+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THREAD

Re: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THREAD

Leandro Bacuna from Reading. Medical done apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Peter Crouch to sign for Burnley on a permanent deal.
    Burnley going for a surprising change of tactics, then

Re: Vincent Janssen Latest rumour

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    If it was a choice of THESE 2, I would prefer Austin, as it looks as though he tries at least.
    Me too, I would take Austin in a heartbeat. I can't believe he's not getting game time. Always looks like there's a goal in him whenever he plays.

Sky Sports: 10:48am

CARDIFF HOPE TO MAKE TWO SIGNINGS

Our man James Cole is at Cardiff City's training ground with the club hoping to make at least two signings on Deadline Day.

"They have been talking with Monaco about Almamy Toure, the right-back. That has gone quiet and is looking less likely.

"They want a midfielder and they are being linked with strikers.

"Charlie Austin is the latest, but Cardiff already have two players on loan from English clubs, which is the limit. So any move from an English club would have to be permanent. It’s more likely they bring in a player from overseas and that will be a loan."

Sam Vokes from Burnley to Stoke
    Vokes costing Stoke £10m + Crouch

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Not3s View Post
    Leandro Bacuna from Reading. Medical done apparently.
    Certainly looks like it according to this -
    https://www.football.london/reading-...-news-15757156

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Certainly looks like it according to this -
    https://www.football.london/reading-...-news-15757156
    He's 100% in Cardiff. Not sure at what stage.

Wonder if the heavy snow later will scupper any potential deals?

LEANDRO BACUNA [READING] ... CITY TALKS ... £3m

Leandro Bacuna

On his way, according to Sky. I know we shouldn't judge before he's even signed but Jesus Christ.

Leandro Bacuna

apparently.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/3...es-zeki-celik/

Premier League strugglers Cardiff City have identified another Ligue 1 right-back target - Turkish international Celik.

Zeki Celik of Lille during the French League 1 match between Lille v Olympique Lyon at the Stade Pierre Mauroy on December 1, 2018 in Lille France

Cardiff City have made an £8 million bid to sign Lille ace Zeki Celik before the January transfer deadline, according to Le 10 Sport.

With just hours left in the window, The Bluebirds are in a race against time as they look to finally bring a new right-back to South Wales.

And despite entering talks with Monaco over a potential deal for Almamy Toure, according to Sky Sports, it seems that Cardiff are also focusing their attention on another Ligue 1 defender.

Looks like we're trying to spend some money.

Austin is real, I still think it be too expensive. Though the kind of player we should be after as if we go down he could score goals in Championship.

Re: TRANSFER RUMORS

Austin has been told he can leave Southampton. He will be a free agent. Not a loan.
    Not sure he will be a free agent, as Hasenhuttl has said he can leave, but is also welcome to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    Not sure he will be a free agent, as Hasenhuttl has said he can leave, but is also welcome to stay.
    £8m apparently, there definitely was a medical yesterday afternoon, but if its for a right back, midfielder or striker I have no idea. Personally i think it is baccuna from reading!

Isn't Charlie Austin permanently injured?

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    £8m apparently, there definitely was a medical yesterday afternoon, but if its for a right back, midfielder or striker I have no idea. Personally i think it is baccuna from reading!
    No there wasn't. Bacuna didnt get here until late yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    OK, maybe down to the wording of it. The impression I got was that he would be allowedto leave, I didn't think a fee was going to be involved but I may be totally wrong :homer:

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    No there wasn't. Bacuna didnt get here until late yesterday.
    Apparently he was on his way down early this morning, so I already surmised that it was someone else having a medical yesterday afternoon!

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Apparently he was on his way down early this morning, so I already surmised that it was someone else having a medical yesterday afternoon!
    There wasn't a medical yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ-YJQ_Hejs

I was in the stand to the left for that goal - bastard .

Would bring quality dead ball delivery and can play in a few different positions, but, although you can't blame him entirely of course, the two sides he has played for in this country have definitely got worse while he has been there.

Quotes on Bacuna from the Hobnob Reading messageboard;-

"Which 4 would you class as our best players on current form ? Bacuna may slip in there but the others ?"

"whether it gets reinvested or not, 3m (and reportedly doubling our money) on Bacuna is too good to be true
    I liked him, but too inconsistent and far too likely to do something stupid. I expect Cardiff's hands were bitten off"

"3 million for Bacuna great business."

"£3m?! Is Nicky Hammond back? That's a right mugging"

"Erratic but decent on his better days."

"Am really surprised Cardiff have come in for Bacuna - he's shown nothing of late to suggest he'd make an impact in the PL."

Re: Leandro Bacuna

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    On his way, according to Sky. I know we shouldn't judge before he's even signed but Jesus Christ.
    I agree, feels very underwhelming and overpriced

I mentioned Bacuna to the Villa fans at work, 15 minutes later & they're still laughing. Lazy, unable to pass & no end product, not good enough for the Championship, would not get into the current Villa team. Zero positive words. Forgot goes AWOL for most of the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I mentioned Bacuna to the Villa fans at work, 15 minutes later & they're still laughing. Lazy, unable to pass & no end product, not good enough for the Championship, would not get into the current Villa team. Zero positive words. Forgot goes AWOL for most of the game!
    We have signed loads of players who were supposed to be great but turned out to be shite. So I’ve no reason to believe the opposite can’t be true. And in any case he’s a bluebird now.