+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THREAD

Re: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Sam Vokes from Burnley to Stoke
    I'd have settled for Vokes.

Vincent Janssen still out there. He must be desperate to get away.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Palace have pulled off a deal for Batshuayi. Think they will pull away from us.
    I can't see anything but us dropping out of the league given the two players we have brought in during this transfer window.
    How the **** they pull that off? West Ham & Betis declined because of £160k a week demand according to Sky. If Palace are paying that, we really are out of our depth

Can't blame the club for not spending big after whats happened.

Just hope (if/when) we go its fighting and with a plan for next season already in mind.

Only an hour left until the doom mongers can confirm our relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by TeesBlue View Post
    That was confirmed on May 6th after our promotion wasn’t it?

It seems we have come out of this with a loan striker and a midfielder that we may well play at right back.

Are you happy with our business in this window? Sala aside.

When we needed a big transfer window it seems two of our rivals have strengthened better than we have. Fulham and Palace that is.

We are odds on to go down with or without more signings.

Palace have pulled off a deal for Batshuayi. Think they will pull away from us.
    I can't see anything but us dropping out of the league given the two players we have brought in during this transfer window.
    I’m surprised betis was in for him he’s been poor for Valencia

Are you happy with our business in this window? Sala aside.

When we needed a big transfer window it seems two of our rivals have strengthened better than we have. Fulham and Palace that is.
    I'd have preferred better quality coming in and the Sala incident couldn't have been foreseen. We'll never know if he was any better than Ken. Spending a fortune in the summer did Fulham no good at all, they're still below us unless you hadn't noticed, so no, I'd rather not spunk £100 million quid on a gamble of staying up.

I'd have preferred better quality coming in and the Sala incident couldn't have been foreseen. We'll never know if he was any better than Ken. Spending a fortune in the summer did Fulham no good at all, they're still below us unless you hadn't noticed, so no, I'd rather not spunk £100 million quid on a gamble of staying up.
    Who mentioned £100 million?

I asked if, Sala aside, you were happy with our dealings? It seems you are not but have turned my question into something else and suggesting I in some way implied we should spend £100 million.

For what it is worth I did not. I at least expected us to sort out the areas that needed most work even if going with Niasse up front after the Sala incident is in some ways understandable.

For what it is worth I did not. I at least expected us to sort out the areas that needed most work even if going with Niasse up front after the Sala incident is in some ways understandable.
    So who were you hoping for at right-back?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Connor Roberts

An actual right back would have been nice.

Are you saying there isn't a right back available for £3 million that would not be available on Bacuna's wage on a 4.5 year deal?

8 mins left ............

An actual right back would have been nice.

Are you saying there isn't a right back available for £3 million that would not be available on Bacuna's wage on a 4.5 year deal?
    Perhaps, I just wondered if you had somebody in mind.

Perhaps, I just wondered if you had somebody in mind.
    Not particularly.

Seems the club had nobody in mind other than messing about and putting all their eggs in one basket when targeting the Monaco lad.

Frankfurt came in and he is away to them in double quick time. Another example of us stumbling on a transfer and a competent set up coming in and getting a deal done quickly and efficiently.

Well that's all Folks ........... can't say I'm not disappointed with today's business, thought we might have taken the risk on one or two more players but hey ho there we go

Frankfurt came in and he is away to them in double quick time. Another example of us stumbling on a transfer and a competent set up coming in and getting a deal done quickly and efficiently.
    In fairness, Frankfurt are 5th in The Bundesliga and are playing in Europe so possibly just a more attractive option.

Or maybe an example of someone who wasn't up for a fight and took the easier option of a place in a top 6 Bundesliga side.

In fairness, Frankfurt are 5th in The Bundesliga and are playing in Europe so possibly just a more attractive option.
    There is that but our transfers always seem to be protracted and messy.

I'll never know what goes on but when this happens it always seems to leave chance of a target getting nicked.

Then again in the modern game with agents using clubs and players as pawns in their game of getting rich then who knows.
    We have our two players and we all know why we're short up top now.

It is what it is and we as fans can do nothing more than get behind the team that is out there on the pitch.

Or maybe an example of someone who wasn't up for a fight and took the easier option of a place in a top 6 Bundesliga side.

Out of all the teams around us who do you think has done the best business?

Palace with Batshuayi.

There was some talk earlier of Damour going on loan to a Scottish team. Their window closes at midnight so that could happen. Trying to work out what our 25-man squad could look like. Only Madine has left from the original squad. If Damour does go then Bacuna and Niasse to take their places, I assume? Not sure where that would leave Healey, who hasn't gone back out on loan?