+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THREAD

Re: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You're essentially saying that we're not allowed to form opinions on players despite seeing them play loads of times previously. We all hope that any player that signs for us performs well, but if we've seen them previously and they haven't looked great, are we not allowed to say that?
    NO

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Dan James heading to Leeds with some asset stripping down at Swansea

Bid for Roberts?

McBurnie please.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    How is it illogical to have seen a player play quite a few times and then say you don’t think he’s good enough?

It’s nothing to do with “not liking” them ffs.
    You are replying to a post directed to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Thats the trouble with this board. There are a number of people who set themselves up as experts in team management and coaching matters and obviously think that they know better than the club staff, which is laughable really and couldnt be further from the truth. I prefer to give every player we sign the opportunity to show us how good they are first

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    McBurnie please.
    Throw Rodon and Roberts in too. Pillage them.

How about welcoming him to the club and wishing him well. Radical idea I know but why not try it - it may make you feel better (but I doubt it).
    I feel great mate thanks for the concern, I hope he comes to Cardiff and does well. I don’t think he’s good enough to improve us.

You are replying to a post directed to someone else.
    You should be on a register

Heisenberg

And you think that I am being illogical. What is illogical is writing off a player that hasnt kicked a ball for us yet, just because you dont like him. I know that you have a record for this type of thing, so I bow to your superior knowledge and interlect.
    "because you don't like him"

It's nothing to do with liking him or not, that's just childish. People are simply saying that, judging on his performances for the last few seasons, that he doesn't look anywhere near good enough for the Premier League. That's an observation and an opinion formed by actually watching him play. It also appears to be a similar opinion held by fans of his previous and current club's fans, which should be taken into account.

You have already formed your own opinion of him from a video of him scoring a free kick about 6 years ago and the fact that Neil Warnock is signing him. That's fine, but you can't then have a go at other posters for having a difference of opinion.

I’d love to see who the shittest player we could sign and dml would still try and put a positive spin on it.

Jon Parkin for 5 million is good because the coaching staff have identified him and he scored a volley against Norwich!

I’d love to see who the shittest player we could sign and dml would still try and put a positive spin on it.

Jon Parkin for 5 million is good because the coaching staff have identified him and he scored a volley against Norwich!
    Saw him in revs a couple years ago. Bit of a shit swig he was, to my surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I don't think Bacuna is rushing over to CCMB to find out if he has been welcomed to the club or not.
    How do you know that ?. Its already been confirmed that players and management do follow the message board sites. However, my argument is that players are continually written off before they kick a ball for us, which is totally unfair. Its about people trying to make it look as if they are experts on these matters, whereas they actually know as much (or as little) as everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    McBurnie please.
    McBurnie, Rodon and Roberts

Throw in Potter for when Neil retires while they're at it

Thats the trouble with this board. There are a number of people who set themselves up as experts in team management and coaching matters and obviously think that they know better than the club staff, which is laughable really and couldnt be further from the truth. I prefer to give every player we sign the opportunity to show us how good they are first.
    Football is not rocket science you just like to bury your head in the sand and everything would be alright, don’t you have any aspirations in life? Or do you just think he’s done that he must be better than me. I would love to be wrong but signing bacuna from a side that is heading for league 1 is just desperation imo it’s just adding another average player who we will struggle to get off the books

You obviously think that NW is going around deliberately signing shit players already, by the comments you have made previously about Bacuna and others.

I think the point is that every new player starts with a fresh slate. I can see that it is not the most.... logical signing but he's a bluebird now so let's give him a chance.

You obviously think that NW is going around deliberately signing shit players already, by the comments you have made previously about Bacuna and others.
    I think he’s made some good signings, I rate Murphy and Reid. And Camerasa and Arter have been really good signings.

I thought Madine was a bag of shite and he was. I think Bacuna is bang average and I hope he proves me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I think the point is that every new player starts with a fresh slate. I can see that it is not the most.... logical signing but he's a bluebird now so let's give him a chance.
    I’ll gjve him a chance, I’m not going to boo him or call him a **** like. But I can express an opinion that I don’t think he’s good enough.

Would we be giving Warren Feeney a clean slate if we signed him today? The point of a messageboard is discussion. Players who’ve made it at the top level are mentally strong enough to not be affected by the opinions of a few messageboard losers like us.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/cardiff-ma...ema-rodriguez/

Cardiff have made an offer for Levante defender Chema Rodriguez

Cardiff City seem to be very keen on a defender today.

