+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: WHY?

WHY?

After such a tragic week do posters have to sink to name calling and back biting. In reference to Warnock press conference.
    Absolutely shocking.

Re: WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    After such a tragic week do posters have to sink to name calling and back biting. In reference to Warnock press conference.
    Absolutely shocking.
    Ruining the board. Too many threads deteriorate this way. Unless the Boss does something I think people will stop using the board. I've been on this forum since '98 or '99 and it's currently the worst that it's been in that time.

Absolutely shocking.
    Some people are simply unable to have rational and polite exchanges of opinion on here. We all know the names of those who get involved in spat after spat.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Ruining the board. Too many threads deteriorate this way. Unless the Boss does something I think people will stop using the board. I've been on this forum since '98 or '99 and it's currently the worst that it's been in that time.
    There used to be some spats on here mind, I don’t understand why some need to sink to that level though

There are two sides to this tradegy, the human side and the factual side of what happened, and there is going to be some overlap. All of those connected with the club have a lot of juggling to do, they need to grieve, but they also have to respond to the latest news as the world is watching. Tan and Co announced possible legal action, and yesterday Warnock revealed he had previously flown with the pilot. This is how events become intertwined, but it is up to the posters to be civil with each other.

Unifornately it will never happen as this kind of behaviour has been going on for ages. It seems that people form groups, ignore what another person has to say, and then verbally attack them. It's really pathetic that it has all come down to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Some people are simply unable to have rational and polite exchanges of opinion on here. We all know the names of those who get involved in spat after spat.
    You think you do, but I really think you don’t. I think this is the best example. It was so easy understanding what was meant, and then the wolf’s come out in packs making it out to be something it’s not.
    http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php?437478-Is-NW-okay
    And it’s not something new. And it’s not only here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    There are two sides to this tradegy, the human side and the factual side of what happened, and there is going to be some overlap. All of those connected with the club have a lot of juggling to do, they need to grieve, but they also have to respond to the latest news as the world is watching. Tan and Co announced possible legal action, and yesterday Warnock revealed he had previously flown with the pilot. This is how events become intertwined, but it is up to the posters to be civil with each other.

Unifornately it will never happen as this kind of behaviour has been going on for ages. It seems that people form groups, ignore what another person has to say, and then verbally attack them. It's really pathetic that it has all come down to this.
    I think that's true, it's just more noticeable at times like these.

It’s pathetic I agree. I’ll go through that thread and make some deletions.

I’ll try to be a bit more on top of things going forward.

Can I ask anyone if they feel a poster is getting personal or if they see this thing happening please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    It’s pathetic I agree. I’ll go through that thread and make some deletions.

I’ll try to be a bit more on top of things going forward.

Can I ask anyone if they feel a poster is getting personal or if they see this thing happening please PM me.
    Maybe you can have a red and yellow card system, or something similar. I wouldn't mind receiving one myself if I was out of order. I usually try to keep it together, but when you have a mob baiting you, sometimes it's not so easy to keep your cool. I can debate ideas all day long, but some people are only interested in the verbals and getting a reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    You think you do, but I really think you don’t. I think this is the best example. It was so easy understanding what was meant, and then the wolf’s come out in packs making it out to be something it’s not.
    If I were to start pointing fingers or quoting individual messages I would be going down the same route as all the personal spats on here. Let's just make an effort to improve the quality of debate even when we disagree with other posters.

Absolutely shocking.
    Because some people just crave the attention and see it as a way of being controversial. People can be rude and abusive and know there are no real consequences.

Sadly its a reflection of society today

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Maybe you can have a red and yellow card system, or something similar. I wouldn't mind receiving one myself if I was out of order. I usually try to keep it together, but when you have a mob baiting you, sometimes it's not so easy to keep your cool. I can debate ideas all day long, but some people are only interested in the verbals and getting a reaction.
    There is a red/yellow type system. I’ll try to figure it out.

Yep. You see this behaviour everywhere online, whether it’s a forum about football, music, gardening, whatever, not to mention social media. See less of it in real life of course.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    Yep. You see this behaviour everywhere online, whether it’s a forum about football, music, gardening, whatever, not to mention social media. See less of it in real life of course.
    Social media, especially Twitter, is vile at times. I use it for football stuff mostly, and getting news. But the speed at which people resort to the most horrendous abuse and unacceptable comments is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    In the same spirit of calling a spade a spade and not suffering fools gladly, JRH has got a massive gob to be fair. He measures high on the clarksometer.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Same here, the board was great back then. There are some right clowns on here currently. Multiple username changes over the years I have no doubt....

Absolutely shocking.
    Caused by a lack of intelligence and morals , usually causes this type of poor behaviour .

It was disappointing to come on here and see people behaving in the way they were, particularly against the backdrop of what had happened with Emiliano Sala.
    Some of them involved are half-intelligent but act like bullies, they can't reason or debate without taking it to a personal level. One or two others who seemingly have a better IQ (maybe not EQ though!) appear to take great delight in turning the screws and humiliating other posters in any way they can, ultimately the same....bullies!

They do show a common theme in being quite prolific posters, perhaps that's why this forum cuts them some slack, I don't know.

It's tiring to be honest, from the moment certain posters join a thread, you know it's only a matter of time before it all turns sour - it's so predictable.

I used to think that those who said this message board was going downhill were being a bit dramatic, however, I'm beginning to think they're right.

This message board had its hey day a long time ago. It's a shadow of what it used to be. Looks like *****'s forum is more popular.