+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bread and Milk

Re: Bread and Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Have you tried the Spicy Stir Fry flavour noodles from Home Bargains? Only 27p and they'll blow your socks off. Cracking value
    talking of spicy

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/...d-peanuts-200g

these are hot as hell

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Where did it come from to buy bread and milk? Surely it’s a lot easier to buy flour and milk powder? I would be buying loads of tinned stuff if I thought I was going to be stuck in the house for months
    Think your confusing winter , with project Brexit fear

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I love baking bread from scratch. Needing is an excellent stress relief because you can take it all out on the dough (the more pissed off the better).

Top tip to budding bakers - clean any hard mixture up with cheap shaving foam. Spray it on and let it sit for 15 mins. 65p from Wilkinsons.
    Needing 😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    To be fair it's usually old ****ers buying all the bread and milk. Mmm what delightful stuff to get in. Never understood the logic, it goes off in next to no time. What do they expect to do in a time of actual emergency ? Dip their bread into their milk ? Over 50s are the real snowflakes. Bothered by anything that breathes.
    I think a lot of them have embraced technology and freeze the bread and milk for use at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    My nan used to make me bread and milk when I was a kid. With salt and pepper. I loved it.
    We used to put sugar on ours.

French toast innit. I love it. A bit of the ol' HP too.
    I think he means bread cut into small pieces and put into a bowl, with a helping of milk. The bread was used instead of cereals, which were a lot more expensive than a loaf of bread.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    that reminds me, that was one of my random " new year resolutions " to make different flavoured breads, i like Chillie cheese bread from Waitrose, cannot be that hard to make

so just ordered myself 3 X 1lb loaf tins
    I wouldn't know mate, I'm working class so I don't got Waitrose.

I do like the sound of that though. Is the cheese in the bread or on top?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Needing 😂😂😂😂
    I realised my mistake immediately after posting but decided to leave it uncorrected and take any subsequent ridicule like a man.

I realised my mistake immediately after posting but decided to leave it uncorrected and take any subsequent ridicule like a man.
    Didn't Leo Sayer sing "When I Knead You"? I think he earned a lot of dough from it....

Definitely worth a go. My heat tolerance is quite high but I was sweating like a good one after eating these. Here they are:

https://www.homebargains.co.uk/produ...ase-of-30.aspx
    Good grief, you were not wrong.

Picked a pack up earlier. Ate them about an hour ago and my mouth is still on fire.

Nice though. Value for money 27p is unbelievable.

Chop a spring onion, some mange tout and a chicken breast up in them and it’s a far cheaper but just as tasty alternative to the the 6 quid stir frys from M&S

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Good grief, you were not wrong.

Picked a pack up earlier. Ate them about an hour ago and my mouth is still on fire.

Nice though. Value for money 27p is unbelievable.

Chop a spring onion, some mange tout and a chicken breast up in them and it’s a far cheaper but just as tasty alternative to the the 6 quid stir frys from M&S
    Nice one

They're a bit lively, aren't they? Anyone else on here who likes a kick to their food, they're highly recommended.

Nice one

They're a bit lively, aren't they? Anyone else on here who likes a kick to their food, they're highly recommended.
    Seconded

I’m going to try their other flavours now.

I've tried the Curry flavour and Chicken flavour. They're nice but nothing out of the ordinary. Bought the Masala flavour earlier, so will feedback after a taste test.

Just had the Masala flavour. Blimey, they're as hot, if not hotter than the Spicy Stir-Fry!

Just had the Masala flavour. Blimey, they're as hot, if not hotter than the Spicy Stir-Fry!

Going to need a trip to home bargains I think! What were those spicy pizzas people on here used to say were hot?