+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THREAD

TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THREAD

Is it just me or is everybody else absolutely fed up of reading about our transfer rumors and speculations

https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Fo...e/Cardiff+City

The amount of players we've apparently put offers in for we could be looking to sign up to a dozen or so players

Where on earth do all these websites dig up most of this SHITE - Unless Agents are leaking info to news outlets to get their players in the News I don't know.

Are we going to sign another player or two before the deadline tomorrow night? - Only NW will know i suppose

Re: TRANSFER RUMORS

Players linked to us this transfer window

1) Patrick Schick - Roma
    2) Almany Toure - Monaco
    3) Jordan D'Ambrosio - FC Sochaux
    4) Edgar Le' - Lille
    5) Zeki Celik - Lille
    6) Charlie Austin - Southampton
    7) Yannick Bolasie - Everton
    8) Loic Remy - Lille
    9) Vincent Janssen - Tottenham
    10) Adrien Tameze - Nice
    11) Wesely Moras - Club Brugge
    12) Kelvin Amian - Toulouse
    13) Victor Moses - Chelsea
    14) Glen Kamara - Dundee
    15) Nathaniel Clyne - Liverpool
    16) Ivan Santini - Anderlecht
    17) Efe Ambrose - Hibs
    18) Kiril Despodov - CSKA Sofia
    19) Clinton N'Jie - Marselle
    20) Mbwana Samatta - Genk
    21) Alejandro Gomez - Atalanta
    22) Lucas Alarino - Bayer Leverkusen

23) Oumar Niasse - Everton - SIGNED ON LOAN

Not sure but I might of missed one or two

Josh Maja, Ozan Kabak.

Free Agents

Given that Hoilett and Bamba both came in as free agents in January, are there any free agents out there that could do a job?

A quick look shows a few "interesting" options:

Yohan Cabaye - quality midfielder, 33 years old, huge wages

Lacina Taore - 6' 8" target man!!, premier league experience, win ALL the headers, terrible scoring record

Marko Petkovic - Right Back, Serbian international, previous interest from British clubs.

I was a little disappointed we didn't go in for Josh Maja. Maybe not the proven top level goalscorer we needed but he's got all the attributes at a young age has scored plenty at the level he was at and by the looks of things went for a tiny fee on relatively low wages.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    I was a little disappointed we didn't go in for Josh Maja. Maybe not the proven top level goalscorer we needed but he's got all the attributes at a young age has scored plenty at the level he was at and by the looks of things went for a tiny fee on relatively low wages.
    Same here, I see he said he turned down Premier League clubs because he didn't think he'd get first team football with them so it's just possible that we did put in an offer for him, but I must say that, sadly, we've stopped making this sort of signing under Neil Warnock.

Charlie Austin being linked on loan on talksport this morning, despite us already having 2 loans from pl clubs

I get the feeling we ain’t gonna sign nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Charlie Austin being linked on loan on talksport this morning, despite us already having 2 loans from pl clubs
    Austin has been told he can leave Southampton. He will be a free agent. Not a loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Austin has been told he can leave Southampton. He will be a free agent. Not a loan.
    I'd take him in a heartbeat

Re: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'd take him in a heartbeat
    Absolutely. Did he work with NW at QPR as well?

Peter Crouch to sign for Burnley on a permanent deal.

Meanwhile making Jonny Otto an £18m permanent signing afterbeing on loan since the summer.

Peter Crouch to sign for Burnley on a permanent deal.

Meanwhile making Jonny Otto an £18m permanent signing afterbeing on loan since the summer.
    Sam Vokes from Burnley to Stoke

If Southampton are making Austin a free agent then my immediate reaction would be what's the catch? I've seen him getting a lot of stick from Southampton fans for his lack of movement, but the difference between him and someone like Gary Madine is that he has a history of scoring goals on a very regular basis in the top two divisions. At twenty nine, he should be at or not too far past his peak - wages may be a problem I suppose?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Same here, I see he said he turned down Premier League clubs because he didn't think he'd get first team football with them so it's just possible that we did put in an offer for him, but I must say that, sadly, we've stopped making this sort of signing under Neil Warnock.
    Having said that, this is a link for that very type of player - he plays on the left though apparently, so I'd say it's probably a non starter.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...ll_348761.html

Re: Vincent Janssen Latest rumour

He would be ideal but SSN yesterday reported the deal with Real Betis was almost done. He would be a good signing though.

Re: Free Agents

Lacina Traore would be an interesting move, but I don't think you can really say he's got premier league experience. He played one game for Everton and got injured and returned to his club.
    Would be a gamble, as scoring record isn't great, and there have even been questions about his reall age, but surely we are at the point of making gambles now.

Wales Online are also linking us with Charlie Austin. If fellow relegation rivals Southampton are prepared to allow him to come to us that proves he is useless. Looks as though all the people we are linked with will not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    He would be ideal but SSN yesterday reported the deal with Real Betis was almost done. He would be a good signing though.
    My Spurs supporting brother in law described him as Vincent Van Useless who couldn't score in a brothel.

Re: Free Agents

Roll the dice. Get them all in on short term deals. See where we are in the summer. No brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    My Spurs supporting brother in law described him as Vincent Van Useless who couldn't score in a brothel.
    He scored a lot of goals in Holland and a good average in Turkey. That record prompted Spurs to pay £17m for him. While he is no Harry Kane he is likely to be a lot better than anything else we have and could flourish under a new manager. It's a gamble but worth a punt but it won't happen.

Betis is a loan move, presumably we would have to make a permanent move

He's played 17 times for the Netherlands and scored 7 times so he can't be completely terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    If it was a choice of THESE 2, I would prefer Austin, as it looks as though he tries at least.