Earlier on Thursday we covered a claim from France that the Welsh club have made a €9m offer for Zeki Çelik. Lille have knocked that offer back, and it was explained Cardiff were unlikely to return because the player doesn’t have an EU passport.

It would appear that after being refused on that track, Cardiff then turned their attention to Spain and Chema Rodriguez.

Chema is a 26 year old Spanish defender currently playing for Levante, and he has a contract lasting until June 2020.

Super Deporte report Cardiff have made an approach for the player, but have been refused.

It’s explained the Premier League club originally wanted a loan, and then continued their efforts for a transfer, but Chema isn’t keen.

Whilst the financial proposal from Cardiff was tempting, he doesn’t fancying being in a relegation battle.

On to the next one.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...it_348829.html

Aron Gunnarsson is reportedly close to agreeing a deal to leave Cardiff City this summer after eight years with the club.
    The 29-year-old is out of contract in the Welsh capital at the end of the season, leaving him free to talk to foreign clubs about a free transfer.

According to The Sun, the Icelandic midfielder has received "lucrative" offers from clubs in Qatar and Saudi Arabia and is expected to sign a pre-contract with his chosen destination in short order.

After missing the start of the campaign due to a knee injury, Gunnarsson has gone on to feature in 17 Premier League games since October as Neil Warnock's side battle to avoid relegation.

Gunnarsson joined Cardiff from Coventry City in 2011, during which time he has made more than 270 appearances for the club and helped them win promotion to the Premier League twice.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Football is not rocket science you just like to bury your head in the sand and everything would be alright, don’t you have any aspirations in life? Or do you just think he’s done that he must be better than me. I would love to be wrong but signing bacuna from a side that is heading for league 1 is just desperation imo it’s just adding another average player who we will struggle to get off the books
    I have aspirations to continue watching and enjoy supporting the team I have followed for over 50 years, which is obviously something way beyond the ability of some people. My job is to go and watch the games and support the team and club, not set myself up as knowing better than the manager and continually criticise him and the players he signs. Also you wouldnt actually like to be proved wrong about Bacuna would you - you are desperate to be proved right, so that you can say 'I told you so'. Every time I challenge someone on here, it is the same six or seven people that have a go back at me and it is no surprise that these are people that are the most negative posters.

What are we seeing here.

We have seen a transfer window where many players have been rumored we have seen £8m bids for full backs made, and rumours of large bids for midfielders and Forwards

I cant say im excited by Bacuna, but is he one of many balls in the air, his signing has not been confirmed. Is he lined up if everything else doesnt come off. Or is he being lined up to move money to another target in another area of the squad.

Or is it the case he is our only signing.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    What are we seeing here.

We have seen a transfer window where many players have been rumored we have seen £8m bids for full backs made, and rumours of large bids for midfielders and Forwards

I cant say im excited by Bacuna, but is he one of many balls in the air, his signing has not been confirmed. Is he lined up if everything else doesnt come off. Or is he being lined up to move money to another target in another area of the squad.

Or is it the case he is our only signing.
    This.

I have aspirations to continue watching and enjoy supporting the team I have followed for over 50 years, which is obviously something way beyond the ability of some people. My job is to go and watch the games and support the team and club, not set myself up as knowing better than the manager and continually criticise him and the players he signs. Also you wouldnt actually like to be proved wrong about Bacuna would you - you are desperate to be proved right, so that you can say 'I told you so'. Every time I challenge someone on here, it is the same six or seven people that have a go back at me and it is no surprise that these are people that are the most negative posters.
    I don’t think anyone on here is particularly negative though. People are just giving honest opinions at face value and you think they’re too negative.

You need to understand that the people offering alternative opinions to you do go and watch and enjoy the games and support the team. That doesn’t mean they can’t have a discussion about if a player is good enough or not on here.

How boring would it be if people just posted “great signing” in every thread about a new signing, whether they thought it or not?

The Bacuna signing (if it happens) does not excite me, but he seems like a player who has lost his way having been fairly exciting earlier in his career (with Groningen, Dutch age-group teams and initially with Villa).

Neil Warnock has a well-earned reputation for getting that type of player firing again.

He is only 27, has height (6' 2") and can cover a number of positions. A £3m fee seems on the high side - but so are all fees in January.

If he is fit and fired up by Warnock is he a better option than Peltier, Richards, Connolly or Damour in the 25? Probably better than at least one of them.