+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THREAD

Re: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Out of all the teams around us who do you think has done the best business?
    I'd agree with Batshuayi.

Think he will get them the goals they need to keep them up.

I think the dark horse of all the signings is Crouch at Burnley and think he will be a handful. The type of signing I hoped we would pull off. I obviously couldn't see us spending £15 million but hoped for something up top at least but it is crying over spilt milk now and we have to go with what we have got.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Busy little player who can play a bit too. Would have been a good addition with one eye on next year.
    Joined West Brom on loan

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Palace with Batshuayi.
    I haven’t been impressed with him this season

The whole Sala tragedy has unfortunately pretty much done for us.
    We'll try and try but we're gone now I feel.
    Onwards and upwards boys, we're always the underdogs still the best fans in the league, let's show 'em in the remaining games come what may.
    Bloooooobirds!

All I have to say is thank **** it’s over ,

Fulham didn’t get their £12m right-back signing over the line. Couldn’t get through on the phone!

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Fulham didn’t get their £12m right-back signing over the line. Couldn’t get through on the phone!
    It's worse than that by the sounds of it:

"With four hours of the transfer window remaining, Fulham met Bordeaux’s £12million release clause for right-back Youssouf Sabaly, allowing the player to move to Craven Cottage.

However, Sky Sports News has learnt that despite a successful medical and repeated efforts by Fulham over four hours to make contact, Bordeaux failed to respond to any emails or phone calls from Fulham.

Release clauses are contractual agreements stating that if a club receives an offer of a certain amount, they have to let the player go.

The player may well have a claim for breach of contract with his club Bordeaux. However, Fulham’s efforts to sign a right-back in this window are at an end."

Shouldn't... but I will...

Difficult window even without the sad events of last week.

There's very little movement in the division that I feel that we would realistically be involved in. Batshuayi was never going to come here; so I'd rule him out. 38 year old Peter Crouch has scored 1 goal for Stoke this season in 23 appearances; and had scored 12 goals in his previous 70 Premier League games; I can imagine the reaction if we had signed a 38 year old striker from the Championship. If Southampton had got a striker in; I think we had a good chance of Charlie Austin; but again I'd question how much that was going to cost us.

It's no ideal, but it could've been worse. Bamba stayed, there was a big offer from another club in PL (as unbelievable that may be.. it's true!). If he had gone, we'd have been relegated as far as I'm concerned.

I'm still clinging onto the hope that Zohore turns up now for the back part of the season. He's apparently fit, and if events of past week or so haven't given him the nudge he needs nothing will.

Bacuna could be ideal, especially if we're going to try and use a wing-back system going forward.

Big month or so ahead of us now.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    It's worse than that by the sounds of it:

"With four hours of the transfer window remaining, Fulham met Bordeaux’s £12million release clause for right-back Youssouf Sabaly, allowing the player to move to Craven Cottage.

However, Sky Sports News has learnt that despite a successful medical and repeated efforts by Fulham over four hours to make contact, Bordeaux failed to respond to any emails or phone calls from Fulham.

Release clauses are contractual agreements stating that if a club receives an offer of a certain amount, they have to let the player go.

The player may well have a claim for breach of contract with his club Bordeaux. However, Fulham’s efforts to sign a right-back in this window are at an end."

Shouldn't... but I will...

Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post

There's very little movement in the division that I feel that we would realistically be involved in. Batshuayi was never going to come here; so I'd rule him out. 38 year old Peter Crouch has scored 1 goal for Stoke this season in 23 appearances; and had scored 12 goals in his previous 70 Premier League games; I can imagine the reaction if we had signed a 38 year old striker from the Championship. If Southampton had got a striker in; I think we had a good chance of Charlie Austin; but again I'd question how much that was going to cost us.

It's no ideal, but it could've been worse. Bamba stayed, there was a big offer from another club in PL (as unbelievable that may be.. it's true!). If he had gone, we'd have been relegated as far as I'm concerned.

I'm still clinging onto the hope that Zohore turns up now for the back part of the season. He's apparently fit, and if events of past week or so haven't given him the nudge he needs nothing will.

