+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bacuna is a Bluebird - CONFIRMED

Re: Bacuna is a Bluebird - CONFIRMED

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I said in the main we have failed and I stick by that.

Our biggest deal in January 2018 was Madine. We didn't go up because of Madine but more regardless of the fact he did not score.
    We signed him to score the goals to get us over the line. We managed to get these from other areas with Madine getting not one.
    Aren't you enjoying following your team in the Premier League ? If not, why do you bother.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    So you have mentioned it?!? 2 posts ago you said it was the first time you had mentioned it. Make you’re ****ing mind up you whopper. ��
    Its like talking to a child - you accused me of constantly bringing Sala into matters to score points, whereas what I have actually been doing is telling people to stop talking about him in the way they were, as they were being disrespectful to him and his family. If you think that that is the same thing then god help you.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Aren't you enjoying following your team in the Premier League ? If not, why do you bother.
    i've tried to clean up threads that involve personal bickering, I've banned someone as well, but dml you keep turning up as the most agrumentative poster here.

Its like talking to a child - you accused me of constantly bringing Sala into matters to score points, whereas what I have actually been doing is telling people to stop talking about him in the way they were, as they were being disrespectful to him and his family. If you think that that is the same thing then god help you.
    The first person to mention Sala in this discussion was YOU.

The discussion was fine until you showed up. No arguing. No bickering.

As for telling people to stop discussing football on a football forum? That’s very noble of you.

Good question.

I felt we went down last time without giving it a proper go and feel that this season we have missed opportunities to right the wrongs of our last tilt at staying in this league.

Now I haven't enjoyed us setting up to defend in the main especially against teams like Huddersfield at home. I am also not in for gushing over the stars of another club. I am there to watch City in the main.

Do I enjoy having our @rses handed to us by the cream of this league? No. Do I like us seemingly setting up to draw 0-0 with the second worst defensive record in this league? No.

I have enjoyed some games this season. Both Arsenal games, Fulham home, to cut a long story short the games where we have thrown caution to the wind and giving them something to think about.

I really feel that we could have strengthened well and had a good tilt at staying up. Having seen what we have seemingly looked to strengthen with though, I now fear the worst.

I think our best chance from here on in would be to get our best attacking threats on the pitch and set up as we did at Arsenal and Leicester and not die wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    i've tried to clean up threads that involve personal bickering, I've banned someone as well, but dml you keep turning up as the most agrumentative poster here.
    Mike, I am trying to defend myself here. I have tried to avoid confrontation but some of the stuff in this thread is disgraceful and the usual suspects are all having a go at me for defending the club and manager. I try to avoid swearing and personal insults, which is something that other people appear to do for fun. I dont see why I should put up with bullying and people 'ganging up' on my posts. If trying to defend the club and manager/team is wrong then fair enough.

Mike, I am trying to defend myself here. I have tried to avoid confrontation but some of the stuff in this thread is disgraceful and the usual syspects are all having a go at me for defending the club and manager. I try to avoid swearing and personal insults, which is something that other people appear to do for fun. I dont see why I should put up with bullying and people 'ganging up' on my posts. If trying to defend the club and manager/team is wrong then fair enough.
    Are you for real?

You weren’t even involved in the thread and your first input was to start calling people idiots and one poster a prat because you didn’t agree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Good question.

I felt we went down last time without giving it a proper go and feel that this season we have missed opportunities to right the wrongs of our last tilt at staying in this league.

Now I haven't enjoyed us setting up to defend in the main especially against teams like Huddersfield at home. I am also not in for gushing over the stars of another club. I am there to watch City in the main.

Do I enjoy having our @rses handed to us by the cream of this league? No. Do I like us seemingly setting up to draw 0-0 with the second worst defensive record in this league? No.

I have enjoyed some games this season. Both Arsenal games, Fulham home, to cut a long story short the games where we have thrown caution to the wind and giving them something to think about.

