Thread: Who's this

Who's this

Reading fullback we've signed?

Re: Who's this

Give us a name and we'll tell you.

Bacuna. Any good?

I seem to remember his name mentioned a lot last season. Has been previously linked with us I wonder?

Has rarely played as a fullback, usually a central midfielder

He was pretty good in his first season at Villa. Think he scored a few free kicks.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Has rarely played as a fullback, usually a central midfielder
    He was playing at full back a lot last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Aye, but did he do well?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Aye, but did he do well?
    Better than Gunter

Looks like he can play anywhere on the right or in midfield. He's probably more of an attacking fullback, which we haven't had at the club for a while.

Better than Gunter
    Sign him up!

13 times at RB and 2 at LB, mostly as a central midfielder

Scored a cracking free kick against us last time we were in the premier league. If I remember right we were doing well up until then.

Everyone I ask who has watched him regularly doesnt have glowing reviews but if he is going to play in wingback / rightback role then he must immediately be our best option?

Heisenberg

I wasn't trying to contradict you as you're right, he's usually a central midfielder... but If half of his starts last season were at full back, I'd say that was a lot.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by tdob (in Toronto) View Post
    Scored a cracking free kick against us last time we were in the premier league. If I remember right we were doing well up until then.

Everyone I ask who has watched him regularly doesnt have glowing reviews but if he is going to play in wingback / rightback role then he must immediately be our best option?
    Do you mean in that game or that season? If you mean the game, we were awful for 90mins.

Quote Originally Posted by tdob (in Toronto) View Post

By the looks of it he's handy at set pieces (something I think we've been poor at this year). Can play centre mid or right back. Seems like a decent signing.

Do you mean in that game or that season? If you mean the game, we were awful for 90mins.
    In the game. To be fair we were awful for most of the season, I just didn't think there was much in the match until that strike. My mind might be rewriting my football memories to save me from reliving them.

Work colleague who is a Reading ST holder is not giving me glowing feedback. Can't get in their team much this season.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBee'sKnees View Post
    Work colleague who is a Reading ST holder is not giving me glowing feedback. Can't get in their team much this season.
    In all fairness, that doesn't really count for a lot.

Where the fecks Pearcey when you need him

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    In all fairness, that doesn't really count for a lot.
    Why do you say that? If it's true, that he can't get in their team much, a team who are in the relegation zone of the Championship - that's cause for concern!

Backup for Peltier? Upon hearing his name a Villa colleague started panicking that they were buying him back

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Why do you say that? If it's true, that he can't get in their team much, a team who are in the relegation zone of the Championship - that's cause for concern!
    Because he might have been mismanaged and/or been in a team full of wankers for all we know. Also, he might have had personal problems such as family matters over the past year.

There are so many variables.

I always look at things from a personal point of view. I don't say this to gain any kind of praise, but I'm a grafter and work as hard as I can. However when my Dad died unexpectedly, my mind was elsewhere and in hindsight, I wasn't up to the job at that time. I never let anyone know how I was feeling of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Backup for Peltier? Upon hearing his name a Villa colleague started panicking that they were buying him back
    Don't you mean a replacement for Peltier? If he's only backup for Peltier then that suggests he's no better..

(double post)