+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 15 points (maybe 16) ... not impossible

15 points (maybe 16) ... not impossible

We know the effort & the will is there, it's the guile & the finish that's missing.

34 ~ 35 points still the projection for safety. We need 15 (maybe 16) points from these 10 games, 5 wins, 4 wins/3 draws, 3 wins/6 draws. It's very doable.

Everton, Watford, West Ham, Bournemouth, Palace at home

Wolves, Brighton, Burnley, Southampton, Fulham away

We might even pick up so bonus points against the remaining top 6 sides.

Lets stop fecking feeling sorry for ourselves and go for it!

Re: 15 points (maybe 16) ... not impossible

I think you are looking at this through rose tinted specs and are, whilst defiantly optimistic, a tad delusional.

It won't be too long before City are cut off from the likes of Burnley and Southampton.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    I think you are looking at this through rose tinted specs and are, whilst defiantly optimistic, a tad delusional.
    I understand & probably agree but I'm fed up of those who have thrown the towel in already & want to talk about the Championship. I feel the message coming from the club is starting to echo the "resigned to it" opinion as well.

In the reverse fixtures in those 10 games we won 4 & drew 1 (13 points), we lost by the odd goal against Everton, Watford & Burnley. We were in the game for 60 minutes against West Ham before imploding and like a rabbit in the headlights against Bournemouth.

This is my club. I've been addicted to it for 50 years. I cannot subscribe to the "prepare for the Championship" white flag brigade.

Optimism it is!

If we get 4 points from our next two games, it's game on. Anything less than 3 is an absolute disaster.

There's points to be had but no easy ones either. The midfield has to fight to protect the defence as much as it can we should have been getting points from scraping 1-0 not c9ming from behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    We know the effort & the will is there, it's the guile & the finish that's missing.

34 ~ 35 points still the projection for safety. We need 15 (maybe 16) points from these 10 games, 5 wins, 4 wins/3 draws, 3 wins/6 draws. It's very doable.

Everton, Watford, West Ham, Bournemouth, Palace at home

Wolves, Brighton, Burnley, Southampton, Fulham away

We might even pick up so bonus points against the remaining top 6 sides.

Lets stop fecking feeling sorry for ourselves and go for it!
    The teams in 15th, 16th and 17th places all have 23pts from 24 games which is as close as damn it to a point a game which would put them on 38pts, well closer to 38 than 37 anyway, the other thing to consider is teams fighting relegation will often pick up towards the end of the season as they have everything to play for and some opponents [mid table teams] have nothing to play for, its possible 34-35pts will be enough but I would say unless one of the teams currently up the relegation zone has a bad end of season then Cardiff might be looking at 38pts or 38pts plus - who knows.