+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Next 7 Games

Next 7 Games

Everyone knows our form against top 6 teams, and seeing as the next seven fixtures are against teams who sit outside of the top 6, we should see a couple wins come our way. If we drop Paterson who is in need of a rest and use one of our many wingers to go up with Niasse and Reid, and find a replacement RB in the next few days, we should be confident of not being cast away come the final run in.

For the seven games I think we'll find a way to win 3 games, whilst losing 3 and drawing one, but the next two are massive games. The teams around us made their move last night, we need to respond.

Re: Next 7 Games

I really think we need to beat/draw v one of the big guns if we are to have any chance.
    On the other hand you are quite right we need a decent haul of points from the next 6 games otherwise we can kiss the premier goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I really think we need to beat/draw v one of the big guns if we are to have any chance.
    On the other hand you are quite right we need a decent haul of points from the next 6 games otherwise we can kiss the premier goodbye.
    The only reassuring thing is we have picked up all of our points against these teams. So hopefully we can continue that trend. Yes agreed, our run of 0 points against the top 6 (or Everton), stretching both seasons is bordering on the ridiculous. Can't even catch them on their off days.

4 of the 6 are at home.

The optimist in me says 13 points are a possibility, the realist says 5 points maybe 8 if we can get a result at Southampton.

Bournemouth have the worst away record of the 4 (16th in table) 9 pts out of 33, no draws
    Everton are next with 12 pts from 36
    West Ham has 14 out of 36
    Watford are the best travellers with 16 out of 33, they're the only team with a positive record & positive goal difference

Southampton have the 3rd worst home record in the division (Palace & Fulham worse) & have only won 2 out of 11
    Wolves on the other hand are strong at home & have managed 20 points already