+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock press conference

Warnock press conference

Due to start around 1pm. No updates yet.

WoL usually live tweet but nothing from them yet. Said to be packed with up 10x as many journalists there.

Re: Warnock press conference

Yes, I've been wondering what's going on. Very late for a presser anyway.

Bamba defines what being human is at 13:21

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rnock-15742592

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock reveals he'd flown with same pilot as Emiliano Sala

He looks wrecked.

Blimey he is so downbeat. I reckon he's on the verge of resigning.

looks shattered not his normal self... as to be expected

i cant believe its 1 week, wonder if there will be a gathering at the statue this evening

not right at all, still hard to get your head around it all

“I’ve not spoken to anyone from Leicester. But that was another week I’d never experienced anything like that. Two in a short space of time… the emotional effect that had on us, and that wasn’t our club.

“The game against Leicester was almost irrelevant and this week has been even worse because I spoke to Emiliano. I keep calling him Emile because I told him I couldn’t pronounce the name.

“He came to the training ground, was halfway through his medical on Friday. I went across to see him for two or three minutes and I said, looking at his gear he was wearing, he would fit in with our team, he had holes in his trousers and looked like a tramp.

“That’s the memories I’ll have, he said ‘I’ll score you the goals’, and I said ‘I know you will’. I did invite him to Newcastle and I keep thinking about that. But he wanted to go back and see his teammates and get his belongings.”

I don't care what some on here think. This whole thing is heartbreaking.

I'm not Warnock's biggest fan but I feel for him. He's crushed and he's every right to be.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Blimey he is so downbeat. I reckon he's on the verge of resigning.
    Why do you keep repeating this ? It appears as if you are wishing it upon him/us and trying to prove yourself 'in the know'. Of course he looks downbeat and unhappy - wouldn't you given the circumstances ? Doesn't mean he is going to pack it in.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why do you keep repeating this ? It appears as if you are wishing it upon him/us and trying to prove yourself 'in the know'. Of course he looks downbeat and unhappy - wouldn't you given the circumstances ? Doesn't mean he is going to pack it in.
    It's not that unreasonable of an assertion. He hasn't sounded happy for weeks prior to this tragedy. However, he won't.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I thought the same as you about JC's post (there's always a first) but then I saw and read excerpts from the press conference where Warnock actually says he's been considering retiring.

From SkySports: 'When asked if he considered stepping down from his role, Warnock said: "I think nearly 24 hours a day in the last week, that would be true to say.

"Even as I sit here now, I think that would be [true]. There are more important things. It takes something like this to make you realise."

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I thought the same as you about JC's post (there's always a first) but then I saw and read excerpts from the press conference where Warnock actually says he's been considering retiring.

From SkySports: 'When asked if he considered stepping down from his role, Warnock said: "I think nearly 24 hours a day in the last week, that would be true to say.

"Even as I sit here now, I think that would be [true]. There are more important things. It takes something like this to make you realise."
    He does then go on to say

"But I realise I have a job to do here, and it was always a massive job. It's doubly massive now, and that's when you've got to show your leadership and show the lads you're in charge of that we've got another miracle to do here."

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Swbluebird View Post
    He does then go on to say

"But I realise I have a job to do here, and it was always a massive job. It's doubly massive now, and that's when you've got to show your leadership and show the lads you're in charge of that we've got another miracle to do here."
    I'm glad you added that bit

I was playing devil's advocate for the poster who questioned whether Warnock was considering retiring. I thought it was a fair comment because of Warnock literally saying that it had been on his mind this week - whereas someone else took offence at it.

Just imagine the team moral , and thoughts , when they get on that first flight together .

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'm glad you added that bit

I was playing devil's advocate for the poster who questioned whether Warnock was considering retiring. I thought it was a fair comment because of Warnock literally saying that it had been on his mind this week - whereas someone else took offence at it.
    He did appear a tad broken by it all, the tradegy of it must be overwhelming for him and others who’d met him. Sounds like it’s hit a few of the players hard too.

I hope for everyone's sake that Warnock has the strength to carry on. I am not sure I would.
    If he were to call it a day no one would blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rnock-15742592

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock reveals he'd flown with same pilot as Emiliano Sala
    I wonder who organised the flight? He said he'd been on a few trips.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I wonder who organised the flight? He said he'd been on a few trips.
    That's an interesting question.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    That's an interesting question.
    No it's not. It's well documented who organised the flight and Warnock's name has never been mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    No it's not. It's well documented who organised the flight and Warnock's name has never been mentioned.
    The interesting party is that it would appear if the pilot had been used on more than one occasion then perhaps inappropriate flight procedures and protocols were the norm?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Warnock's name been mentioned, by Neil himself earlier today. So who organised the flight then? Was it a football agent, and do they normally organise scouting trips? Or are Cardiff City using the same person/company to arrange flights? Also how were these flights funded?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    The interesting party is that it would appear if the pilot had been used on more than one occasion then perhaps inappropriate flight procedures and protocols were the norm?
    It would appear that there are more questions than answers.

It would appear that there are more questions than answers.
    Didn't I read City were already conducting their own investigation? Any investigation could throw up a number of things or common practices that may be specific to the world of football. This tragedy could bring into focus some of the more peculiar aspects of the football business and its practices.

Warnock's name been mentioned, by Neil himself earlier today. So who organised the flight then? Was it a football agent, and do they normally organise scouting trips? Or are Cardiff City using the same person/company to arrange flights? Also how were these flights funded?
    Football agent Willie McKay says he arranged the flight that missing Cardiff City striker Emiliano Sala took from Nantes. This was covered widely by the media 2 days ago.