+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Performance gives hope, but the truth is that Cardiff City’s dreadful January continues.

Performance gives hope, but the truth is that Cardiff City’s dreadful January continues.

Re: Performance gives hope, but the truth is that Cardiff City’s dreadful January continues.

We are relegated. We are down. We are not staying up.

Re: Performance gives hope, but the truth is that Cardiff City’s dreadful January continues.

Is Manga really our player of the season???

I have never seen a footballer so lacking in ability to pass a football. He is utterly pants technically and clumsy as a defender. I do not rate Manga at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBee'sKnees View Post

I have never seen a footballer so lacking in ability to pass a football. He is utterly pants technically and clumsy as a defender. I do not rate Manga at all.
    TBH I feel the same ........ As soon as the ball is anywhere near him my heart goes into my throat (Not Technical at all and very clumsy) - My personal opinion

Tha Anatomy of the Penalty:

- Bamba (the sweeper in the middle of the back three) lost possession up-field (the 2 goals resulted from these situations.
    - Peltier, the right-hand side centre back who should have covered the attack, was out of position
    - Manga, who played on the left of the back three, was left covering a situation where two of the three centrebacks were out of position

For me, considering he has played the whole season in an unfamiliar position he is a leading candidate, so far, for Player of the Season.

StT.
    <><

We are relegated. We are down. We are not staying up.
    I would never say that until it is mathematically certain, but last night did feel a bit like a watershed moment as, despite playing well, we lost (which wasn't necessarily a surprise but made all the more disappointing because of the fact that the team played so well) and all of our other rivals, bar Huddersfield, made up points on us, from unlikely situations. And it could have been worse if United hadn't scored twice in the final 5 minutes against Burnley.

It felt as if everything conspired against us, which hasn't happened before this season, I don't think.

That said, if the team plays like that, and we can get Morrison back to shore up the defence, we still have time and the games against key opposition, to stay up.

But obviously, we need to start picking up points in key games and if that doesn't start happening soon, with Burnley and Southampton showing some form (and hopefully not Fulham and Newcastle), the job is going to get harder and harder and our chances slimmer and slimmer.

I'd never give up hope until we are actually relegated. There are lots of stories of teams getting out of trouble (e.g. Leicester - and look what they did the following season.....)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Tha Anatomy of the Penalty:

- Bamba (the sweeper in the middle of the back three) lost possession up-field (the 2 goals resulted from these situations.
    - Peltier, the right-hand side centre back who should have covered the attack, was out of position
    - Manga, who played on the left of the back three, was left covering a situation where two of the three centrebacks were out of position

For me, considering he has played the whole season in an unfamiliar position he is a leading candidate, so far, for Player of the Season.

StT.
    <><
    I agree with you that Bamba was indirectly responsible for both goals.

How anyone can see past Etheridge as our player of the season so far is beyond me!

Last night was not watershed. We were never likely to get anything from Arsenal but with results going against us this Saturday is a watershed moment. We need to beat Bournemouth.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Last night was not watershed. We were never likely to get anything from Arsenal but with results going against us this Saturday is a watershed moment. We need to beat Bournemouth.
    That is exactly why it was a watershed moment!

We could / should have got something from a game which we expected nothing from (er, just like Newcastle and Burnley did in fact). Plus other results conspired against us.

Arsenal were as bad (specifically at the back) as any team City have faced this season.

A decent team would have destroyed them.

The display was commendable in may ways but again showed the deficiencies all over the pitch of this current City squad.