+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Right then. Postive thread

Right then. Postive thread

Points against teams in top 6 - ZERO
    Points against teams not in top 6 - 19

Next seven games against teams not in top six.

Our season starts now.

Re: Right then. Postive thread

Really is s**t or bust for us I think

👍🤞. Played quite well tonight so very hopeful

Tonight I thought we were at least a point ......... Gutted not have taken our chances

We have players with unbelievable spirit to put together such a determined performance after an awful week.

Bobby Reid is finding his feet again and the confidence of the manager, Etheridge looks back to form, Ralls had his best game - players are ready to give us that positive feeling again.

We still have a few days to bring in a couple more players to cover positions now being picked on.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Points against teams in top 6 - ZERO
    Points against teams not in top 6 - 19

Next seven games against teams not in top six.

Our season starts now.
    Yes it feels like we have a 26 game season. Even playing as well as we did tonight we still get the same outcome v a top 6 side. Everyone else taking things from them.

We have 14 games left, but only 10 v those not in the top 6. We probably need 6 wins from those 10 games to give ourselves a chance? Considering we have won 5 in 24 it’s a big ask.

There is very little margin for error now. It’s hard to see us matching the teams above us but we have to somehow overtake them.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    We have players with unbelievable spirit to put together such a determined performance after an awful week.
    The key is keeping that spirit going. It had been on the wane very much so.

Thought we played well first half and really should have been a goal or two up at half time. Our inability to score goals even from good chances is going to cost us unfortunately. Arsenal were always likely to improve in the 2nd half.

Other results went against us as the other teams around us have started to score more regularly (aside from Huddersfield who are down anyway).

Ralls was better tonight but still not good enough. Reid's movement caused them problems and NML looked lively when he came on.

Definitely some positives after the last couple of performances and hopefully we can take that into Saturday as we really need a win.

I also think we need a shock win against one of the top 6.
    Having said that, we really are up against it now.

I don’t think that Etheridge has been out of form at all this season.

He has probably been our best player!

we dont do positive, we are cardiff city fans

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I don’t think that Etheridge has been out of form at all this season.

He has probably been our best player!
    Agreed, hopefully no one comes on for him in the summer

I know we lost but was encouraging performance , I know I'm probably on my own but I wouldn't mind seeing Connolly coming back in if don't get anyone else. That's the awaybperformance we haven't had all season.

Just got back and thought the team were superb tonight and gave the gooners a lesson first half and were unlucky not to have had a couple. can’t fault the effort and spirit and well done to all!

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I know we lost but was encouraging performance , I know I'm probably on my own but I wouldn't mind seeing Connolly coming back in if don't get anyone else. That's the awaybperformance we haven't had all season.
    Nooooooo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    we dont do positive, we are cardiff city fans
    Another one is that Burnely didn’t win, looked like they were going too. Results last night.....

It was always going to be close. Being close means we are likely to drop into the relegation for periods of time. If results go our way we could be out of it next weekend and people will be feeling more positive then. However, I suspect the gloom might descend anew if we are back in the relegation zone the following weekend . And so on and so forth.

I also fur our fate might have been sealed when Rabbithutch was appointed.

Re. Fixtures against the top 6 I think we have two of those at home. We might well be able to pick up points in those games.

I thought the lads played pretty well last night ....... We had more than enough chances to win the game, honestly couldn't care less about possession stats (Newcastle proved that last night with 23% pos and two shots on target)

Niasse looked good ..... Just a bit rusty, could have and should have made more of the chances he had. Reid also looked a breath of fresh air .... Lets hope NW keeps those two upfront on Saturday

playing with and battling with a lack of quality is always going to be a struggle...

sala (aside) with 2-3 new quality players we may have had a decent shot

who knows we may knock up some points from now on, but would be much better if nw can get 1 or 2 more deals over the line

battled well last night on an emotional situation, just that final third and clinical finish is lacking, the goal was superb, but made hard work of it counting the missed chances or opportunities we had