose to lump it up. I also understand there is more freedom playing out wide. But look at Camarasa. What is happening to him? Is it fatigue? And even if we lump it, we would have to run even more retaining the ball. It’s a vicious spiral. If we have to play this way, I would rather we put 3 runners up front rather than Patterson, course that one isn’t working any more.

Hey Wolff, are you Norwegian, or have I invented that? I have family living in in Oslo so just curious like.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    I get what you are saying and tend to agree. Some of them have no business being in the premiership, and I can understand how difficult it is having a second to make a decision before pressed. But we have what we have regarding players. But it’s more than that. Several times against Newcastle they had both time, space and even 3 or 4 easy options to keep the ball and play. They chose to lump it up. I also understand there is more freedom playing out wide. But look at Camarasa. What is happening to him? Is it fatigue? And even if we lump it, we would have to run even more retaining the ball. It’s a vicious spiral. If we have to play this way, I would rather we put 3 runners up front rather than Patterson, course that one isn’t working any more.
    I didn't see the Newcastle game, although i believe it was very poor. As for Camarasa-Who knows? Could be a combination of factors-Injury, fatigue, a lack of options etc. I think that all of those things have-are-contributing towards his poor form, although personally, i don't think that he's as good as some make out on here.