Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
We got as much done as almost any other club in the league up until that point. In fact I think at the point of signing Sala, we were the only club as well as Bournemouth who'd also signed 2 players? Why should we expect our club to be signing more when no-one else is? Do you not think other clubs want to strengthen too; or is it just that it's extremely difficult.
Let's not forget either that we had an agreement for a right back to come here in the first few days of January only to have it scuppered by another club at the last minute. I'd have some sympathy with blue lewj's view under normal circumstances - I would be very disappointed with just one loan signing going into the last day of the window in our position were it not for the Sala situation. However, for me, that has changed everything. Firstly, we'd signed a striker for a club record fee well before the end of the window and, secondly, we then lost him under tragic circumstances before he'd kicked a ball for us - it's not fair or credible to expect business as usual at the club after something like that.

Regarding the point about signing players earlier, you are correct to point out that hardly anybody is enjoying much success in bringing in newcomers so far in this window - the January market in particular is one that does few favours for clubs looking to buy because its relative shortness gives players the opportunity to hang on right to the bitter end in the hope that a more attractive offer may come along.

My guess is that there will be a lot of transfer activity today and I'm hopeful that City will be doing their fair share of it, but, if they don't, then, this time at least, I will not be blaming them.