+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joe Bennett

Joe Bennett

Played for us today after his father died over the weekend.

Re: Joe Bennett

Never knew this, thought he played well tonight

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Never knew this, thought he played well tonight
    Played well overall but thought he could have come across to cover quicker for their 2nd.

Fair play to him for playing so soon after the death of his father though.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Played well overall but thought he could have come across to cover quicker for their 2nd.

Fair play to him for playing so soon after the death of his father though.
    Just think he was out of gas by then but it did make me laugh Bamba pointing towards him after that dull fecker made another horrendous decision

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Just think he was out of gas by then but it did make me laugh Bamba pointing towards him after that dull fecker made another horrendous decision
    Sol played well tonight but twice went for a wander and twice we ended up conceding.

Joe Bennett

Warnock mentions Joe Bennett’s father passing, what an awful thing to happen on top of everything else.
    Condolences to Joe and his family , respect for going out and playing tonight as it must have been difficult to focus on football.

Apologies just seen the other post below...

Sol played well tonight but twice went for a wander and twice we ended up conceding.
    I just don’t understand how he hasn’t realised he’s not beckenbauer mark 2 every time I seem to praise him for something brilliant he goes and does something daft

I much prefer Bennett to Cunningham put some good balls in. I think he could have done better for the 2nd goal but ultimately sol was reckless. Thoughts are with him in what must have been a hellish week

That is exactly right, sadly. :-(

Prior to last night's game, Joe Bennett had had a few below-par performances, perhaps his father had been ill for some time and this was playing on Joe's mind?

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I much prefer Bennett to Cunningham put some good balls in. I think he could have done better for the 2nd goal but ultimately sol was reckless. Thoughts are with him in what must have been a hellish week
    I'd hyped Bennett so much last season, think he's struggled a couple of times in the last month or so and have been thinking maybe Cunningham deserves a chance. Bennett proved me wrong tonight he was outstanding i thought, looked composed and confident, obviously playing with emotion got the best out of him.

Think he's been shy to take his man on and put a ball in on occasions even though he has the tools to do it. I always assumed it was Warnock telling him to play cautiously but judging on his post match int, it probably isnt. More of the same please Joe!

I think Bennett had one of his best game of the season. I liked seeing him play the ball to Niasse down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by pgbluebird View Post
    I'd hyped Bennett so much last season, think he's struggled a couple of times in the last month or so and have been thinking maybe Cunningham deserves a chance. Bennett proved me wrong tonight he was outstanding i thought, looked composed and confident, obviously playing with emotion got the best out of him.

Think he's been shy to take his man on and put a ball in on occasions even though he has the tools to do it. I always assumed it was Warnock telling him to play cautiously but judging on his post match int, it probably isnt. More of the same please Joe!
    He had a good game overall, I wouldn't go as far to say "outstanding", but he cut out the errors of recent performances.

respect to him and sorry for his loss

but not a fan... just think hes too poor quality, when you stop and think would he get into the side of any other team in the prem ? then not good enough for me, showing better heart but makes lots of mistakes and gives the ball away alot...

slight improvement last night, and after taking that ball to the jaw i respect him alot more for getting stuck in, but just lacking in ability for me

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post

but not a fan... just think hes too poor quality, when you stop and think would he get into the side of any other team in the prem ? then not good enough for me, showing better heart but makes lots of mistakes and gives the ball away alot...

slight improvement last night, and after taking that ball to the jaw i respect him alot more for getting stuck in, but just lacking in ability for me
    For me, he’s our most at ease player in the back 4. Yes, he makes mistakes but he’s the best all rounder we have. Bamba still thinks he’s Beckenbauer and Morrison has struggled. Manga is a bit shakey at CB, can’t play RB and Cunningham and Peltier aren’t up to it.

Massive, massive respect for him playing last night. I know we aren’t very good but we’ve got a cracking bunch. Proud of them last night.

Bennett is alright for me.
    A lot of times he is exposed by those around him making mistakes. Last night it was Bamba.
    If Bamba doesn't go walkabout and lose the ball then we don't have to try to make last ditch challenges while caught out of position.

The biggest shame for me when considering Bennett is the £4 million we have seemingly spunked away on Cunningham.
    I don't think he is anywhere near a £4 million player when I have seen him and in no way an upgrade on Bennett.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Bennett is alright for me.
    A lot of times he is exposed by those around him making mistakes. Last night it was Bamba.
    If Bamba doesn't go walkabout and lose the ball then we don't have to try to make last ditch challenges while caught out of position.

The biggest shame for me when considering Bennett is the £4 million we have seemingly spunked away on Cunningham.
    I don't think he is anywhere near a £4 million player when I have seen him and in no way an upgrade on Bennett.
    If Bennett got injured though who would we play there?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I think Bennett had one of his best game of the season. I liked seeing him play the ball to Niasse down the line.
    Best game I've seen him play by far last night. Sorry to hear of his bereavement. Niasse was really good up front and the whole team looked good.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post

You could say that about every single one of our players . I don't think even Huddersfield would take more than 2 of our players

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    You could say that about every single one of our players . I don't think even Huddersfield would take more than 2 of our players
    And one of those is on loan.