+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THREAD

Re: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THREAD

Bonatini joins Forest on loan from Wolves. Could have been one for us.

Sky news reporting that Cardiff unlikely to do any more business today.

Wrap it up, folks. Championship here we come.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Bonatini joins Forest on loan from Wolves. Could have been one for us.
    He hasn't scored a league goal since 4th December 2017. He's scored one since then, in the League cup this season.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Danny Williams signed for u23s.... ?

https://clwbpeldroed.org/2019/01/31/...anny-williams/

English Premier League side Cardiff City have signed Haverfordwest County attacker Danny Williams.

The 18-year-old will become a part of Cardiff City’s Under-23s squad, which is managed by former Llanelli AFC manager Andy Legg and former Port Talbot Town boss Jarred Harvey.

This season, Williams has started 18 matches, scoring 18 goals. He led the way in the Division One top scorer’s charts, scoring 12 goals before his departure.

The midfielder previously captained the Welsh Colleges side and played for Wales at Under-18s level. His previous Welsh League experience game with Goytre United and Pontardawe Town.
    Missed this

18 in 18 games, impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He hasn't scored a league goal since 4th December 2017. He's scored one since then, in the League cup this season.
    Better than Madine then.

Seriously though, is he better than what we have? I'd say he is.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    The only time I’m desperate to be proved right is when I’m proving my mrs wrong how can you be so naive did you think the club was wrong to sack any manager we’ve ever had?
    No, of course not but you are criticising and apparently advocating the sacking of, a bloke who has picked this club up by its boot straps in the last two years and given us all our pride back in the team. He should be given the freedom of the City for what he has done but all he gets is continual criticism and people telling him how to do his job. You have set yourself up as judge, jury and executioner in his case, you are not the only one of course but he deserves more respect and backing especially after the last two weeks. People that were totally predudiced against him before he came here refuse to acknowledge anything good he does. I trust his decision making and will back the team and his decisions until the end of the season and beyond, no matter what happens.

Leicester signing Tielsman great signing if they pull that off

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    He would be ideal but SSN yesterday reported the deal with Real Betis was almost done. He would be a good signing though.
    Now reporting Betis deal is off. Could we nip in and get him?

Leicester signing Tielsman great signing if they pull that off
    Unreal signing, why hasn’t it worked out for him at Monaco ?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    No, of course not but you are criticising and apparently advocating the sacking of, a bloke who has picked this club up by its boot straps in the last two years and given us all our pride back in the team. He should be given the freedom of the City for what he has done but all he gets is continual criticism and people telling him how to do his job. You have set yourself up as judge, jury and executioner in his case, you are not the only one of course but he deserves more respect and backing especially after the last two weeks. People that were totally predudiced against him before he came here refuse to acknowledge anything good he does. I trust his decision making and will back the team and his decisions until the end of the season and beyond, no matter what happens.
    I agree he should probably have a statue outside the stadium, I’m not saying we should sack him but I don’t agree with some of his tactics and player selection his player transfers are very questionable he seems to pick a gem out for free but spending money has been very poor. I know you think I’m being negative but the club comes before anyone even Warnock and if it makes the club better I would want us to take it

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Monaco have been a shitshow all season... I don't think any of their players have shown their true ability.

Can't believe that he's going to Leicester and not a team in the Champions League though.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think he has an attitude problem, being so young and told you’re the next best midfielder probably went to his head

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    Now reporting Betis deal is off. Could we nip in and get him?
    £15M, straight sale (that's what Spurs want)

Sky reporting Jack McKay from our u23s to Chesterfield (loan)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    £15M, straight sale (that's what Spurs want)
    If rumours are true, we offered €20m for Wesley. So we could afford the £15m IF that was the case.

I agree he should probably have a statue outside the stadium, I’m not saying we should sack him but I don’t agree with some of his tactics and player selection his player transfers are very questionable he seems to pick a gem out for free but spending money has been very poor. I know you think I’m being negative but the club comes before anyone even Warnock and if it makes the club better I would want us to take it
    His tactics got us promotion last season. Everyone had us as favourites to go down this year with a record low points total but here we are still fighting. He has adapted tactics this season and we have played better football. People use Madines purchase as a stick to beat him with but we were desperate for a striker at the time and the fact remains that we got promotion after he arrived, so the £6m fee was worth every penny and fully recouped in the circumstances and he contributed with assists. Tomlin not turning up wasn't NW's fault and I have every faith that Murphy and Reid will come good. If players like Sam Vokes are costing £7-8m then I think it gives a good indication that the fees we have been paying are not excessive. I dont understand why we cant just enjoy this season and see where it takes us.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Sky reporting Jack McKay from our u23s to Chesterfield (loan)
    https://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/ne...signs-on-loan/

Chesterfield have signed striker Jack McKay on loan from Cardiff City, subject to receiving international clearance.

McKay, who will spend the rest of the season at the Proact, said: "I'm a hard-working striker and I can't wait to get started."

The 22-year-old started his career at Doncaster Rovers. After making a handful of appearances for the South Yorkshire club, he joined Leeds United.

While at Leeds, McKay had a spell on loan at Airdrie before moving to Cardiff a year ago following an extended trial.

Stefan Johansen being linked with a move to West Brom. I'd love to see him here, a classy midfielder.

BREAKING NEWS

Vincent Janssen's proposed loan move from Tottenham to Real Betis is definitely OFF, Sky Sports News understands.

Looks like that's about it then....

The Assombalonga link seems to have gone quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Stefan Johansen being linked with a move to West Brom. I'd love to see him here, a classy midfielder.
    Busy little player who can play a bit too. Would have been a good addition with one eye on next year.

Takes a mean free kick too. No, hang on, we don't need that now.

Heisenberg

Did someone say "free kick"?!

Palace have pulled off a deal for Batshuayi. Think they will pull away from us.
    I can't see anything but us dropping out of the league given the two players we have brought in during this transfer window.