+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THREAD

Re: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THREAD

I am willing to give him a chance and will support him in the blue as with every signing we make but this fills me with dread.

The reaction of fans of his former club are usually the ones I put most trust in unless there is an underlying bitterness from losing the player.

This though appears to be an average player that is being bought because we have no other options.

It questions what has been said by other posters in the Warnock transfer thread that the club put in lots of work prior to the transfer window. This suggests the total opposite and is not the quality of player that will keep us in the league I don't feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I mentioned Bacuna to the Villa fans at work, 15 minutes later & they're still laughing. Lazy, unable to pass & no end product, not good enough for the Championship, would not get into the current Villa team. Zero positive words. Forgot goes AWOL for most of the game!
    I remember him from when he went to Villa and he was a good player. He has Premier League experience, which is what we need, and obviously has talent - see the free kick goal above that he scored against us. How about giving him a chance before writing him off. I would trust NW's opinions of him anytime over a bunch of disillusioned, jealous Villa fans who have delusions of grandeur.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Wonder if the heavy snow later will scupper any potential deals?
    Hope it blasts down now if Leandro Bacuna is the type of signing we can expect.

This is why I said it might be best to keep our money for the summer.

Talk about panic buying.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I remember him from when he went to Villa and he was a good player. He has Premier League experience, which is what we need, and obviously has talent - see the free kick goal above that he scored against us. How about giving him a chance before writing him off. I would trust NW's opinions of him anytime over a bunch of disillusioned, jealous Villa fans who have delusions of grandeur.
    He has three assists and three goals in the Championship this year.
    That does not suggest a good Premier League level player but I am willing to be proved wrong.

If he was coming from Villa I would take your point regarding their fans but he is at Reading now and Villa would have no axe to grind really given their current predicament in comparison to ours.

Just as with madine I’ve seen him play plenty of times and he’s bang average.

I understand the club are in a very difficult position and need bodies in but I know how good Leandro Bacuna is.

a bunch of disillusioned, jealous Villa fans who have delusions of grandeur.
    You obviously don't know many Villa fans then. I've worked with around 50 them for the last 20 years and your descriptions could not be further from the truth. They agree with your comment about "when he went" he started well but faded fast.

Can you please demonstrate to me where I wrote him off. I can't seem to find that in my comments.

Re: TRANSFER RUMORS

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    OK, maybe down to the wording of it. The impression I got was that he would be allowedto leave, I didn't think a fee was going to be involved but I may be totally wrong :homer:
    Southampton want £10m acc to The Sun reporter Alan Nixon.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Southampton want £10m acc to The Sun reporter Alan Nixon.
    In this day and age, £10m isn't much and we're desperate for goals - which Austin has consistently provided over the years.

Is it a gamble? Yeah, but all of our signings are gambles. Go get him, Neil!

Bacuna is a weird signing unless we're absolutely desperate for defenders. Is he better than Jazz Richards?

I'm wondering if Sean Morrison won't be named in the 25-man squad for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    In this day and age, £10m isn't much and we're desperate for goals - which Austin has consistently provided over the years.

Is it a gamble? Yeah, but all of our signings are gambles. Go get him, Neil!
    This ^^^

Rather another midfielder or defender over Austin, an injury prone, inconsistent player who will have very little service as it currently is.

Bacuna v City in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Just as with madine I’ve seen him play plenty of times and he’s bang average.

I understand the club are in a very difficult position and need bodies in but I know how good Leandro Bacuna is.
    Our manager and coaching staff obviously disagree with you. Do you actually think they would sign him if they thought he was 'bang average'. If the above free kick is 'bang average' then please can we have some more. No doubt you thought Peter Whittingham was 'bang average' as well.

Our manager and coaching staff obviously disagree with you. Do you actually think they would sign him if they thought he was 'bang average'. If the above free kick is 'bang average' then please can we have some more. No doubt you thought Peter Whittingham was 'bang average' as well.
    I didn’t think peter whittingham was bang average no, but one class free kick 6 years ago doesn’t make Bacuna good.

The coaching staff disagreed with me on Madine too, he’s now playing in a division below after scoring zero goals for the club.

I hope he comes good but I’m allowed to comment that I think he’s not good enough surely?

They signed Madine after all. As well as signing Murphy and Reid then not playing them. I like Warnock a lot but he’s had some stinking transfers since joining

The lads a right back in a struggling championship side after struggling to get into another Championship side so he’s apparently good enough to play for us? He was in that dreadful Villa side that went down in 2016 remember, they had about 18 points!

Dan James heading to Leeds with some asset stripping down at Swansea

Bid for Roberts?

Heisenberg

Yeah, let's sign John Arne Riise too... he scored a great free kick several years ago. What an illogical argument.

Bacuna has the same agent as Morrison, Peltier, Ralls, Healey, Gestede, Tomlin, Zaha ..... Harry Kane, Callum Wilson & about 10% of the PL

Thats the trouble with this board. There are a number of people who set themselves up as experts in team management and coaching matters and obviously think that they know better than the club staff, which is laughable really and couldnt be further from the truth. I prefer to give every player we sign the opportunity to show us how good they are first.

Heisenberg

Thats the trouble with this board. There are a number of people who set themselves up as experts in team management and coaching matters and obviously think that they know better than the club staff, which is laughable really and couldnt be further from the truth. I prefer to give every player we sign the opportunity to show us how good they are first.
    You're essentially saying that we're not allowed to form opinions on players despite seeing them play loads of times previously. We all hope that any player that signs for us performs well, but if we've seen them previously and they haven't looked great, are we not allowed to say that?

So should we not say anything then? Other than pure facts? No opinions at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Yeah, let's sign John Arne Riise too... he scored a great free kick several years ago. What an illogical argument.
    And you think that I am being illogical. What is illogical is writing off a player that hasnt kicked a ball for us yet, just because you dont like him. I know that you have a record for this type of thing, so I bow to your superior knowledge and interlect.

And you think that I am being illogical. What is illogical is writing off a player that hasnt kicked a ball for us yet, just because you dont like him. I know that you have a record for this type of thing, so I bow to your superior knowledge and interlect.
    How is it illogical to have seen a player play quite a few times and then say you don’t think he’s good enough?

It’s nothing to do with “not liking” them ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    So should we not say anything then? Other than pure facts? No opinions at all.
    How about welcoming him to the club and wishing him well. Radical idea I know but why not try it - it may make you feel better (but I doubt it).

How about welcoming him to the club and wishing him well. Radical idea I know but why not try it - it may make you feel better (but I doubt it).
    I don't think Bacuna is rushing over to CCMB to find out if he has been welcomed to the club or not.