+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock press conference

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Warnock press conference

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Blimey he is so downbeat. I reckon he's on the verge of resigning.
    Why do you keep repeating this ? It appears as if you are wishing it upon him/us and trying to prove yourself 'in the know'. Of course he looks downbeat and unhappy - wouldn't you given the circumstances ? Doesn't mean he is going to pack it in.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why do you keep repeating this ? It appears as if you are wishing it upon him/us and trying to prove yourself 'in the know'. Of course he looks downbeat and unhappy - wouldn't you given the circumstances ? Doesn't mean he is going to pack it in.
    It's not that unreasonable of an assertion. He hasn't sounded happy for weeks prior to this tragedy. However, he won't.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I thought the same as you about JC's post (there's always a first) but then I saw and read excerpts from the press conference where Warnock actually says he's been considering retiring.

From SkySports: 'When asked if he considered stepping down from his role, Warnock said: "I think nearly 24 hours a day in the last week, that would be true to say.

"Even as I sit here now, I think that would be [true]. There are more important things. It takes something like this to make you realise."

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I thought the same as you about JC's post (there's always a first) but then I saw and read excerpts from the press conference where Warnock actually says he's been considering retiring.

From SkySports: 'When asked if he considered stepping down from his role, Warnock said: "I think nearly 24 hours a day in the last week, that would be true to say.

"Even as I sit here now, I think that would be [true]. There are more important things. It takes something like this to make you realise."
    He does then go on to say

"But I realise I have a job to do here, and it was always a massive job. It's doubly massive now, and that's when you've got to show your leadership and show the lads you're in charge of that we've got another miracle to do here."

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Swbluebird View Post
    He does then go on to say

"But I realise I have a job to do here, and it was always a massive job. It's doubly massive now, and that's when you've got to show your leadership and show the lads you're in charge of that we've got another miracle to do here."
    I'm glad you added that bit

I was playing devil's advocate for the poster who questioned whether Warnock was considering retiring. I thought it was a fair comment because of Warnock literally saying that it had been on his mind this week - whereas someone else took offence at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'm glad you added that bit

I was playing devil's advocate for the poster who questioned whether Warnock was considering retiring. I thought it was a fair comment because of Warnock literally saying that it had been on his mind this week - whereas someone else took offence at it.
    He did appear a tad broken by it all, the tradegy of it must be overwhelming for him and others who’d met him. Sounds like it’s hit a few of the players hard too.