+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THREAD

Re: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    A aircraft did arrive at Cardiff this morning then left to humberside and returned to Cardiff at 15.15.

rudy gestede turns down millwall... good lad

burnley looking to get peter crouch... shocking we should have grabbed him for 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    burnley looking to get peter crouch... shocking we should have grabbed him for 6 months
    Crouch isn’t even good enough in the championship his legs have gone

Its part of a deal with Sam Vokes, how would we have grabbed him.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...n-deadline-day

Cardiff target Almamy Toure joins Frankfurt from Monaco on Deadline Day
    By Sky Sports News
    Last Updated: 31/01/19 3:42pm

Cardiff target Almamy Toure has joined Frankfurt in the Bundesliga on Deadline Day, according to Sky in Germany.

Sky Sports News understands the Bluebirds were in talks for the 22-year-old Monaco right-back but he has since opted for a move to Germany.

Toure came through the ranks at the Ligue 1 side, but has made just five appearances this season and was due to be out of contract at the end of the campaign.

He has played 80 times for Monaco in total, including 15 in Ligue 1 during the 2016/17 season, when they won the title.

Cardiff manager Neil Warnock said after his side's 2-1 defeat at Arsenal on Tuesday he wanted to sign a "a couple of defenders" before the January transfer deadline on Thursday.

He said: "We need a couple of defenders to supplement the squad, because we are short in numbers there.

"We are working hard behind the scenes to try and bring one or two in."

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You obviously think that NW is going around deliberately signing shit players already, by the comments you have made previously about Bacuna and others.
    I wish it was deliberate, that way he'd have an excuse.

As jon says our manager is recognised as very good motivator, so it cannot be ruled out that he can get Bacuna playing at levels not seen from him in years, but is it likely? I have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    As jon says our manager is recognised as very good motivator, so it cannot be ruled out that he can get Bacuna playing at levels not seen from him in years, but is it likely? I have my doubts.
    Was it a QPR fan who said that we should expect underwhelming signings which would surprise us. Well, we are probably due one so will wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    Was it a QPR fan who said that we should expect underwhelming signings which would surprise us. Well, we are probably due one so will wait and see.
    Yes they did. At the moment, I'd say that Neil Warnock's time at Cardiff could well end up being remembered for some good signings of that type, but some pretty hopeless ones when he was given big money (by our standards) to spend.

bacuna done deal

bacuna done deal
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...is-a-bluebird/

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    4 and a half year deal? For a panic buy that isn’t a regular in Reading’s side. I can’t find the words.

Four and a half year deal?? Not sure about that.

bacuna mattata!

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I get the feeling we ain’t gonna sign nobody.
    not bothered ,lets not waste our money and regroup in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    Four and a half year deal?? Not sure about that.
    nice hair

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    4 and a half year deal? For a panic buy that isn’t a regular in Reading’s side. I can’t find the words.
    Now now mr negative he could be the next Ronaldo for all you know

“A few weeks ago, I was made aware of some interest and it has all gone from there. I’m very happy and looking forward to getting started.

“Every game I play I give 100%, and I’ll be fighting hard to help our team. I’ve played against the manager and you can see he always wants to win. He is so passionate. It’s going to be great to work underneath him and hopefully he will push me on as a player.”

Leandro Bacuna

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I have aspirations to continue watching and enjoy supporting the team I have followed for over 50 years, which is obviously something way beyond the ability of some people. My job is to go and watch the games and support the team and club, not set myself up as knowing better than the manager and continually criticise him and the players he signs. Also you wouldnt actually like to be proved wrong about Bacuna would you - you are desperate to be proved right, so that you can say 'I told you so'. Every time I challenge someone on here, it is the same six or seven people that have a go back at me and it is no surprise that these are people that are the most negative posters.
    The only time I’m desperate to be proved right is when I’m proving my mrs wrong how can you be so naive did you think the club was wrong to sack any manager we’ve ever had?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFLA View Post
    A aircraft did arrive at Cardiff this morning then left to humberside and returned to Cardiff at 15.15.
    Several rumours on Twitter that this is Assombolonga and that Pulis wants rid.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Now now mr negative he could be the next Ronaldo for all you know
    I’d love to be wrong but that’s a massive contract. We signed Murphy and Reid to 4 year deals, so I can’t work out why we give someone who definitely wasn’t our first choice a bumper deal.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Several rumours on Twitter that this is Assombolonga and that Pulis wants rid.
    He wouldn't be my first choice, but I wouldn't be against signing him for the right price. I've seen enough of him to think he's got the raw material to be good enough for a relegation threatened team like us. Fast, strong, not too shabby in the air.

I think his price tag when he signed for Boro was ridiculous for a Championship player and he could never have lived up to it at a pragmatic team like them (Karanka and Pulisball).

Could be an interesting one.

Danny Williams signed for u23s.... ?

https://clwbpeldroed.org/2019/01/31/...anny-williams/

English Premier League side Cardiff City have signed Haverfordwest County attacker Danny Williams.

The 18-year-old will become a part of Cardiff City’s Under-23s squad, which is managed by former Llanelli AFC manager Andy Legg and former Port Talbot Town boss Jarred Harvey.

This season, Williams has started 18 matches, scoring 18 goals. He led the way in the Division One top scorer’s charts, scoring 12 goals before his departure.

The midfielder previously captained the Welsh Colleges side and played for Wales at Under-18s level. His previous Welsh League experience game with Goytre United and Pontardawe Town.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He wouldn't be my first choice, but I wouldn't be against signing him for the right price. I've seen enough of him to think he's got the raw material to be good enough for a relegation threatened team like us. Fast, strong, not too shabby in the air.

I think his price tag when he signed for Boro was ridiculous for a Championship player and he could never have lived up to it at a pragmatic team like them (Karanka and Pulisball).

Could be an interesting one.
    Exactly what I think of it

Definitely worth a gamble