+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Neils post match comments on transfer

Neils post match comments on transfer

very depressing, no-one up front, go with what we have, need defensive cover. I've got to be honest, that's not what I want to hear and hope it's no true. We need a minimum of a midfielder & a centre forward in the next 48 hours. I fear we're surrendering with a whimper.

Re: Neils post match comments on transfer

That would go against the performance tonight which was the exact opposite.

Think it would be better to save the wongas we really need to start looking to the future and direction of the club

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    That would go against the performance tonight which was the exact opposite.
    Perhaps with us now staring down the barrel the club have turned the tap off spending any more money.

I wouldn’t blame them. Perhaps it’s best to save some money for the summer.

We are in urgent need of a right back.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Think it would be better to save the wongas we really need to start looking to the future and direction of the club
    Which would be downwards?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Perhaps with us now staring down the barrel the club have turned the tap off spending any more money.

Yes, a new manager, new ideas, new players. Not going to come cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes, a new manager, new ideas, new players. Not going to come cheap.
    I agree but I was encouraged by a couple of things tonight which makes me think certain players will flourish more if there is a change of direction, and when asked to play a different way some of them do have the ability do so.

We need so many players in the next 48 hours to compete in this league it’s ridiculous. Where to start?! Right back for sure- centre defender with Morrison potentially out for the season- midfielders- strikers.

However we all know how hard January is to get players other teams will let go, affordable and who are ready to go. Almost impossible.

I think stick with what we got up top try and bring a RB in unless can get a very good CB. Centre midfield we need someone who is a dramatic improvement on the 3 we have.

I agree but I was encouraged by a couple of things tonight which makes me think certain players will flourish more if there is a change of direction, and when asked to play a different way some of them do have the ability do so.
    Agreed.

We can play some football. It's when we continually launch the bloody think like a missile for 90 minutes that doesn't work. Warnock must realise that.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

I concur.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Lack of investment leads to poverty.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Jamieccfc
    So give up in January, in the Premier league with all the income when 4 points off safety.

Instead look to a 46 match championship, save our spending for the summer in the championship with considerably less income with the ultimate goal to be right back where we are now.

Can't say I get the logic on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Lack of investment leads to poverty.

StT.
    <><
    Softly, softly, catchee monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    very depressing, no-one up front, go with what we have, need defensive cover. I've got to be honest, that's not what I want to hear and hope it's no true. We need a minimum of a midfielder & a centre forward in the next 48 hours. I fear we're surrendering with a whimper.
    There was a lot of pent up emotion in that interview, which is hardly surprising. Sounds like he gave Bruno a rollocking. Good to see Neil back on the bike though, so to speak. Interesting team selection for Saturday. Hopefully Camarasa will be available for what is a massive game, especially with Burnley playing Southampton and Palace playing Fulham. The table could look quite different on Saturday night.

TBH I thought the lads played well tonight ......... Saturday's game is gonna be MASSIVE

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    There was a lot of pent up emotion in that interview, which is hardly surprising. Sounds like he gave Bruno a rollocking. Good to see Neil back on the bike though, so to speak. Interesting team selection for Saturday. Hopefully Camarasa will be available for what is a massive game, especially with Burnley playing Southampton and Palace playing Fulham. The table could look quite different on Saturday night.
    Yes and Southampton playing palace tonight. Then all 4 teams immediately around us all playing together. Therefore at least 2 of our genuine relegation rivals will be gaining points on Saturday.

We are currently 3 behind southampton in 17th, but look at the 2 games they have before we play again. Even if they lose the table won’t look any better because of who they are playing. We will certainly be further away from 17th by the time we kick off and will remain in the bottom 3 on Saturday whatever happens.

Bournemouth are a very tidy side, but i do think it’s as close to a must win game as it gets.

I was at the game last night.
    We didn't play as if we were throwing in the towel.
    Everyone shouting for Reid he missed a hatful. Fans wanting Manga at centre back He's a liability.Joe Bennett played 3 days after his dad died and was outstanding.
    As for the transfer window. We can live in hope.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I was at the game last night.
    We didn't play as if we were throwing in the towel.
    Everyone shouting for Reid he missed a hatful. Fans wanting Manga at centre back He's a liability.Joe Bennett played 3 days after his dad died and was outstanding.
    As for the transfer window. We can live in hope.
    Two, a hatful?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    So give up in January, in the Premier league with all the income when 4 points off safety.

Instead look to a 46 match championship, save our spending for the summer in the championship with considerably less income with the ultimate goal to be right back where we are now.

Agree. We did the hard work getting here. We should be making sure we stay. Investing now to keep the financial rewards coming.

Go back down and it could take years to get here again.

It sounds as though Neil has given up on transfers. He looked completely deflated last night yet the team played reasonably well.

I'm sure there are loads of thing's happening at the moment.

There is never any value in listening to any managers post match comments. They have to be careful as anything can happen over then next couple of days. You can have deals fall apart on any last minute snag.

There is every chance there could be a hat full of deals, and every chance that all the deals fall away. Why raise hopes after a match.

WOL reporting we’ve had a €20m bid for Wesley at Club Brugge rejected. I’d guess it depends on how much they want him, Brugge want €30m.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

A third promotion to the Premier League would be difficult, and it would be with a new manager and a rebuilt team.