+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Bacuna is a Bluebird - CONFIRMED

Re: Bacuna is a Bluebird - CONFIRMED

The contract is too long and the fee too high - which makes the signing a bit suspicious - but from what I have seen of Bacuna he could be a very useful squad player for us in the Championship at right back or central mid and at a pinch in the Premier League if we get back - he didn't flop when he got a run out last season.

He doesn't improve the squad (hence why he doesn't get a start in most peoples' fantasy team) but he does add depth and seems to be of a similar standard to Ralls, Peltier etc. He could easily get a run in the team if we have injuries or suspensions.

he's a back up player in the Premiership but may figure more in the Championship where utility squad players are very useful he can play at a decent level as a full /wing back , wing or midfielder .

As to the length of the contract its probably agent driven , not many at the age of 27 like short contracts so they seek longer ones to get them into their 30's , agent has done his job ,player has done well , we've not been that burned ,not sure what the issue is .

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    An interesting theory, you think that during the January transfer window when we needed reinforcements to avoid relegation, NW looked forward to the time that we would be relegated and in the Championship to reinforce the squad in areas where we would be a bit thin as a result of loanees returning. Perhaps you're right but it seems a bit defeatist from the NW point of view and certainly didn't help in terms of last season's campaign. If he plays regularly in midfield this season then perhaps you will be proved right. If he doesn't then paying £3m+ for player with a 4 and a half year contract as back up would not seem to be very sensible.
    True. It does seem unlike Warnock to be defeatist however staring those next 6 months after that tragic Sala incident can obviously cause a shift (even if short term) to a negative outlook. And with the time of the transfer window ticking down - and the application for extension being denied (like honestly wth!) we probably panicked and looked forward as no striker wanted to join us after the circumstances. The pursuit of now Villa player, Wesley Moaraes, ending made us realise this season would probably finish in upset and us not reaching our goal. So with all these factors to take into mind, I’m sure Warnock would probably have been secretly worried about the clubs future. With time ticking away, I’m sure he had his hand forced by the short period of time left. He probably had to agree to the ludicrous 4 1/2 year contract but I’m sure as it was a longer contract he is being paid a lower weekly wage (maybe 10%-20% lower than what he could have commanded with a 2 1/2 year contract).

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Let's be honest, what would we be thinking if a player with Bacuna's career record signed for another club that was in the Premier League at the time on a contract that long with a similar agent connection?
    Unlike some, Paul, I can see that you have figured out what the issue is

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    he's a back up player in the Premiership but may figure more in the Championship where utility squad players are very useful he can play at a decent level as a full /wing back , wing or midfielder .

As to the length of the contract its probably agent driven , not many at the age of 27 like short contracts so they seek longer ones to get them into their 30's , agent has done his job ,player has done well , we've not been that burned ,not sure what the issue is .
    And who was that agent who benefited so much for getting such a long term contract on wage levels well above the norm ( and previous level paid by former club).
    And what is that agent’s relationship with our manager.

Sorry but the terms of and background to the deal leave a sour taste in the mouth and may be open to an investigation of a possible breach of the transfer regulations by the football authorities. Deals such as this one, the unnecessary and overpaid ones with the McKay twins etc. don’t ring true as proper arms length deals for the benefit of CCFC as a club rather than for the benefit of certain individuals

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    And who was that agent who benefited so much for getting such a long term contract on wage levels well above the norm ( and previous level paid by former club).
    And what is that agent’s relationship with our manager.

Sorry but the terms of and background to the deal leave a sour taste in the mouth and may be open to an investigation of a possible breach of the transfer regulations by the football authorities. Deals such as this one, the unnecessary and overpaid ones with the McKay twins etc. don’t ring true as proper arms length deals for the benefit of CCFC as a club rather than for the benefit of certain individuals
    You may will be right ,we seem to suffer badly with agents and managers choices when we reach the premiership

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You may will be right ,we seem to suffer badly with agents and managers choices when we reach the premiership
    Not just us. Similar issues at QPR and C Palace with a not dissimilar manager/ football agent son relationship.

Not just us. Similar issues at QPR and C Palace with a not dissimilar manager/ football agent son relationship.
    Are you surprised that Warnock is still here?

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Are you surprised that Warnock is still here?
    On balance,yes

On balance,yes
    Just in the interests of fairness, please could you provide full details of your work, financial and personal details over the last say twenty years, so that I can make a 'balanced' assessment about your integrity and suitability to make the wild, unsubstantiated and speculative claims about the conduct of the current manager of our team.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Just in the interests of fairness, please could you provide full details of your work, financial and personal details over the last say twenty years, so that I can make a 'balanced' assessment about your integrity and suitability to make the wild, unsubstantiated and speculative claims about the conduct of the current manager of our team.
    Don’t see the relevance of your request.

I also don’t see where I have made any claims that can fairly be described as wild, unsubstantiated or speculative.

I am merely referring to easily traced facts that previous transactions by Neil Warnock at QPR and Crystal Palace for example which have involved his son have been questioned by the football authorities as they were concerned about potential breaches of their connected party agent rules.

There have also been concerns expressed by a number of fans and former players I have spoken to recently about contract terms and selection decisions made at his current club again involving the same close agent relationship. Examples include Bacuna, Healey and the twin sons of Willie McKay.

The only degree of “speculation “ in those comments is that the reasons for those decisions remain unexplained

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The contract is too long and the fee too high - which makes the signing a bit suspicious - but from what I have seen of Bacuna he could be a very useful squad player for us in the Championship at right back or central mid and at a pinch in the Premier League if we get back - he didn't flop when he got a run out last season.

He doesn't improve the squad (hence why he doesn't get a start in most peoples' fantasy team) but he does add depth and seems to be of a similar standard to Ralls, Peltier etc. He could easily get a run in the team if we have injuries or suspensions.
    I reckon you got him on the cheap