Bacuna could be ideal, especially if we're going to try and use a wing-back system going forward.

Good shout re. Zohore, if recent events haven’t convinced him that you’ve got one go at life he’s not got much motivation. His biggest tribute to the man who was brought in to do what he couldn’t/wouldn’t would be to throw himself into our relegation battle lock, stock & barrel. Let’s hope he realises this.

Shame.
    Wrong reply

Was the quoted price for Bamba more than we paid for Bacuna? I remember West Ham sniffing around him last January.

I agree about the window. It was going to be hard even without the Sala tragedy and the loss of all the time that went into his deal and the impact on the club after the plane disappeared. I said at the start of January that I thought Ken Zohore's form was going to be the most important factor in whether we stay up or not; not the number or quality of new signings we could likely get in January.

There are obviously weaknesses in the squad, but there are also strengths that haven't been used consistently - maybe because of fear of the opposition leading to a defensive and conservative approach when it wasn't needed? After a dreadful month on and off the pitch that Arsenal performance is a reminder of what we could do - certainly compete and maybe survive.

Was the quoted price for Bamba more than we paid for Bacuna? I remember West Ham sniffing around him last January.
    Yes. Substantially.

Yes. Substantially.
    Blimey. I may be wrong but I could see Sol adapting into a coaching position at the club. He's previously said he could see himself settling in the area and I think he'd make a good coach.

Harry Arter stayed as well.

Yes. Substantially.
    I know you can't say but it can't have been a top 6 team! No reason why a mid-table team would spend £5m+(?) on a 34-year old who isn't always the most reliable (as much as he's been great for us). So that leads me to think it must be a team in the relegation scrap, who see him as a talisman to organise their defence and drag themselves to safety. I'll go Fulham or Newcastle.

I know you can't say but it can't have been a top 6 team! No reason why a mid-table team would spend £5m+(?) on a 34-year old who isn't always the most reliable (as much as he's been great for us). So that leads me to think it must be a team in the relegation scrap, who see him as a talisman to organise their defence and drag themselves to safety. I'll go Fulham or Newcastle.
    Probably not far wrong there!!

Probably not far wrong there!!

Out of all the teams around us who do you think has done the best business?
    I guess you're only after one, but I think Palace, Fulham and Newcastle have done the best business. Don't know what I was expecting but circumstances aside I'm disappointed with the window, especially with Fulham getting Markovic on a free.

Is it just me or is everybody else absolutely fed up of reading about our transfer rumors and speculations

https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Fo...e/Cardiff+City

The amount of players we've apparently put offers in for we could be looking to sign up to a dozen or so players

Where on earth do all these websites dig up most of this SHITE - Unless Agents are leaking info to news outlets to get their players in the News I don't know.

Are we going to sign another player or two before the deadline tomorrow night? - Only NW will know i suppose

Found this about the January window. Seems to be on the money about what happened this January.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8757486.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    I guess you're only after one, but I think Palace, Fulham and Newcastle have done the best business. Don't know what I was expecting but circumstances aside I'm disappointed with the window, especially with Fulham getting Markovic on a free.
    Is Markovic any good? I just checked his stats and he has scored 6 goals in the past 5 years and has played for 5 clubs during that period.

Heisenberg

Is Markovic any good? I just checked his stats and he has scored 6 goals in the past 5 years and has played for 5 clubs during that period.
    No. He was signed for £20m on the back of a good season for Benfica and never showed any promise in the PL. He looked ok for a couple of games at wing back when he played for Hull under Marco Silva, but was completely outshone by Grosicki... who is still at Hull.

He has probably signed as a wing back for Fulham, which is great news for us as he can't do the defensive side, which is their biggest problem. Nothing to be worried about here, guys

Seems Ibrahim Meite was released last month and has now signed a permanent deal with Crawley Town

https://www.westsussextoday.co.uk/sp...iker-1-8794647

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Seems Ibrahim Meite was released last month and has now signed a permanent deal with Crawley Town

https://www.westsussextoday.co.uk/sp...iker-1-8794647
    That can't be right... wasn't he linked with a couple of Premier League teams and Spartak Moscow?