I really feel that we could have strengthened well and had a good tilt at staying up. Having seen what we have seemingly looked to strengthen with though, I now fear the worst.

I think our best chance from here on in would be to get our best attacking threats on the pitch and set up as we did at Arsenal and Leicester and not die wondering.
    Thats a much more reasonable post and I agree with parts of it, especially the last paragraph. I dont however feel that this window can be taken as anywhere near a normal occasion due to obvious reasons. If Sala was playing for us, we would have had two weeks to concentrate on other areas of the team but I feel that we have had to start again almost from scratch which has impacted adversely
    on everything else. We are also not cut adrift at the bottom and still have a chance but quite a few who post on here appear to have totally written us off, which is extremely frustrating. Until we are four points behind with only one game to play, I wont be giving up. I have enjoyed the Newcastle, Southampton and Brighton home games. What about Leicester away as well. Its not all doom and gloom.

Are you for real?

You weren’t even involved in the thread and your first input was to start calling people idiots and one poster a prat because you didn’t agree with them.
    Are you a moderator now ? No, I didnt think so. Why do you continually answer other peoples posts. You have just proved to Mike what I was saying, so thanks.

Are you a moderator now ? No, I didnt think so. Why do you continually answer other peoples posts. You have just proved to Mike what I was saying, so thanks.
    Oh the irony.

You’re not a moderator either so stop telling everyone what they can and cannot post.

Thats a much more reasonable post and I agree with parts of it, especially the last paragraph. I dont however feel that this window can be taken as anywhere near a normal occasion due to obvious reasons. If Sala was playing for us, we would have had two weeks to concentrate on other areas of the team but I feel that we have had to start again almost from scratch which has impacted adversely
    on everything else. We are also not cut adrift at the bottom and still have a chance but quite a few who post on here appear to have totally written us off, which is extremely frustrating. Until we are four points behind with only one game to play, I wont be giving up. I have enjoyed the Newcastle, Southampton and Brighton home games. What about Leicester away as well. Its not all doom and gloom.
    I won't give up either. I just wanted more of a cause for optimism coming out of this transfer window.
    A few factors have transpired against that and we're left with the squad we've now got.

Leicester was the highlight of the season for me to date and a real 'I was there' moment following City. Nothing beats a late winner at a ground you are not meant to take anything from and they don't come much better than that.

Oh the irony.

You’re not a moderator either so stop telling everyone what they can and cannot post.
    Ditto.

I agree we’ve showed in some games we can compete and even pass the ball about a bit and I agree with tuerto that we always look a lot better when pressing higher up the pitch it’s the games like Newcastle away which leaves me with so much doubts the other frustrating part is NW has his favourites and will continue playing his percentage football no matter what, were you not disappointed he took off Reid against arsenal?

I suggest that you read his post again.
    The incident you keep bringing up is a real tragedy but professional businesses cannot "throw in the towel" when something like this happens.
    Someone at the club must take the lead, if our manager is unable to.
    From your posts you come across as someone who wouldn't mind us finishing bottom but will "enjoy the short ride in the premiership".
    Sorry, I do not share your outlook.

Does anyone else like to read the OP and then skip to the final page to see how far things have diverted from thread topic?

I said we could improve our squad by signing players as good as the ones we have and allowing for better rotation - I think Bacuna has a decent shot at becoming our best RB (especially if we play system used against Arsenal) so it's an improvement from my point of view. If we had more time I'm sure we could have added a DM and an attacking midfielder but circumstances made this more difficult. If it helps, no matter what happens from now on, we've definitely had our worst month of the season finish and a new month begins today.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    The incident you keep bringing up is a real tragedy but professional businesses cannot "throw in the towel" when something like this happens.
    Someone at the club must take the lead, if our manager is unable to.
    From your posts you come across as someone who wouldn't mind us finishing bottom but will "enjoy the short ride in the premiership".
    Sorry, I do not share your outlook.
    No of course they can't throw in the towel, and elements of both this and the summer transfer window have been frustrating but we DID break our transfer record to buy a player who we lost in tragic circumstances.

