Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
Going by your reckoning most threads on here discussing transfers are insensitive then?
Or does it just apply to strikers? I don't see you jumping on those threads and suggesting anything like that though.

I have some idea of how the transfer window works but would question whether those involved at City know enough about it if I'm honest. We have a poor record of doing things well in the summer or January. We were making noises about how difficult things were to do deals before the window opened even.

Do we need a striker? Yes.
We are apparently not meant to try for one to avoid being insensitive.
All well and good but we have not got enough goals in that team to survive as it is.

Let's not forget here we needed more than a striker which was glaringly obvious but haven't got those over the line either. Anybody would think they would have done so with all the preparation they have put in for months prior to the window opening or so you would have us believe.

The evidence of many windows suggests we react to what other teams do and panic at the last minute. It seems we are doing just that this time with just over a day to do the remaining deals.
Don't you dare say anything negative or mildly critical, otherwise he'll be on to you in a flash