Whether he would have saved the day sadly we'll never know but posts along the lines of "yeah I know we lost Sala" and then going on to criticise the club for their transfer dealings seem a bit harsh. Even just looked at coldly purely in terms of things to happen to a business it's quite a big thing , especially for a club like ours. I'm not saying that gives Neil and the board a free pass but I think it has to be given a bit more consideration when critiquing the club's transfer dealings this window.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    No of course they can't throw in the towel, and elements of both this and the summer transfer window have been frustrating but we DID break our transfer record to buy a player who we lost in tragic circumstances.

Whether he would have saved the day sadly we'll never know but posts along the lines of "yeah I know we lost Sala" and then going on to criticise the club for their transfer dealings seem a bit harsh. Even just looked at coldly purely in terms of things to happen to a business it's quite a big thing , especially for a club like ours. I'm not saying that gives Neil and the board a free pass but I think it has to be given a bit more consideration when critiquing the club's transfer dealings this window.
    Well put, I think you've got it spot on.

Also, on the subject of this thread, I've just come across this positive piece on him, but I do wonder how many times the writer has actually seen Bacuna play.

https://www.footballfancast.com/prem...a-from-reading

Agreed.

Well said.

Looking at recent threads about starting line ups the name Bacuna doesn't crop up very much. It was a somewhat mystifying signing in the last transfer window and things don't seem to be much clearer now, at least to me. At the recent Trust meeting Rob Phillips, Jason Perry and Nathan Blake were asked why they thought we signed him, where did they see him fitting in the team and why did we give him a four and a half year contract. All three were completely nonplussed, couldn't predict if he would start and if he did where he would play and were amazed at the length of contract. When it was pointed out that his agent is Unique Sports Management it did go a bit quiet and nothing more was said. Anyone else have a view on where he fits in ?

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Looking at recent threads about starting line ups the name Bacuna doesn't crop up very much. It was a somewhat mystifying signing in the last transfer window and things don't seem to be much clearer now, at least to me. At the recent Trust meeting Rob Phillips, Jason Perry and Nathan Blake were asked why they thought we signed him, where did they see him fitting in the team and why did we give him a four and a half year contract. All three were completely nonplussed, couldn't predict if he would start and if he did where he would play and were amazed at the length of contract. When it was pointed out that his agent is Unique Sports Management it did go a bit quiet and nothing more was said. Anyone else have a view on where he fits in ?
    I think that Warnock looked forward to the summer in January. Gunnarsson probably told him this would be his last year with us while our other two midfielders (Arter and Camarasa) would leave us. I reckon he was the championship back up of Arter, a box-to-box midfielder who was experianced in the second division. Nothing more. I also believe he is happy to play a background role playing as a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927 View Post
    I think that Warnock looked forward to the summer in January. Gunnarsson probably told him this would be his last year with us while our other two midfielders (Arter and Camarasa) would leave us. I reckon he was the championship back up of Arter, a box-to-box midfielder who was experianced in the second division. Nothing more. I also believe he is happy to play a background role playing as a backup.
    Damn right youd be happy to play a background role if you were given a near 5 year deal!!!

Bonkers

Let's be honest, what would we be thinking if a player with Bacuna's career record signed for another club that was in the Premier League at the time on a contract that long with a similar agent connection?

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927 View Post
    An interesting theory, you think that during the January transfer window when we needed reinforcements to avoid relegation, NW looked forward to the time that we would be relegated and in the Championship to reinforce the squad in areas where we would be a bit thin as a result of loanees returning. Perhaps you're right but it seems a bit defeatist from the NW point of view and certainly didn't help in terms of last season's campaign. If he plays regularly in midfield this season then perhaps you will be proved right. If he doesn't then paying £3m+ for player with a 4 and a half year contract as back up would not seem to be very sensible.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post